Old Jun 8, 2010, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver
BA Premium Post-strike sale

It's official.........http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...rld-first-sale
Old Jun 8, 2010, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver
Why is no-one interested in this? After all the speculation its confirmed and noone wants to know
Old Jun 8, 2010, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
1) 13 minutes? Attention seek much?

2) The fares look decidedly uninspiring, frankly, especially after such a massive disruption. Nothing I can see to get excited about there.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 8:21 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Prices don't look too amazing, I agree. Plus the destinations listed don't really inspire me.... no US destinations?

Will await the full list and details I think.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 8:23 am

Programs: No longer bothered chasing FF status.
Any discount is a good discount in my book

I'm interested & look forward to exploring some options when the fares get loaded. In fact I'm off now to see if any are loaded in advance ^
Old Jun 8, 2010, 8:25 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Hope the full list will include Antigua.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I am not expecting a repeat of last year's magnificent GBP 990 CW returns from DOH to LHR.

I am expecting something like a much less inspiring GBP 1,700 or so return representing GBP 300 off the regular fare.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
What would perhaps be more interesting is an ex-EU premium sale...
Old Jun 8, 2010, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by G-BOAC
1) 13 minutes? Attention seek much?

2) The fares look decidedly uninspiring, frankly, especially after such a massive disruption. Nothing I can see to get excited about there.
They look particularly unimpressive when you consider that BA cannot guarantee a) to actually fly you to the destination or b) to provide the service it advertises until and unless the strike issue is resolved. WW says he thinks customers will book these fares with confidence regardless based on the experience of this latest strike. Erm, I'm not so sure, especially when you can guarantee that VS and other competitors on the key routes will move to match the fares asap.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 8:40 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
And with no labour resolution in sight--this is just a pre-strike sale in preparation for the next disruption. BA needs to concentrate on getting its house in order and offering a consistently high quality product every day--including during any strike action. Otherwise, why bother. You get a discount and find yourself getting a second class product and thus you are still overpaying for what you get.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by aristoph
They look particularly unimpressive when you consider that BA cannot guarantee a) to actually fly you to the destination or b) to provide the service it advertises until and unless the strike issue is resolved. WW says he thinks customers will book these fares with confidence regardless based on the experience of this latest strike. Erm, I'm not so sure, especially when you can guarantee that VS and other competitors on the key routes will move to match the fares asap.
From the main strike thread earlier today, I think it was Panic Stations who posted WW believes they'll be up to normal service if there's a further strike (no doubt they could run an even better-than-normal service with new crew if you factor in the time BASSA/Unite will likely take to ballot/contrive to cock it up somehow yet again/have the Court stop them/indulge in a few days of more tiresome whining in the press/redo the ballot to an ever-dwindling and increasingly less representative membership/order the bouncy castle and a job lot of samosas/issue the notice period/have comrade Holley and a couple of other die-hards finally head back to Bedfont). I am still happy to Back BA and if there are any hidden gems in the full sale, I won't hesitate to book them out of some fear of service issues/cancellations.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 9:14 am

I am still happy to Back BA and if there are any hidden gems in the full sale, I won't hesitate to book them out of some fear of service issues/cancellations.
Good for you. For my part I am off with LH in J on Thursday (short-haul only of course, no wedgie seats ) to collect my new car as I refused Mercedes' standard package of BA flights given it is the day after the strike ends and I actually want a nice time on board.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I am still happy to Back BA and if there are any hidden gems in the full sale, I won't hesitate to book them out of some fear of service issues/cancellations.
Me too.

If those GBP 990 fares from DOH to LHR and back come back (are you listening BA) I promise to book 2 if they are available on the dates I am thinking of.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 9:19 am

I didn't think there was any interest in BA sales here .

P.S. When is the next sale?
Old Jun 8, 2010, 9:27 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by SteveF
P.S. When is the next sale?
I hear that the unannounced sale will be after this unannounced sale.

Hope this helps

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.