Community
Wiki Posts
Search

52,000 Avios for Amex Plat sign-up!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2010, 5:25 am

Programs: BA Silver
Hi,

Looks like it is active. I did a dummy referral and followed the link and got to this screen which says 42K

So, I'm obviously free to refer if needed. PM me if needed.

Last edited by Paralytic; Sep 29, 2010 at 3:13 am
Old Sep 28, 2010, 11:05 am

Another referral available here.. If interested please PM me.

Thanks =
Old Sep 28, 2010, 11:15 am

Programs: BA Blue, HH Diamond
Smile

Post deleted... have a gold card so looks like i can't get this one

Last edited by 2002ad; Sep 28, 2010 at 2:02 pm
Old Sep 28, 2010, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles
As I wrote in the first post, anyone interested in this should NOT ask for a referral before 28 September as it is likely they will NOT get the bonus.
How did I get it so wrong?!

Happy to refer... NOW!

Palmer
Old Sep 28, 2010, 1:16 pm

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by 2002ad
Following on from pauldb's post, I've also been trying to decide if this one is worth it. I've already got the Gold card (still no quidco) and hope I qualify for this this one as well.
If you have the Gold Card, you won't get the Platinum bonus- it's in the offer T&Cs. That's why my wife will be getting a Plat card rather than me.

Offers of paid referrals have been received, so no more PMs thanks.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 1:28 pm
sib

Programs: BAEC Blue, BA AMEX, AMEX Platinum Chargecard, AMEX Gold
If per chance anyone left needing a referral then feel free to send me a PM.

Sure there will be plenty to go around for people though, so even though the miles would be handy for the next reward flight I wont beg...well not just yet
Old Sep 28, 2010, 1:44 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
I have a Gold card as a supplementary card holder on my husband's account. Am I disqualified from this offer? I don't think so, but would like to be sure. I could get him to remove me from his account if need be.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 1:56 pm

Programs: Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BAEC Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by louie-m
I have a Gold card as a supplementary card holder on my husband's account. Am I disqualified from this offer? I don't think so, but would like to be sure. I could get him to remove me from his account if need be.
Does anyone have any views on this? Might be interested in getting the wife a platinum card assuming the supp card doesnt get in the way
Old Sep 28, 2010, 2:44 pm

Programs: Amex BA/platinum, BAec blue.
Earlier today I referred a friend to join by using the link to Amex. After putting in the requested info & clicking the preview button my computer froze, I tried this again several times but to no avail.
I eventually phoned Amex and they put through the transaction successfully and forwarded a copy e-mail inviting my friend to join. Has anyone else had this problem?
Old Sep 28, 2010, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by TONY123
Earlier today I referred a friend to join by using the link to Amex. After putting in the requested info & clicking the preview button my computer froze, I tried this again several times but to no avail.
I eventually phoned Amex and they put through the transaction successfully and forwarded a copy e-mail inviting my friend to join. Has anyone else had this problem?
I am having the problem now. IE crashes every time I try - and it even takes down other IE windows (not tabs, whole different windows) which is very rare.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 3:10 pm

Programs: Amex BA/platinum, BAec blue.
Hi Raffels, Thanks for the advanced promotion info. Yes that's what happened to me, the whole computer froze and had to reboot to get it working again.
I explained this to Amex but said they were not aware of any problems.
They did however put through the promotion over the phone.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Platinum, BA Amex PP, SPG Gold
Has anyone considered cancelling their Amex Gold Card to take advantage of this offer? If so, any idea how long it would take to cancel the Gold before I should apply for the Platinum?

Anything else I should be aware of if I cancel the Gold Card? Was there a minimum membership commitment to eligible for the 20,000k bonus miles?

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 28, 2010, 5:33 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

I've swept through this thread with my feather duster and removed a few posts. In case anyone is wondering why i have done this, here is a polite reminder of the house rules...

FlyerTalk is not a marketplace and nothing is to be offered for sale or conditioned on an exchange of money or barter. This includes solicitation of referrals in exchange for cash contributions and vice versa.

Thanks,

Prospero
Moderator: BAEC forum
Old Sep 29, 2010, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by chrishow
Has anyone considered cancelling their Amex Gold Card to take advantage of this offer? If so, any idea how long it would take to cancel the Gold before I should apply for the Platinum?

Anything else I should be aware of if I cancel the Gold Card? Was there a minimum membership commitment to eligible for the 20,000k bonus miles?

Thanks in advance
No. You will even get a pro-rate fee refund on your £95!
Old Sep 29, 2010, 4:17 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
A thought for Gold Card holders wishing to cancel: don't forget that you'll lose your MR balance when the card is terminated, so make sure you transfer your MR points to your airline of choice before you ring Amex to cancel.

Also: I'm going to be needing a referral for the Platinum Card. If anyone has traded stuff with me in the past/passed advice to me by PM/got PM advice from me would like to do it, please just drop me a PM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.