FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Pro-active Upgrade cost tracking and questions thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1117885-pro-active-upgrade-cost-tracking-questions-thread.html)

MANCHESTER Sep 13, 2010 11:34 am

Are BA only offering these upgrades to flights booked directly with BA? I have a discounted BA/QF flight that includes SYD-LHR on BA10, but was booked through an agent.

The upgrade option is greyed out & was just wondering if there is any chance of a £399 upgrade being offered?

where next Sep 13, 2010 11:37 am

TLV > LHR

£581.03 Y to J in MMB today, not sure i'll take them up on that one

BA or bust Sep 13, 2010 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by Smirnoff (Post 14647779)
LHR-DME and DME-LHR, ET to CE, costs £200 each way.

And LHR-ARN now seems to have settled down to a consistent £125 each way irrespective of what the base Y fare class was.

britbronco22 Sep 13, 2010 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by MANCHESTER (Post 14649648)
Are BA only offering these upgrades to flights booked directly with BA? I have a discounted BA/QF flight that includes SYD-LHR on BA10, but was booked through an agent.

The upgrade option is greyed out & was just wondering if there is any chance of a £399 upgrade being offered?

Upgrading a TA booking at BA.com before OLCI is not possible.
I haven't been offered an upgrade option at OLCI with a TA booking either so far, I wonder if anyone else has had any offers?
Next time I'm planning to ask at the airport which in theory may be possible.
It could be due to the class of ticket booked by the TA though?

Camflyer Sep 13, 2010 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by britbronco22 (Post 14650164)

I think T5 now has a desk dedicated to buying upgrades.

Roger Sep 17, 2010 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by Roger (Post 14647666)
LHR-JFK
WT -> WTP £115

This is £60 fare difference and £55 'Tax/Fee/Charge'

JFK-LHR
WT -> WTP also £115

described as £105 fare difference and £10 extra tax.

I didn't know that there was any difference in tax for different classes ex USA.

drwoodsy Sep 17, 2010 8:54 pm

16th Sept YVR - LHR. WT > CW = $900 Can.

danielnufc Sep 20, 2010 1:23 pm

Travelling friday LHR-LAS on hotline tickets, any ideas on my chances of an upgrade and dont mind paying. We are in WT and would be after WT+ although i know there are only three seats left to sell at the mo. Cant upgrade via website and am travelling from NCL connecting at LHR. Is it worth asking at NCL or would that not work?

alasdair_m Sep 20, 2010 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by sunrisegirl (Post 14511178)
Airport upgrades earn full tier points, but you have to write in to claim them as they don't post automatically.

I got my TP's added to my account without having to contact BAEC after paying for an airport upgrade.

Genius1 Sep 20, 2010 3:43 pm

SYD-LHR on the BA10 was AUD$2000 to upgrade from Club World to First. That price was given at the airport, upon enquiring. Needless to say that I declined :eek:

BA or bust Sep 21, 2010 10:01 am

Originally Posted by YClass (Post 14509421)
Several months back had ~£70 HEL-LHR which I used.... was on codeshare too I think

Originally Posted by henners (Post 14509793)
LHR-HEL and HEL-LHR both GBP 150 about two weeks out (outbound wide open, return J5 C5 D3 R1 I1 Y5 B4 H1 K0 M0 L0 V0 N0 Q0 O0 S0 G0).

LHR-ARN and ARN-LHR both GBP 125 about four weeks out (both wide open).

Can you (or other helpful souls) please confirm that one can upgrade on codeshares? I can understand BA's systems being able to cope with BA's own flights - but I am scpetical that BA can do it for all its codeshare partners. As it happens HEL is one of the routes I might do this on, but there there are others e.g. Malev.

BTW - since I mostly have TA booked tickets I can only do this at OLCI time. Hence the concern about BA's IT talking to, say, Finnair's IT at short notice and getting the transaction right!

BA or bust Sep 23, 2010 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by BA or bust (Post 14735387)
Can you (or other helpful souls) please confirm that one can upgrade on codeshares? I can understand BA's systems being able to cope with BA's own flights - but I am scpetical that BA can do it for all its codeshare partners. As it happens HEL is one of the routes I might do this on, but there there are others e.g. Malev.

BTW - since I mostly have TA booked tickets I can only do this at OLCI time. Hence the concern about BA's IT talking to, say, Finnair's IT at short notice and getting the transaction right!

Anyone know the answer or have experience of this?

Kernow Sep 24, 2010 7:39 am

Originally Posted by britbronco22 (Post 14650164)
Upgrading a TA booking at BA.com before OLCI is not possible.
I haven't been offered an upgrade option at OLCI with a TA booking either so far, I wonder if anyone else has had any offers?

Yep, I have been offered an upgrade from J to F on a TA ticket at OLCI.

Can anyone confirm if a flight + hotel package booked on ba.com is classed as a TA ticket?

Regards,

Kernow

BingBongBoy Sep 24, 2010 7:44 am

My SFO flight is now showing £185 Y to W on the outbound as a special offer upgrade... Last week it was £135...

Still offering it to me although according to Reservations, there is no availability...

Habemuspapam Sep 24, 2010 11:16 am

Hello,

Can anyone give me some guidance as to what the usual upgrade price is, (generally speaking,) within 48 hours of a JFK-LHR flight from CW to F. Just looking for a ballpark figure....not going to hold you to it. :) For the JFK-LHR segment only.

Thanks in advance,

Habemus