Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is full name on booking required?

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2010, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat, UA Silver, Delta Silver
Is full name on booking required?

I just booked my first flight on BA to get to London for New Year's.

During the booking process it asked for "first name" and "last name" I simply inputted my first given name and last name. After the booking process was completed, on the manage my booking page it asks for advance passenger information in which I supplied all my given names on my passport (which includes my middle name).

This freaked me out a bit because I'm use to traveling on AA where it asks for your middle name and your entire name is put onto the ticket.

My question is should I have put all my given names in the "first name" box while booking? Will this create problems later on?

For example if my name is John William Henry Smith I simply just have "John Smith" on the booking and I supplied the rest in my advance passenger information.
Old May 4, 2010, 7:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I don't see why it should be a problem.

Last time I flew my full name wasn't on the ticket yet it was in the API.
Old May 5, 2010, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
As long as the first name and last name are correct and match the boarding pass and passport, it's fine.

I always travel with just my first and last names in my booking, whereas my passport has my middle name too.
Old May 5, 2010, 1:13 am

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
no problem at all, i've not used my middle names in a booking for a long time
Old May 5, 2010, 3:50 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Genius1
As long as the first name and last name are correct and match the boarding pass and passport, it's fine.

I always travel with just my first and last names in my booking, whereas my passport has my middle name too.
Same here. It shouldn't be a problem.

H

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.