Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2010, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA gold
Ah thanks for the clarification Roger. I had filled mine in and submitted, so was going from memory.

Originally Posted by Roger
BingBongBoy and Stez: the online application asks for:

So, it's your gross income (before tax) plus investments. I think it should include allowances and the like. Given that others' perks such as company cars and private health insurance are PAYE-taxable, they can be considered income. I'm not sure whether the notional value of ID90s should be included.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 1:49 pm

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
How does this work if I have a UK address for a non-UK based income?
Old Apr 16, 2010, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by Roger
BingBongBoy and Stez: the online application asks for:

So, it's your gross income (before tax) plus investments. I think it should include allowances and the like. Given that others' perks such as company cars and private health insurance are PAYE-taxable, they can be considered income. I'm not sure whether the notional value of ID90s should be included.
Thanks for the info... Would still be telling a fib though...!

Good luck to all who can get it!
Old Apr 16, 2010, 2:18 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR
Originally Posted by patgarrett
How does this work if I have a UK address for a non-UK based income?
My BA AMEX application went through without a problem with a CH employer/income and a UK home address.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 2:39 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
I'm already an existing Amex Plat Charge card holder and got the following message on applying online:

Thank you for applying for the Gold Card. We do try to give everyone an instant decision on their application, but it's not always possible. Unfortunately we are unable to give you a final decision today.

We just need to do a few extra checks before your application can be processed and we will let you know the final decision within the next 10 working days.

If you have any questions please call our new accounts team on 0800 587 3724 and quote reference number:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

American Express New Accounts representatives are available to answer your application questions from 8 am to 8 pm Monday through Friday.

Thank you for your patience.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 2:44 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
The system couldn't autoscore you or needs an override - call on Monday /Tuesday to check up - I'm certain they won't reject you due to already holding the Plat -they might wonder what you are up to !

Originally Posted by Savage25
I'm already an existing Amex Plat Charge card holder and got the following message on applying online:

Thank you for applying for the Gold Card. We do try to give everyone an instant decision on their application, but it's not always possible. Unfortunately we are unable to give you a final decision today.

We just need to do a few extra checks before your application can be processed and we will let you know the final decision within the next 10 working days.

If you have any questions please call our new accounts team on 0800 587 3724 and quote reference number:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

American Express New Accounts representatives are available to answer your application questions from 8 am to 8 pm Monday through Friday.

Old Apr 16, 2010, 2:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Must I first join Quidco and if so how do I do this?
Old Apr 16, 2010, 2:45 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by botham
Must I first join Quidco and if so how do I do this?
No but you wont get the cashback that is quoted here

Quidco is easy -just login and create an account - then search for Amex
Old Apr 16, 2010, 3:06 pm

I just got the same message. Fingers crossed I get accepted
Old Apr 16, 2010, 3:06 pm

Programs: PC RA, Hertz PC, (Flybe) Premier card, Tesco Platinum
Thanks Roger/ Raffles. Just been accepted and already hold AMEX Plat chargecard (plus other Visas, Mastercards etc.).

Just a question of what to do with the MR points now - should I await another double-up offer on (say) BD ?
Old Apr 16, 2010, 3:12 pm

I also got the same just now - I'll see if the Quidco tracks over the weekend and then call them, I might have to get them to cancel the application and then reapply to get the Quidco to track - I just hope they did an autoscore off their file before the referal and didn't pull a credit score or my next application will probably go to referal again

Old Apr 16, 2010, 3:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Marriott Gold; Accor Platinum
same delayed decision response for me - have BA Amex too!
Old Apr 16, 2010, 3:32 pm

Does applying for credit cards that you dont need (and end up cancelling after a month or two) harm your credit rating? I'd give this a go, but not keen on damaging my status.

Interesting that the amount of hotel points compared to airline points is quite poor. Still tempted to use it for 40k Hilton though, as they're my pet scheme currently.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 6:19 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by kryten22uk
Does applying for credit cards that you dont need (and end up cancelling after a month or two) harm your credit rating? I'd give this a go, but not keen on damaging my status.
Not sure about the UK rating system, but in the US it could indeed harm your credit rating. Closing a credit card is actually worse than just leaving it open and not use it....

Now in the UK I've opened & closed credit cards a few times over the past years, but I can't tell how it has affected my credit rating as I've not applied for loans or mortgages recently.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 11:54 pm
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by seville
same delayed decision response for me - have BA Amex too!
Me too ..... I wonder whether their automated system throws up a query if a Plat customer paying the fee or BA Amex customer asks for one of these as well?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.