FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Amazing service in the AA lounge Miami (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1114969-amazing-service-aa-lounge-miami.html)

BA Loyal Aug 10, 2010 4:15 pm

Amazing service in the AA lounge Miami

I was in the Flagship Lounge yesterday in Miami waiting for my AA flight to New York....

The "dragon" reluctantly let me in once I explained the OW rules to her...

Then she found out my flight was departing from a gate a very long way from the lounge...

"Don't worry, I'll take you there" she said, and that's exactly what she did, she took me in a cart all the way to my gate. The walk would have taken at least half an hour - she was amazing.

Never had such great service anywhere!

The _Banking_Scot Aug 10, 2010 4:20 pm

Hi,

Nice to see such good service.

I was offered a lift in a buggy by the lounge staff before heading to the flight to LAX in April after coming in from Puerto Rico (I declined as I wanted the exercised) and had no problems with access with my Gold card.

I agree some of the distances to the MIA gates are long ( I think there is an airside train being tested just now

Regards

TBS

PointsMeanPrizes Aug 10, 2010 4:23 pm

Isn't there a new BA lounge being put in at Miami? I am going in Feb next year and I heard the AA lounge isn't so great.

BA Loyal Aug 10, 2010 4:30 pm

They are opening the train in September, but until then it is totally crazy - I promise it would have taken over half an hour to walk - the cart took 10 minutes! From the E Lounge to right at the end of the D concourse...

Lobengula Aug 10, 2010 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by BA Loyal (Post 14457782)
They are opening the train in September, but until then it is totally crazy - I promise it would have taken over half an hour to walk - the cart took 10 minutes! From the E Lounge to right at the end of the D concourse...

Average walking speed is 3 mph. So this gate was 1.5 miles from the lounge?

eae Aug 10, 2010 5:52 pm

The MIA flagship lounge is one of my favorite domestic US lounges. Sadly it will be closed on September 14th though and won't be reopened until mid 2011.

serfty Aug 10, 2010 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by eae (Post 14458217)
The MIA flagship lounge is one of my favorite domestic US lounges. Sadly it will be closed on September 14th though and won't be reopened until mid 2011.

More on this.

The actual lounge at it's location will be closed for good with the building (E) being demolished/recontructed.

A new Flagship lounge at concourse D will open in 2011.

eae Aug 10, 2010 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by serfty (Post 14459099)
A new Flagship lounge at concourse D will open in 2011.

Oh, I thought they where just closing for renovations. Hopefully that'll result in less of a hike in the future.

Thanks serfty!

englishoaks Aug 11, 2010 1:48 am

Originally Posted by eae (Post 14458217)

ah.. I'm going to transit mia to catch the 208 in mid sept, does anyone know what the interim lounge arrangements are?

Have used the AA lounge at mia previously and never had a great experience.. although, slightly OT, the last time I was there, the president of kenya plus military staff were also on the same cabin as me in F returning to Nairobi via LHR.. think it was the commonwealth summit in Trinidad that week.

nth_utsera_sth_utsera Aug 11, 2010 2:38 am

I experienced the cart en route from MIA to CUN. The driver even waited outside the smoking room while a had a quick cig before the flight. How's that for service?

PUCCI GALORE Aug 11, 2010 2:49 am

Originally Posted by BA Loyal (Post 14457705)
I was in the Flagship Lounge yesterday in Miami waiting for my AA flight to New York....

The "dragon" reluctantly let me in once I explained the OW rules to her...

What a great story. I think that she sounds as though she was more an Angel than a Dragon. Can we not have a rather more benign epithet for the Lounge guardians?

Andriyko Aug 11, 2010 3:35 am

It's a common occurence in the FL in MIA. We were offered to be taken to our D gates as well but declined (and of course it does not take 30 minutes - more like 10). The lounge is very very nice with the best staff^

MAH4546 Aug 11, 2010 3:57 am

The Flagship lounge does close September 14th, but when the new lounge opens in the spring, the new MIA Terraces lounge will open right next door.

LeisureFirst Aug 11, 2010 4:17 am

Originally Posted by BA Loyal (Post 14457705)
she took me in a cart all the way to my gate. ...

Never had such great service anywhere!

This is standard service for F pax on proper airlines - although often only at their home base.

A close friend who arrived the day before me this Christmas at BKK complained about the extremely long walk from the gate at the new airport. I was in the happy position of able to deny any knowledge of what it was like to have to walk from the gate. :D

(Of course, I would not have been so smug were it not for the fact that the friend concerned could easily afford to travel in F but chose not to.)

Gate to main terminal at MAD can be a pretty bad one and no buggies for anyone as far as I know.

dr benway Aug 11, 2010 6:10 am

Originally Posted by Lobengula (Post 14458129)
Average walking speed is 3 mph. So this gate was 1.5 miles from the lounge?

ime, if you are unlucky, some of the gates are a very, very long walk, down a long narrow concourse. probably/realistically about 15 mins.