Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The lounge meet up master thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2011, 1:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SQ Silver
Originally Posted by BDAgirl
Happy to guest 1 person. I'll be there around 12.30pm.

I haven't had any takers for my previous LGW F lounge offers, so I'm not expecting a rush on this one!
A bump for this one if anyone is interested.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 1:59 pm

A bump for this one if anyone is interested.
You have private message.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 2:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SQ Silver
Originally Posted by evanderm
You have private message.
And you have a reply
Old Dec 12, 2011, 3:05 pm

And you have a reply
Thank you
Old Dec 13, 2011, 2:18 am

Programs: virgin flying club silver; ba avios blue; bmi blue
Smile Thursday am 15th LGW North Terminal

Hi everyone this is my first post here on FlyerTalk so please be gentle..

I am flying on BA2153 on Thursday the 15th December leaving at 12:25 from LGW North Terminal. I am in Economy once again for my sins and would very much like to experience the lounge.

I will be arriving at the airport around 9am i expect so if anyone would be so kind to guest me into the lounge that would be fabulous! Please drop me a PM if you can.

Thanks very much,
Chris
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:37 am

Welcome to FlyerTalk BarbadosChris

Can't help you out with lounge access but do wish you the best of luck and a pleasant (hopefully op-upped) flight
Old Dec 13, 2011, 7:52 am

Programs: Skywards Silver, Flying Blue Silver
My 40th!

The day after my 40th, 29th Dec, I'll be flying solo in J to LAX. I'll be in T5 from around 1130 for around 3 hours. Would anyone like to show me around the CCR or Flounge for an hour or so? Would be nice to take a peep!

Many thanks.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 10:30 am

17 December // LHR T5 galleries club

Will be at T5 GC around 1500 on the 17th. Happy to invite one along.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 11:04 am

T5 28 Dec

I'm going to be travelling LHR/T5 - FCO 28 Dec at 18:30 with mrs. angatol and son as GCH. I have never travelled with status before, but I know that I can't take more than one guest. I'd be happy to give up my lounge slot and let my wife and son go in, but I'm not sure if that is possible. Failing that might there be anyone who could guest my wife in on Dec 28 from 16:00 onwards in any lounge? My son is 11 and I've read that there is a cinema and maybe PS3s in various lounges, but I'm not sure which. If you were 11 where would you go?

Our outbound flight is Dec 23 at 20:25 from FCO but I realise that is likely to be a pretty barren lounge guesting shot!

When I will fly on my own I will of course offer guesting here. Cheers!

Last edited by angatol; Dec 14, 2011 at 5:56 am
Old Dec 13, 2011, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by angatol
]\I have never travelled with status before, but I know that I can't take more than one guest.
The following is purely anecdotal (and probably against the rules, so I'll be vague with details). My better half and I were traveling, as GCH, with my mother and two grandparents in tow. We left our three guests in the lobby area and approached the club lounge agent, who quickly reminded us that we were entitled to use the first lounge if we would like to do so. I politely thanked him, and asked if, rather than using the first lounge on this occasion, he would allow us instead to bring one additional guest into the club lounge. This was graciously agreed, and I was even thanked for asking and for being polite. Apparently other travelers feel entitled to additional guests and demand that they be allowed entry! The agent even made sure to remind us that there was champagne available on request should we want it.

Granted this was likely a one-off, and the ratio was 2 cards to 3 guests (rather than your 1 card to 2 guests), but the worst that could happen is that they say no and you spend your time browsing the shops and food offerings at T5 (or bring your wife in as your guest while you spend time in the terminal with your son).

Perhaps more interestingly, how did you bypass traveling as a silver and end up straight with gold??
Old Dec 14, 2011, 5:58 am

Thanks for the info, no harm in trying I guess.
Originally Posted by DaMadCroat
Perhaps more interestingly, how did you bypass traveling as a silver and end up straight with gold??
Er, well, I went from Blue at 40 TPs to gold in two return trips, FCO-YYZ and FCO-MEL, and I haven't flown since.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:18 am

Programs: NZ *Gold
T5 20 December 6.30 p.m.

Grown up daughter and I will be in Galleries Club (probably South) between about 6.30 p.m. and 8.30 p.m. on Tuesday 20 December. Say hello if you're around? As CX gold I would be able to offer one lounge invite.

And although it's a long shot as there are two of us, we would of course be delighted to be guested into the FLounge or CCR.

In either case please PM with details.

Last edited by RedVee; Dec 14, 2011 at 1:17 pm Reason: Updated on advice received from DaMadCroat
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Will be at T5 GF 19-12 from 08.30 onwards departing to MAD at 10.00. Happy to guest someone if they are around. Please PM me.

Lee
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:42 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Thursday 15 Dec T5 GF 1400-1600

I will be there tomorrow. PM me if you want an invite or to meet up.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by RedVee
And flying CW so should be able to guest one person each.
Just a heads up that CW doesn't entitle passengers to having a guest at the lounge. As a CX gold (OW sapphire) you can invite one guest, but your daughter would not be able to invite a guest unless she also has OW sapphire or emerald.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.