Search

Lounge access in MBJ (Montego Bay)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2010, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/2MM
Lounge access in MBJ (Montego Bay)

Hi all,

To earn a hefty quantity of AA miles/points and take advantage of the nice sale now on, I'm planning to fly CW on the BA 2284/85 service between MBJ and LGW at the beginning of August.

Does anyone with personal knowledge of the airport have any insight into the availability of a lounge? The OW website doesn't list one, but the (outdated) airport website suggests there are three, with one available to AA fliers -- that was before the BA flights commenced -- so I wonder whether BA wouldn't have some agreement for their CW passangers...?

From a search here, this question was asked in January 2010, but was never directly and conclusively answered.

So... lounge or no lounge?

Also, anyone who's been on the flights with any comments as to meals, service, etc...?

Cheers,
Bill
Old Jun 28, 2010, 3:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue
Originally Posted by sombrachinesca
Hi all,

To earn a hefty quantity of AA miles/points and take advantage of the nice sale now on, I'm planning to fly CW on the BA 2284/85 service between MBJ and LGW at the beginning of August.

Does anyone with personal knowledge of the airport have any insight into the availability of a lounge? The OW website doesn't list one, but the (outdated) airport website suggests there are three, with one available to AA fliers -- that was before the BA flights commenced -- so I wonder whether BA wouldn't have some agreement for their CW passangers...?

From a search here, this question was asked in January 2010, but was never directly and conclusively answered.

So... lounge or no lounge?

Also, anyone who's been on the flights with any comments as to meals, service, etc...?

Cheers,
Bill
I was the OP on the thread mentioned. Having now been I can confirm there is no lounge.
Food and service was the standard CW offering.

Last edited by duncas; Jun 28, 2010 at 3:54 pm
Old Dec 4, 2010, 7:43 am

Programs: Aegean, BAEC GOLD, Cyprus Airways Premium, Thai
Am also flying this flight - 2285 - CW tomorrow. Does anyone know what door is used to board the plane to reduce traffic once sat? I have the option of row 1 and also 10 and can't decide!!
Old Dec 4, 2010, 8:39 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by MG4444
Am also flying this flight - 2285 - CW tomorrow. Does anyone know what door is used to board the plane to reduce traffic once sat? I have the option of row 1 and also 10 and can't decide!!
It will probably be Door 2- I often fly to the Caribbean and this has been the case every time. When we went to St.Lucia in August, we tried the smaller cabin and had seats 10ABD and 11AB. We really liked the smaller cabin and the service we received was fantastic! Our flight was very busy though and they did run out of one of the starter salad options by my seat (10A). We are going to Punta Cana next summer and are going to be choosing seats in the front cabin this time. Does OLCI show rows 1-5 or 1-4 in the front cabin? The cabin with rows 1-4 will be nicer but I could not imagine your flight being too busy so I would not worry. Let me know how you get on!
Old Dec 4, 2010, 9:59 am

Programs: BA Silver, Cathay Gold, HHonours Diamond, AMEX Platimum
I was in Montego Bay with BA flying CW earlier this year, there is no lounge

The facilities at the airport are adequate however if you are staying in the Montego Bay area its so close to the airport just stay in the resort longer, thats what we did. Although we had to sign a disclaimer at the hotel for leaving late so they were not responsible for makiing us miss our flight!
Old Dec 4, 2010, 11:34 am

Programs: Aegean, BAEC GOLD, Cyprus Airways Premium, Thai
Originally Posted by mikey2124
It will probably be Door 2- I often fly to the Caribbean and this has been the case every time. When we went to St.Lucia in August, we tried the smaller cabin and had seats 10ABD and 11AB. We really liked the smaller cabin and the service we received was fantastic! Our flight was very busy though and they did run out of one of the starter salad options by my seat (10A). We are going to Punta Cana next summer and are going to be choosing seats in the front cabin this time. Does OLCI show rows 1-5 or 1-4 in the front cabin? The cabin with rows 1-4 will be nicer but I could not imagine your flight being too busy so I would not worry. Let me know how you get on!
Thanks for your thoughts....I had a PM saying it was door 2 also, so pretty sure thats the one.

Ive been pondering all day which seat to choose, and given the Faithful Old Row 1 was available Ive chosen it for me and my partner. OLCI shows rows 1-5 in the first section (only window seats on row 5) and 10&11 in the second. Its a 3-class 777 I believe?

Whilst I think its would be a little more 'exclusive' in 10&11 given that there are only 2 rows in the cabin, when I travel LHR-BOM on a 777 in CW, the separation between CW and WT+ is merely a curtain. Its a 10hr+ flight and I fancy a little quiet as (for once!) this is a leisure trip. I would expect you would get a lot more noise from the other cabins in 10&11....And there is always the prestige of turning left when you walk onto the plane

After pondering all day (I had already chosen Row 1), I just went in and someone has put themselves in the middle in 10 anyway (I want the 2 middle seats as traveling with my partner) so, although I decided Row 1 anyway, in any event the decision would have been made for me!!!

With all the problems at Gatwick anyway (I was supposed to leave on Thursday) my agent confirmed there was not 1 seat left on the plane....Thanks to the exec card I was the last passenger booked and still managed to get row 1 by having ability to do seat choice well in advance - Just another nifty benefit!

I do wonder if BA might change the plane to a 747 to increase availability and help those passengers unable to travel on the cancelled flight earlier in the week - any thoughts anyone? If this is the case I will, of course, change to the upper deck to my favoured 62 or 64K seat - long-haul at its easiest in my opinion!

I shall make sure I check the plane again before breakfast....!
Old Dec 4, 2010, 12:47 pm

Zero % of a 747 operating this route.
The LGW crew are 737/A319/20/1 and 777 licensed only.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
It has been a long time since I travelled to MBJ, but when I did I had a drinks voucher to use in the bar in lieu of lounge access (as there is no lounge), is this no longer available?
Old Mar 9, 2011, 8:34 am

Programs: Ba Bronze, AMEX Plat, CX Gold, HH Gold
Hi, sorry to use an old thread, but thought it all tied in. Is there a dedicated CW check in at MBJ, just working out the latest I can get to the airport.

Mick
Old Aug 4, 2011, 2:26 pm

hi flying to mbj on the ba 2285 from lgw. Did anybody find out if there is a dedicated club checkin and also can we use the aa lounge as were in club and gold

thanks
Old Sep 15, 2011, 12:17 pm

Hi we flew from montego BA in club to lgw at the end of august. I can confirm there is a shared lounge provided free to club passengers. Nice with bar and some sandwiches, tv etc . Fast track security is also available with fast track immigration.

Their is also a Cw checkin desk as well

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.