Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Couldn't 'spend a penny' on BA

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2010, 1:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Couldn't 'spend a penny' on BA

Can't see this posted yet.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lets-fail.html
Old May 2, 2010, 2:19 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold, IHG Rewards Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, Tesco Clubcard
It must be another "quiet news day" ... or is it just the same old Daily Hate Mail taking yet another pop at BA?
Old May 2, 2010, 3:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Sh!t happens
Old May 2, 2010, 3:06 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
I am not very much pro-BA, but almost the same thing happened to me on an Alaska flight (operated with a Horizon CRJ aircraft) from SFO to PDX (flight time about 2 hours), when at the gate we were told that the only onboard toilet (aka 'restroom') is non-functional and we are invited to use the airport restroom NOW and if somone thinks he/she will not make it to PDX without using the aircraft toilet they can put this person on stand-by for another AS flight for free (I think it was just before the Labor Day weekend and all flights were full). At least BA would not send aircraft knowing that all toilets are non-functional
Old May 2, 2010, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
That's because you are our conduit to the Daily Hatemail
Old May 2, 2010, 3:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
That's because you are our conduit to the Daily Hatemail
I know - I just post links to their BA-related stories to wind up certain FT BAEC forum visitors; they rarely fail to disappoint. Looks like I've found a new one in CocktailLounge.

Why he/she is so upset with the Daily Mail over what, to my mind, is a legitimate news story is beyond me. Apart from the exaggerated length of the flight (12 hours?) what's there to criticise the newspaper about with their coverage (I like their reference to the 'exclusive' Club World cabin)?

Next thing people will be calling the newspaper 'bigoted'.
Old May 2, 2010, 5:29 am

Programs: BA GOLD, Tufty Club, Virgin Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, ICH Platinum Ambassador. MAS Gold
Originally Posted by CocktailLounge
It must be another "quiet news day" ... or is it just the same old Daily Hate Mail taking yet another pop at BA?
Not a quiet news day at all.

Just another example of BA's lack of care to it's passengers.

The status of the waste tanks should have been checked before departure.

They were not, so it's lack of care plain and simple.

Rather than a newspaper taking a pop all the passengers wanted to do was take a poop
Old May 2, 2010, 8:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It's all a wee bit exaggerated though isn't it.

However those responsible should get the **** kicked out of them.
Old May 2, 2010, 11:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold
It is possible the tanks might not have been dumped at LHR but I'm sure the crew would have spotted this, not exactly difficult to miss the gauge at door 4 left....

The 767 is quite prone to having the odd LAV problem. Normally "something" blocks the tank sensor which eventually closes down all the toilets attached to that tank. Passengers then need to use the remaining toilets which quickly fills the remaining tank. When that tank becomes full the rest of the toilets will then stop flushing...

Sounds very similar to the sequence of events reported in the press....
Old May 2, 2010, 12:05 pm

There was comment on another place about these gauges on the 767 sometimes being defective...
Old May 2, 2010, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA 3MM
it may be a bit exaggerated, as some of you have said, but take note of the flight times for those passengers continuing to GCM... it's about 8 hours to NAS, then normally about 75 minutes ground time... then another 90 minutes or so to GCM... and if you are going on to GCM you can't leave the aircraft... long time to cross the legs.. imagine if travelling with small children who "just have to go".. ugh
Old May 2, 2010, 2:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by TomCayman
it may be a bit exaggerated, as some of you have said, but take note of the flight times for those passengers continuing to GCM... it's about 8 hours to NAS, then normally about 75 minutes ground time... then another 90 minutes or so to GCM... and if you are going on to GCM you can't leave the aircraft... long time to cross the legs.. imagine if travelling with small children who "just have to go".. ugh
I imagine they either let passengers off at Nassau to use the loos while the plane was serviced, or found another flight to take them to the Cayman Islands. I can't imagine the aircraft continuing to another destination with a problem of that magnitude. The Mail won't print that bit though, as it could distract from the sensationalism of their piece.
Old May 2, 2010, 3:22 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by sammyh25
The 767 is quite prone to having the odd LAV problem. Normally "something" blocks the tank sensor which eventually closes down all the toilets attached to that tank. Passengers then need to use the remaining toilets which quickly fills the remaining tank. When that tank becomes full the rest of the toilets will then stop flushing...

Sounds very similar to the sequence of events reported in the press....
Maybe that 'something' was the Daily Mail?!
Old May 2, 2010, 8:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by TomCayman
Can't they empty the tanks during the 75 minutes ground time?
Old May 2, 2010, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA 3MM
Originally Posted by ung1
Can't they empty the tanks during the 75 minutes ground time?
At a push. According to a comment on Cayman News Service today, this has happened before and they did empty the tanks in NAS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.