Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Cancelling OUTBOUND due to lost baggage on INBOUND - help!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancelling OUTBOUND due to lost baggage on INBOUND - help!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2010, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by mwalsh
Here's a problem I have. Why does it have to come down to a call to "You First" to get appropriate responses to (and action on) your inquiry. Heaven forbid had you flown CW both ways and not been entitled to any use of "You First"! Thumbs down to the various other departments in this case (no pun intended).
My wife's case full of her new holiday clothes failed to make it on our LHR to BOS flight last night - we had transferred at LHR from an EI flight from DUB on the same BA booking. Our other bags arrived. We are travelling Club world and so do not have access to You First and so are relying on the (non-existant) info on the World tracer system. There have been 3 further flights from LHR to BOS today and so far no update that the bag has even been located in LHR and made it onto any of these flights..
Old Jul 1, 2010, 8:19 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by HIDDY
We live in a different world now though.

For years at the weekends I carried out my ablutions in a cold mountain burn without soap, shampoo and creams. Never done me any harm....

When I travel all I have in my toilet bag is a throwaway razor, a toothbrush and a Swiss army knife. ^

Please don't tell us what you do with it again!
Old Jul 1, 2010, 8:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by HilFly
Please don't tell us what you do with it again!
Very handy thing to have you know.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 11:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Krisflyer
Originally Posted by mobpd
My wife's case full of her new holiday clothes failed to make it on our LHR to BOS flight last night - we had transferred at LHR from an EI flight from DUB on the same BA booking. Our other bags arrived. We are travelling Club world and so do not have access to You First and so are relying on the (non-existant) info on the World tracer system. There have been 3 further flights from LHR to BOS today and so far no update that the bag has even been located in LHR and made it onto any of these flights..
Schoolboy error I think - travelling with more than one bag, always split your contents between each bag rather than a his and hers (or his/his, hers/hers as applicable) approach. At least now you would have half of your wifes new holiday clothes.

Make sure you split shoes carefully though
Old Jul 2, 2010, 4:07 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
Originally Posted by Mr B not Mr A nor Mr C
Make sure you split shoes carefully though
Ooh, the mental image that sprung up.

Left shoes in one case, right shoes in the other, him and her on holiday hopping around with only one shoe each.

bjorns

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.