BA orders 24 787s to join fleet in 2012

Old Jul 19, 10, 3:58 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: FL350, seat 0k
Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
Posts: 3,544
BA orders 24 787s to join fleet in 2012

Not quite sure whether it is in addition to or just a repeat of the order made.

However, BA yesterday said it had ordered 24 787s to join the LH fleet from 2012
globalste is offline  
Old Jul 19, 10, 4:05 am
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Home: East Mids UK - Work (Base): Accra, Ghana.
Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Posts: 12,074
How have they got delivery slots for 2012? I thought there were loads of people waiting to get theirs delivered...?

Edit: No news on ESS about an additional order being placed, so I take it that these are referring to the original order placed in 2007.
BingBongBoy is offline  
Old Jul 19, 10, 4:09 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: FL350, seat 0k
Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
Posts: 3,544
not sure, read it on reuters
globalste is offline  
Old Jul 19, 10, 4:11 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,975
15 July 2010 Last updated at 18:33 GM
Boeing 787 Dreamliner delivery could be delayed again
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-10654676
Hannibal Lecter is offline  
Old Jul 19, 10, 4:37 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London
Posts: 2,310
An interesting article in the Daily Mail on the 787, apparantly 787's will revolutionise holidays because:

a) they have much greater legroom than any other aircraft (..erm isnt this airline dependent?)
b) they come with head-masseuses! (really!)
c) it has technology to make it almost impossible to get airsick (wow)
kryten22uk is offline  
Old Jul 19, 10, 4:43 am
  #6  
BOH
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK
Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Posts: 7,851
Originally Posted by kryten22uk View Post
An interesting article in the Daily Mail on the 787, apparantly 787's will revolutionise holidays because:

a) they have much greater legroom than any other aircraft (..erm isnt this airline dependent?)
b) they come with head-masseuses! (really!)
c) it has technology to make it almost impossible to get airsick (wow)
Sounds like typical Daily Mail reporting to me. Was it accompanied by a picture of a VC10 or 707 by any chance?
BOH is offline  
Old Jul 19, 10, 4:45 am
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: FL350, seat 0k
Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
Posts: 3,544
lmao,

when they were talking about the aborted takeoff at Joburg "BA in certain death terror on jumbo" , they showed a picture of a 737...
globalste is offline  
Old Jul 19, 10, 4:51 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Edinburgh UK
Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Posts: 9,372
Originally Posted by kryten22uk View Post
An interesting article in the Daily Mail on the 787, apparantly 787's will revolutionise holidays because:

a) they have much greater legroom than any other aircraft (..erm isnt this airline dependent?)
b) they come with head-masseuses! (really!)
c) it has technology to make it almost impossible to get airsick (wow)
Complete bolleaux of course.

This is about as likely as the A380 really going into service with Gyms and running tracks and shopping centres installed.

Thompson will shoehorn in as many seats with 28in pitch as they can.
edi-traveller is offline  
Old Jul 19, 10, 5:09 am
  #9  
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,959
Originally Posted by edi-traveller View Post
Complete bolleaux of course.

This is about as likely as the A380 really going into service with Gyms and running tracks and shopping centres installed.

Thompson will shoehorn in as many seats with 28in pitch as they can.
I thought that Thomson had 33 inch seats longhaul, with a 36 inch premium cabin.
FlyerTalker6245 is offline  
Old Jul 19, 10, 5:24 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cambs
Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, Scandic 3rd Floor, PC Pleb, FB Off White, Tufty Club
Posts: 2,836
Originally Posted by andset1191 View Post
I thought that Thomson had 33 inch seats longhaul, with a 36 inch premium cabin.
Indeed so: http://www.thomson.co.uk/editorial/p...3-legroom.html
FenLandK is offline  
Old Jul 19, 10, 5:45 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,293
This is old news, and just a reinforcement of the original order.
Thomson (Not Thompson !) will have some of the best legroom available in economy although with new premium air tax, they may follow TCX and withdraw their Premium offerings.
gw76 is offline  
Old Jul 19, 10, 9:54 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Quite close to NQY
Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Posts: 9,460
mind you i wouldnt be at all surprised to see a combined order for 773's and 787's anytime this week, i cant see ba operating such a small 773 subfleet as it will be after the current orders are delivered.

cs
cornishsimon is offline  
Old Jul 19, 10, 10:45 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: In a plane over Europe; I mean in the back of a plane over Europe !!!
Programs: HHonors, Scandic, Priority Club, Marriott, AF/KL FB, BAEC, AB TB, LH M&M
Posts: 860
Originally Posted by globalste View Post
Not quite sure whether it is in addition to or just a repeat of the order made.

However, BA yesterday said it had ordered 24 787s to join the LH fleet from 2012
LH as Lufthansa or as per short way of LHR ?

It should be great breaking news if BA had ordered 24 787s to join the LHR fleet in 2012
Volvic is offline  
Old Jul 19, 10, 10:56 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: MAN, ARN
Programs: BA Gold, BD *S, VS Gold, AFKL Petro Club
Posts: 584
Originally Posted by Volvic View Post
LH as Lufthansa or as per short way of LHR ?

It should be great breaking news if BA had ordered 24 787s to join the LHR fleet in 2012
LH as in longhaul.
Echo J is offline  
Old Jul 20, 10, 6:45 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: BOS
Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Posts: 6,656
Originally Posted by gw76 View Post
This is old news, and just a reinforcement of the original order.
Thomson (Not Thompson !) will have some of the best legroom available in economy although with new premium air tax, they may follow TCX and withdraw their Premium offerings.
That would be a shame, I've flown First Choice Premium and it was a significant step up from WT+
Cap'n Benj is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: