FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Adding past flights to new Executive Club account (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1104404-adding-past-flights-new-executive-club-account.html)

grubby23 Jul 11, 2010 4:24 pm

Adding past flights to new Executive Club account

Hi all,

Finally, I become a member of the BA Executive club. I remember that I flew also in december with BA an inner European flight and I am wondering if I can link this flight with the miles somehow to my account? The only thing that I have is the booking reference, is this enough?

Furthermore, I flew with AA airlines around 2 years ago, but I guess that is too long in the past to be considered any more, is that right?

Many thanks,
P

cornishsimon Jul 11, 2010 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by grubby23 (Post 14281721)
Hi all,

Finally, I become a member of the BA Executive club. I remember that I flew also in december with BA an inner European flight and I am wondering if I can link this flight with the miles somehow to my account? The only thing that I have is the booking reference, is this enough?

Furthermore, I flew with AA airlines around 2 years ago, but I guess that is too long in the past to be considered any more, is that right?

Many thanks,
P

as far as i am aware you can only go back 6 months from the date you join the executive club and 3 months if you are an existing member

you can find the link from your baec home page after you log in

CS

BA5E Jul 13, 2010 2:49 am

Originally Posted by cornishsimon (Post 14281757)
as far as i am aware you can only go back 6 months from the date you join the executive club and 3 months if you are an existing member

you can find the link from your baec home page after you log in

CS

Oh I thought it was 3 months from the date of joining BAEC and 6 months for existing. :confused:

kjhartt Jul 14, 2010 1:48 am

Hi,

This is from the EC terms and conditions on ba.com

"12.9. Mileage and Tier Points which are not tracked automatically at the time of travel may be credited later at British Airways' discretion. Members may claim Mileage and Tier Points after completion of their travel either online at ba.com or if required by submitting the retained segment of the boarding pass and passenger receipts provided that the Member was enrolled in the Executive Club at the time of travel and the claim is made, within 6 months of the date of travel or the relevant transaction. A new Member may claim Mileage and Tier Points for eligible British Airways flights taken up to 3 months prior to the commencement of their Membership."

Existing member - 6 months
New member - 3 months

It looks like you won't be able to claim for those flights :(

K