Community
Wiki Posts
Search

52,000 Avios for Amex Plat sign-up!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2012, 2:43 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marco Polo Gold, BA
Originally Posted by johnny5a
I know this isn't the AMEX Plat forum, but my comment hasn't been answered on the AMEX MR forum - Mrs J5a still hasn't received the new T&Cs for the travel insurance. I've asked AMEX via twitter but no answer as yet.

Yesterday I won a couple of ticked on BMI - so as I didn't pay for them with AMEX - am I covered or not?
my understanding new T&C takes effect from 25Jan onwards. i.e. if your trip is booked after 25Jan it will have to be paid on Amex, trips booked before that are under the old rules.

So I guess it depends on if your trip is considered "booked" before 25Jan.

you can see related discussion here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...uary-25th.html

its probably worth speaking to Amex travel insurance to clarify that.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 2:51 pm

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
Originally Posted by kingcedz
my understanding new T&C takes effect from 25Jan onwards. i.e. if your trip is booked after 25Jan it will have to be paid on Amex, trips booked before that are under the old rules.

So I guess it depends on if your trip is considered "booked" before 25Jan.

you can see related discussion here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...uary-25th.html

its probably worth speaking to Amex travel insurance to clarify that.
Thanks

The flight will probably be booked in the next two weeks. I've already contributed to the thread, I've just sent a query to AMEX, so I will await the reply.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 7:23 am

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
Plat Travel Insurance and Prizes

Originally Posted by johnny5a
Thanks

The flight will probably be booked in the next two weeks. I've already contributed to the thread, I've just sent a query to AMEX, so I will await the reply.
Just had confirmation that my prizes are covered by the Annual travel insurance
Old Jan 25, 2012, 11:31 pm

I applied for the card on Sunday(22nd) through the quidco route, the 40K bonus point offer was still showing on the AMEX website but has since vanished.

I've been assured on the phone by AMEX that I'm still eligible for the offer but I’m not convinced. Anyone any ideas how I can get this confirmed once I have my card in hand?
Old Jan 25, 2012, 11:59 pm

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by abzsra
I applied for the card on Sunday(22nd) through the quidco route, the 40K bonus point offer was still showing on the AMEX website but has since vanished.

I've been assured on the phone by AMEX that I'm still eligible for the offer but I’m not convinced. Anyone any ideas how I can get this confirmed once I have my card in hand?
I would just phone back and make sure the last person you spoke to added the confirmation to your record. not a lot you can do except spend money and wait. If you don't get it, there's the record of the offer and you calling up.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by chistery
I would just phone back and make sure the last person you spoke to added the confirmation to your record. not a lot you can do except spend money and wait. If you don't get it, there's the record of the offer and you calling up.
Just called again and they said the non referral bonus has not be valid since December and I was given wrong info at the start of the week.

I’m going to cancel, how long will I have to wait before going down the referral route?
Old Jan 26, 2012, 2:39 am

Programs: VS Silver; BA Blue; HH Gold; SPG Gold
Just called again and they said the non referral bonus has not be valid since December and I was given wrong info at the start of the week.

I’m going to cancel, how long will I have to wait before going down the referral route?
As soon as card and MR account are cancelled (ask them to cancel both) and paid off, if you put anything on them, you should be ok to go via referal route.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 2:41 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold

Had the card been fully approved by Amex? I'd say it depends at what stage it's cancelled? Get Amex to confirm it's closed, however you may end up having two credit searches, which could go against you.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 5:00 am

After another couple of calls I eventually called the complaints line...

They confirmed that I would be allow to cancel this card, wait 72 hours then go through the referral route and be eligable.

Thanks for all your help, I'll keep the thread updated on progress!
Old Jan 26, 2012, 6:47 am

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
I was approved for the card in November (40,000 bonus points via Quidco) and a couple days ago I hit the £1500 spend but I haven't received the bonus points in my account yet. Any recent experiences on how long they take to post?
Old Jan 26, 2012, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by Strawb
I was approved for the card in November (40,000 bonus points via Quidco) and a couple days ago I hit the £1500 spend but I haven't received the bonus points in my account yet. Any recent experiences on how long they take to post?
My wife's posted instantly - I would ring them to confirm...
Old Jan 26, 2012, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Will go on instantly alongside the MR points for that transaction, which typically post a day or so after the cash transaction hits your account. If the Mr points have hit without the 40k, call them and do not listen to any rubbish about 'will post in 6 to 8 weeks'. They post with the base points for the £1500 transaction or not at all.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 9:37 am

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
Thanks guys. I knew I should have just asked on here instead of wasting my time calling them up several times earlier this afternoon.

The transaction taking my spend to over £1500 was made on 24th Jan and only appeared in my account today.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 9:59 am

Thanks guys. I knew I should have just asked on here instead of wasting my time calling them up several times earlier this afternoon.

The transaction taking my spend to over £1500 was made on 24th Jan and only appeared in my account today.
If the MR points hit (different to the transaction hitting by a couple of days) and the bonus do not, ring them up and complain....
Old Jan 27, 2012, 8:17 am

Programs: BA Blue
Referal required

Hello there!

First post here!

Looking for someone to refer me for the Platinum card please.

Regards

Adj

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.