Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

WT+ TATL with ET leg - how many tier points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2010, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL

I'm still new here, so this may be common knowledge, but I've searched for a while with no luck:

If I book OSL-LHR-IAD as WT+, it will assign me ET for the OSL-LHR leg, because there's no premium economy on short haul flights. But how many tier points do I get for that leg?

There seem to be three possible answers:

a) 5 TP, if the OSL-LHR leg is counted as reduced-fare.

b) 20 TP, if it's counted as full-fare economy.

c) 25 TP, which is what BA's calculator says if you feed it OSL and LHR and Premier Economy.

If I had to guess, I'd say option a), given the comparatively low price of the full itinerary. But then how in the world are you ever supposed to get the 25 TP shown by the calculator for OSL-LHR?
Old Jul 26, 2010, 12:44 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

The answer is B.

When using BA.com, you can check the selling class by clicking on the flight number during the stage of choosing your flights.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 1:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm still curious about the seemingly-impossible 25 tier points shown in the calculator, especially since that particular amount doesn't seem to exist anywhere else in the BA/oneworld system. I guess it's just a fluke resulting from the calculator letting you pick a flight/class combo that doesn't exist.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 2:20 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Is it a return flight - you could get 5 points one way and 20 the other for the ET segment.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by JonV
I'm still curious about the seemingly-impossible 25 tier points shown in the calculator ...
My suspicion:-

WT discount = 15 TP
WT full fare = 60 TP ie 4 x 15
WT+ any fare = 75 TP ie 5 x 15

ET discount = 5 TP
ET full fare = 20 TP ie 4 x 5
"ET+" any fare = 25 TP ie 5 x 5

Of course, "ET+" doesn't exist, but I wonder whether this is why the website returns what it returns? In an ideal world, it should come back with a raspberry when you ask it to calculate Premium Economy miles and TP on a short-haul route with no WT+.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by JonV
If I book OSL-LHR-IAD as WT+, it will assign me ET for the OSL-LHR leg, because there's no premium economy on short haul flights. But how many tier points do I get for that leg?

b) 20 TP, if it's counted as full-fare economy.

But then how in the world are you ever supposed to get the 25 TP shown by the calculator for OSL-LHR?
Just returned from OSL-LON-NYC return in Y+, and OSL-LHR gives 20 TP each way as it as booked in fare-buckets Y and U.

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Of course, "ET+" doesn't exist, but I wonder whether this is why the website returns what it returns? In an ideal world, it should come back with a raspberry when you ask it to calculate Premium Economy miles and TP on a short-haul route with no WT+.
Think this is an error - earlier (a month ago?) it was not possible to get miles/TP in the calculator for WT+ or First on Euro-routes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.