Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lgw-Tpa-Lgw October Prices

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2010, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue, Virgin Flying Club, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred, National Emerald, Dr. Oetker Speciale
Lgw-Tpa-Lgw October Prices

I've been getting awful pricing for Lgw-Tpa return 8th Oct to 22 Oct this year in CW and I've been trying for months.

It never seems to get below £2000 each, any ideas why?

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Tony.

Ps. I hasten to add that I've tried,
Mfu - No availability,
Full miles redemption - No availability,
Amex 241 - No availability
BA want £2000 each for two of us - historically this seems awfully dear.

Last edited by tony flynn; Jul 7, 2010 at 5:38 am Reason: More Detail
Old Jul 7, 2010, 5:37 am

Pretty sure there's a half-term school holiday around that time which would obviously skew pricing on Florida routes.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue, Virgin Flying Club, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred, National Emerald, Dr. Oetker Speciale
Thanks Robby but UK half term dates this year are from 25th October - I'm totally at a loss.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 5:55 am

Programs: BA Exec Club,Skywards,Hilton Honours,Mariott Rewards,SPG
Originally Posted by tony flynn
Thanks Robby but UK half term dates this year are from 25th October - I'm totally at a loss.
The Scottish school holidays are earlier in October.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 6:09 am
Original Poster

It seem you're right, I noticed that BA pulled the Thursday flight which was always full......... Bizarre
Old Jul 7, 2010, 6:13 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Scottish half-term is for two weeks starting Oct 11th.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Thanks Nobby, it will be interesting to see if any availability opens up between here and October.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 2:21 pm

It seem you're right, I noticed that BA pulled the Thursday flight which was always full......... Bizarre
Yield >> Load factor
Old Jul 7, 2010, 2:58 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Why would you want to go to Tampa (or anywhere in Florida/Caribbean) in October, at the height of the Hurricane season? This year is predicted to be a bad one for Hurricanes/Tropical storms in the Atlantic region.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

My wife rents a house for us every year somewhere on the gulf coast, this year it's Cape Coral.

We've done this for the past 10 years and have always been lucky with the weather, also, I would sooner argue with a hurricane than Mrs F.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 12:29 am

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
My wife rents a house for us every year somewhere on the gulf coast, this year it's Cape Coral.

We've done this for the past 10 years and have always been lucky with the weather, also, I would sooner argue with a hurricane than Mrs F.
Have a lovely hols; I've experienced Hurricanes a couple of times and they can be quite unpleasant. If you're on the west coast of Florida you should be relatively OK as it is historically protected from the worst winds, but boy can it rain if a storm is nearby.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.