FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Pro-active Upgrade cost tracking and questions thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1117885-pro-active-upgrade-cost-tracking-questions-thread.html)

Swanhunter Sep 24, 2010 3:04 pm

The 'special' J to F price seems a blanket GBP399. however it is offered far less frequently than ET to CE so expect not to see it in MMB.

toothy Sep 25, 2010 12:19 pm

Can I just clarify a couple of things. Planning a work trip to LAS, with no client to charge so Y only :(. However we do have a budget available so can use it to upgrade.

I'll be starting at MAN so do they do upgrades there (don't think I've ever seen them)?

Route is MAN-LHR-DFW-LAS (last segment is on AA and not going direct as is 1K more!). Does that stop the MMB upgrade being available?

Thanks

Toothy

BA or bust Sep 27, 2010 10:32 am

[QUOTE=BA or bust;14767408]
Quote: Originally Posted by BA or bust
Can you (or other helpful souls) please confirm that one can upgrade on codeshares? I can understand BA's systems being able to cope with BA's own flights - but I am scpetical that BA can do it for all its codeshare partners. As it happens HEL is one of the routes I might do this on, but there there are others e.g. Malev.

BTW - since I mostly have TA booked tickets I can only do this at OLCI time. Hence the concern about BA's IT talking to, say, Finnair's IT at short notice and getting the transaction right!

Anyone know the answer or have experience of this? ?[/
QUOTE]

Bumped, really keen to find out if anyone knows the answer to this. :)

Swanhunter Sep 27, 2010 3:14 pm

LHR-DXB £399 J to F. Offered at OLCI for a flight selling F5A4.

typical Sep 27, 2010 3:39 pm

DXB-LHR and LHR-DXB, both AED750 (about 130 quid) from WT->WT+. Only outward was available until a few days ago, but suddenly (after the outbound) the inbound was available too.

Can anyone confirm (or otherwise) that the LGW MMB upgrades can be done on o/w flights?

I'd like to do LGW-JER-LGW and upgrade only the outbound (to make silver and thus avoid losing 40TPs on the above-mentioned LHR-DXB in W!), but for time and cost reasons I'd like to take BA8031 out and BA8032 back - 50 mins turnaround time. BA.com won't allow it, aa.com will only price full Y. Available on expedia but then of course I can't upgrade...

dundalkspur Sep 28, 2010 5:38 am

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy (Post 14774144)
My SFO flight is now showing £185 Y to W on the outbound as a special offer upgrade... Last week it was £135...

Still offering it to me although according to Reservations, there is no availability...

Just be thankfull you were offerred one -we are going next monday morning and we have not been offerred anything!:mad:I had to fork out £100 to get exit seats in row 28 as we are always unlucky with upgrades.

Paralytic Sep 29, 2010 6:04 am

Has anyone ever seen proactive upgrades offered on flights originating in the regions?

I've got an upcoming EDI-LHR-SFO and its looking pretty full:

F7 A3 J3 C0 D0 R0 I0 Y0 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 S0 Q0 G0 W2 E0 T0 N0 O0

I'm in WT+ and over the past couple of weeks I've been monitoring the W class which went from its original 9 to hit zero, went back up to 4 or 5 (Revenue Management I guess), went back to 1 and now sits at 2. Its obviously impossible to say if WT+ is overbooked but I suspect it might be and that revenue management have opened up some more seats and that there will be some upgrades on board.

However, I'd probably jump at the chance to pay a cash upgrade (no MFU availability) but I've never actually been offered a proactive upgrade before. Most of my flights originate in EDI.

So, has anyone actually seen a pro-active upgrade offer when the flight originates in the regions, and where on MMB does it actually appear? Also, is there such a thing as an typical WT+ -> Club pro-active upgrade price for this route?

AJLondon Sep 29, 2010 6:16 am

Originally Posted by Swanhunter (Post 14811831)
LHR-DXB £399 J to F. Offered at OLCI for a flight selling F5A4.

And did that make you whip out the Amex? ;)

timezonehopper Sep 29, 2010 6:28 am

Originally Posted by Paralytic (Post 14837161)
Has anyone ever seen proactive upgrades offered on flights originating in the regions?

Hi Paralytic, this topic came up a while ago in this thread. The conclusion was that these proactive upgrades aren't available when there is a domestic feeder into LON.

I've taken to booking my LHR-XXX-LHR and MAN-LHR-MAN on separate tickets so I can get the chance of a proactive upgrade.

Paralytic Sep 29, 2010 6:32 am

Originally Posted by timezonehopper (Post 14837383)
Hi Paralytic, this topic came up a while ago in this thread. The conclusion was that these proactive upgrades aren't available when there is a domestic feeder into LON.

I've taken to booking my LHR-XXX-LHR and MAN-LHR-MAN on separate tickets so I can get the chance of a proactive upgrade.

Thanks, looks like i'll just have to ask when i get to the airport, but I suspect I'll get the current normal MMB upgrade price of a measly £5460 :eek:

PrivatetoComercial Sep 29, 2010 7:03 am

Anyone know about the cost from PHX-LHR-TLV?

I was able to book my brother and sister inlaw into wt+, but they want $8000 to bump them to CW...I obviously could just buy them cw at that price, so any idea what I can expect here? Travels not till Dec. but any info is appreciated.
Also upgraded FCO to LHR for $137 last month.

snoopstah Sep 29, 2010 3:27 pm

Anyone know why I the option to upgrade my upcoming WT LHR-SFO and LAX-LHR trip would be greyed out? Both upgrade with miles and upgrade with money are not available, and clicking on them reports:

'We regret that it has not been possible to retrieve the full itinerary details required to enable you to change your booking on ba.com. Please contact your local British Airways office.'

Flight was booked directly through ba.com.

clubman Oct 5, 2010 8:44 am

Lhr-lax - £195

Travelling with someone to LAX next week, I'm on a revenue ticket and he is on a redemption, both in Y at the moment.

Special upgrade offer just popped up in both our reservations for £195 one way each.

Is the offer likely to get better as we get closer to the flight?

Sorry, very new at this, it's actually my first time in many years flying Y on long Haul (combination of travelling with someone and a relatively last minute booking).

Also, I'm intrigued (though I'm sure it's been answered before) I assume I get W Tier points and miles if I take the upgrade but what about my friend travelling on a redemption? Would the upgrade change his ticket from a redemption fare to a revenue one?

Swanhunter Oct 5, 2010 8:55 am

Originally Posted by AJLondon (Post 14837270)
And did that make you whip out the Amex? ;)

No...which proved wise as I ended up in 3K anyhow!

clubman Oct 5, 2010 9:59 am

Originally Posted by clubman (Post 14890074)
Travelling with someone to LAX next week, I'm on a revenue ticket and he is on a redemption, both in Y at the moment.

Special upgrade offer just popped up in both our reservations for £195 one way each.

The upgrade offer is now gone from my MMB, but still in my travel companion's yet I'm on a revenue ticket and he is on redemption, very odd.