Proper Post Office in T5?

Old May 12, 2010, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Proper Post Office in T5?

I've been searching around for this info but no luck (I do see that they have them in 2&4). Or even a FedEx?

I have a 3 hr transit stay in T5 and would love to send off a birthday package to Sweden.

Many thanks for info.
Old May 12, 2010, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
I don't think there is... The only postal facilities I have ever found is the post box along the back wall of departures level, which is limited to letters/cards/post cards only...
Old May 12, 2010, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
http://www.heathrowairport.com/porta...0357e120a____/

Hours of Operation from Royal Mail Website:
Code:
Heathrow AirportTerminal Three
Terminal Three
London Heathrow Airport
Hounslow
Middlesex

TW6 1QG
 0.0 Miles  Opening hours 
Monday  09:00  17:30  
Tuesday  09:00  17:30  
Wednesday  09:00  17:30  
Thursday  09:00  17:30  
Friday  09:00  17:30  
Saturday  09:00  17:30  
Sunday  09:00  13:00

Last edited by jerry a. laska; May 12, 2010 at 11:07 am Reason: Add hours of operation
Old May 12, 2010, 10:32 am

Just beware that the last time I tried to use the airside post box at T5, it was blocked up - on purpose - so that you couldn't post any letters at all. No explanation given. Very strange. Wasn't long after T5 opened but it seemed odd to take away the facility even if it was just for a day or two....
Old May 13, 2010, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Thank you All for the info ~ I'm glad I asked!
Old May 13, 2010, 8:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by stujmac
Just beware that the last time I tried to use the airside post box at T5, it was blocked up - on purpose - so that you couldn't post any letters at all. No explanation given. Very strange. Wasn't long after T5 opened but it seemed odd to take away the facility even if it was just for a day or two....
Are you sure it was completely blocked? All the post boxes, whether at LHR or LGW, have slots which are wide enough just for a letter but not a small packet or parcel. This is for security reasons

Last time I was in T5 the post box looked blocked but it easily accepted a letter.
Old May 13, 2010, 11:27 am

Programs: TWA Aviators
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
Last time I was in T5 the post box looked blocked but it easily accepted a letter.
And it barely fits a Lovefilm DVD envelope. But it does slide in...
Old May 13, 2010, 12:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Originally Posted by Skiddie
And it barely fits a Lovefilm DVD envelope. But it does slide in...
Is this really the right forum for safe sex instructions?
DelTroon likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Sorry to bump this, but I need to know if there is a Royal Mail postbox airside in T5 - and if so, where.

The Heathrow plans of T5 (Version 29, 2016) include a symbol for a "Postbox" in the Table of Services shown on the pages showing Check-In (page 2) and Departures (Check-In Level) (page 3) but the symbol is not actually used anywhere on the map.

Help!!
Old Mar 15, 2016, 3:07 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes there is, it's right by the Boots / Plane Food area just by South Security, same level, so one above the main shopping mall. If you are looking for it, it's difficult to miss. It has a thin slit, and HMRC have the right to inspect the contents of any letters. The slit is just big enough for a Highlife magazine (to use a readily understood comparison), but not anything bigger or thicker.

For anyone else looking, there is also a postbox in Departures landside, by North Security.

EDIT: No longer correct. See photos below.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Mar 15, 2016 at 11:00 am
Old Mar 15, 2016, 3:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes there is, it's right by the Boots / Plane Food area just by South Security, same level, so one above the main shopping mall. If you are looking for it, it's difficult to miss. Collection is 17:15 hrs. It has a thin slit, and HMRC have the right to inspect the contents of any letters. The slit is just big enough for a Highlife magazine (to use a readily understood comparison), but not anything bigger or thicker.

For anyone else looking, there is also a postbox in Departures landside, by North Security.
It's moved!

At least it had moved in January when I needed to post an item. It is now downstairs near the stairs/lifts by the side of Harrods.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Thank you both!
Old Mar 15, 2016, 4:07 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, HHonors
If you have time and can go landside, there is a sub post office in Stanwell Moor (about 15 mins on bus route 441) or a post office in Staines, at the rear of WHSmith (about 15 mins on bus route 71).
Old Mar 15, 2016, 6:49 am

If you have a three hour layover, and your passport allows you to land, you could pass through immigration to the arrivals hall and take the "Heathrow Express" service to Terminal 3 free of charge.

From the departures check in concourse in Terminal Three, proceed upstairs one floor and you will see a small parade of shops - Boots, Cafe Nero etc with the Post Office nestled in between.

You can then return on the Heathrow Express to Terminal 5, proceeding upstairs to the Departures Level and entering the security queue to get back airside.

Please remember that you must be at the security point absolutely no later than 40 minutes before your flight time!

Old Mar 15, 2016, 10:59 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
It's moved!

At least it had moved in January when I needed to post an item. It is now downstairs near the stairs/lifts by the side of Harrods.
And possibly moved again! I had to hunt for it this time. It has currently taken roost by Gate 16 / Louis Vuitton, on the main departure floor, not too far from South Lounges:

And there are in fact 2 post boxes in Departures, very close to each other straddling zone E, you can just make out the second one in the distance looking towards South Security here.

And this is what the plate on it says:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.