52,000 Avios for Amex Plat sign-up!

Old Sep 17, 2010, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by GWH
More than willing to refer... but so far down the list!
I wouldn't worry about it - I'm eighth in the list of those offering to refer and I've had not had anyone contact me yet.

I think this forum/thread is preaching to the converted!

Palmer
Old Sep 17, 2010, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by Palmer
I wouldn't worry about it - I'm eighth in the list of those offering to refer and I've had not had anyone contact me yet.

Palmer
Actually I think that last is probably best - I usually start at the end of threads.

PM me if you want
Old Sep 17, 2010, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Palmer

As I wrote in the first post, anyone interested in this should NOT ask for a referral before 28 September as it is likely they will NOT get the bonus.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 6:11 pm

Programs: KL PL ULTI, BA Silver, VS Silver
I'd be very happy to offer a referral. Just drop me a PM.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 5:51 am

Programs: BA miles.
Thanks once again Raffles for letting people know about these amazing deals.

I got the plat card from the last promo you posted, I may refer my hubby.

Note to self, put date in diary re offer start.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 12:24 pm

Programs: HH Gold
Is it possible to cancel a charge card and go for this deal?

Been thinking about plat for a while so this will just sweeten the deal.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 1:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
I have an amex platinum too and I'd be more than happy to refer !

Just send me a PM!
Old Sep 18, 2010, 1:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Can I ask how difficult is it to be approved for Amex Platinum?

I earn £38k and have a decent but not amazing credit record. I have about 5k in total credit which Im guessing is pretty small compared to most of you.

Im not planning on applying right now but I am curious as to how high an earner you need to be to qualify.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 11:26 pm
sib

Programs: BAEC Blue, BA AMEX, AMEX Platinum Chargecard, AMEX Gold
Talking Offset miles cost by saving on BA Amex membership fee?

May have missed this being mentioned earlier in the thread (but it didn't leap out at me if it is..)

Of course the other sweetner on this when considering your £300 investment is that if you already have a BA Amex then you are paying an annual fee for that, e.g. £120/year for the BA Amex Prem Plus

Now, if you then obtain the Plat charge card as part of this promo then when your BA Amex annual membership renewal comes around...you won't have to pay the £120 because of the T&Cs around the membership fee associated with the Plat charge card. Normal Amex spot this automaticaly on renewal but worst case is a quick call the CS who will waive/refund the BA Amex fee. At least that's how its always worked for me.

So you might even convince yourself that it's £180 for 42,000 MR/BA Miles rather than £300.

Raffles - worth and edit to the original post on this thread?

(yes, of course I have a Plat referrer link at your disposal via PM come the 28th )
Old Sep 22, 2010, 11:55 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EK Gold, LH Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Enigma368
Can I ask how difficult is it to be approved for Amex Platinum?

I earn £38k and have a decent but not amazing credit record. I have about 5k in total credit which Im guessing is pretty small compared to most of you.

Im not planning on applying right now but I am curious as to how high an earner you need to be to qualify.

I'm sure you can check eligibility criteria on their web site but IIRC it's £40K min salary.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by sib
May have missed this being mentioned earlier in the thread (but it didn't leap out at me if it is..)

Of course the other sweetner on this when considering your £300 investment is that if you already have a BA Amex then you are paying an annual fee for that, e.g. £120/year for the BA Amex Prem Plus

Now, if you then obtain the Plat charge card as part of this promo then when your BA Amex annual membership renewal comes around...you won't have to pay the £120 because of the T&Cs around the membership fee associated with the Plat charge card. Normal Amex spot this automaticaly on renewal but worst case is a quick call the CS who will waive/refund the BA Amex fee. At least that's how its always worked for me.

So you might even convince yourself that it's £180 for 42,000 MR/BA Miles rather than £300.
My understanding is that this is no longer available to new Plats although old Plats continue to get the free BA Amex.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 1:15 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat OZ Diamond SK Diamond BA Blue
Originally Posted by Raffles
My understanding is that this is no longer available to new Plats although old Plats continue to get the free BA Amex.
That's a pity. I was secretly hoping my Gold Card Annual Fee might get waived with my Plat Charge Card. (I also have a problem with Tooth Fairies and Christmas...)

Last edited by adl73x; Sep 23, 2010 at 6:51 am Reason: Spelling
Old Sep 23, 2010, 6:08 am

I notice the original deal (ie 40,000 without referral and possible quidco) is back on:

http://www.americanexpress.com/uk/pl...de=&gl_id=1724
Old Sep 23, 2010, 6:17 am

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by jonathanev
I notice the original deal (ie 40,000 without referral and possible quidco) is back on:

http://www.americanexpress.com/uk/pl...de=&gl_id=1724
But if you read the T&C, it still says: Valid until midnight on 16 August 2010.

There is a big difference between quidco not updating their copy of the T&C with a date extension for the offer (as happened in the past) and Amex themselves not doing it. The 40k is a direct amex offer, and you wouldn't have that much of a case asking for the 40k if the T&C say the offer finished...
Old Sep 23, 2010, 7:14 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by Purdey
I'm sure you can check eligibility criteria on their web site but IIRC it's £40K min salary.
That's household income of £40k, so if you have a partner and they have income of £2k+ or you have non-salary income of £2k+, you would qualify.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.