Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Partner award stopover possibilities - Caribbean, Hawaii

Old May 16, 2010, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air: Many; Hotel: HH D, HY G, IHG P, MR S, RR

I apologize if this should be added to an existing thread. I searched pretty extensively and did not find any information that addressed my specific questions.

I am considering using BA miles on a OneWorld partner airline (single partner award) for the following possible trips:

1) Caribbean (AA)
2) Hawaii (AA)
3) South Asia (TBD)

I might combine 2 and 3 if I could use Hawaii as a stopover.

I was wondering if anyone has had success with getting BA to approve free stopovers in either or both of the following situations:

1) Travel covering two or more Caribbean islands. Given my understanding that AA routes all of their connecting Caribbean flights through either MIA or SJU, it does not appear likely that I could do a stopover anyplace other than these two airports, because I would have to go back through one of these airports to get to another island. Is this correct?

2) Stopover in Hawaii on route to Asia from US east coast (BWI, DCA, or IAD are my "home" airports). I'm not sure yet where in Asia I would like to go but wanted to see what (if any) destinations people had travelled to with stopovers in Hawaii (preferably through Kauai (LIH) or Maui (OGG) since I have already been to Oahu).

Thanks in advance for any feedback!
Old May 16, 2010, 12:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It is supposed to be by the most direct routing so option 1 will be only be possible if there are some inter island services flown by AA. Option 2....Does AA fly from mainland USA to the Far East via Hawaii? If they do then there shouldn't be a problem. If they don't then you can forget it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.