Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2010, 11:15 am

Programs: BA bronze
Same here. Looks like the first year bonus points stopped posting from the 22nd September.

I've sent a secure message.

B
Old Sep 30, 2010, 12:25 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club,Skywards,Hilton Honours,Mariott Rewards,SPG
No response to secure email yet, but I checked my Amex account tonight and noticed another peculiarity. Three supermarket transactions have all hit the MR account today, one of which did post with the bonus miles and the subsequent two did not.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 12:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Another fine cock up by American Express by the looks of it!!
What an utter load of rubbish the whole thing has been
cs
Old Sep 30, 2010, 3:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by cornishsimon
Another fine cock up by American Express by the looks of it!!
What an utter load of rubbish the whole thing has been
cs
I have to agree.

When it works it's great but the problem is it just doesn't do so consistently without almost daily overseeing and intervention by the cardholder. I don't see myself renewing next year - it's all too much like hard work.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 6:58 am

Programs: BA Exec Club,Skywards,Hilton Honours,Mariott Rewards,SPG
I got a response today as below, not very satisfactory. Especially when the claim it happens very rarely.

Dear Stevie-d,

Thank you for your email regarding your recent transactions at Morrisons and Tesco petrol stations that did not receive double Membership Rewards points.

I am sorry to learn that you did not receive your correct bonus points for these transactions, and I apologise for any concern or confusion that this may have caused. I have sent a case through to our Membership rewards back office team to manually credit these points, so they will be showing on your account within the next 7-10 working days. Unfortunately this is an issue that happens very rearely when a Merchant is incorrectly registered in our systems, so the transactions does not get flagged up as a petrol transaction which is eligible for the double points.

For this reason, although we do take every care to credit you the correct number of points, I would advise that you also monitor your account as you are doing to ensure there are no further issues.

To further boost your Membership Rewards points balance, you may also be interested in the following offer. The American Express® Top Treats site is now online and shows you the best places in town to eat out. Some restaurants even give you extras just for booking via their site - like a free glass of wine for instance.

Simply visit www.amextoptreats.co.uk.

When you book via this fantastic new website you will not only find a great deal but also earn double reward points / miles. This offer is running right up until the 31st of December and more details are available at the web-site quoted above.

I hope that this has fully answered your query. Should you require further information or assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 1:25 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, BA Silver, FB Explorer
My double points also seemed to stop after 22nd September. This card is definitely being cancelled early next year. Thought it was just me till I checked this thread. Should have known better.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
No Waitrose doubling since 24th Sep, but Heathrow Express still doubled fine. Very odd.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 6:30 am

Programs: HH Gold
Had a £10 off £60 spend at morrisons voucher come through a few days ago, anyone else get it?
Old Oct 2, 2010, 7:18 am

Question Amex Gold and Quidco

Hi

after seeing this thread I registered myself and my husband with Quidco and clinked through to the Amex link. We got the cards no problem a couple of weeks ago but when I checked on Quidco to see if they have tracked (appreciate it can take time for the money to come through) there's nothing showing. Website message says you can't send a tracker query email as they don't have a record ofme clicking through to any links?

I notice in the original message there had been a problem with tracking that was resolved. Is this the same issue or are we out of luck getting the cash back through? Don't want us to miss out on £120 cash back.

Any help would be appreciated?

thanks
Old Oct 2, 2010, 7:36 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by jinglejungle
Had a £10 off £60 spend at morrisons voucher come through a few days ago, anyone else get it?
Yes. It's also on the Amex website, you can print off and use as many as you like
Old Oct 2, 2010, 7:43 am

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by louie-m
Yes. It's also on the Amex website, you can print off and use as many as you like
And just to be clear, it is on the 'Amex Network' website (www.amexnetwork.co.uk), so amex cards issued by other people, e.g. MBNA (bmi, Virgin, M&M UK, ...) and other banks etc, should be fine for the offer too!
Old Oct 2, 2010, 11:16 am

Programs: HH Gold
Originally Posted by David-A
And just to be clear, it is on the 'Amex Network' website (www.amexnetwork.co.uk), so amex cards issued by other people, e.g. MBNA (bmi, Virgin, M&M UK, ...) and other banks etc, should be fine for the offer too!
Never seen that site before thank you!, the printed voucher has the cheek to say do not photocopy, bit stupid really.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 5:21 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by jinglejungle
I received the voucher and used it in Tesco. It only went through as £1 and had to corrected at customer services. There is currently 25% of all wines that you could use the voucher for.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by flyoff
I received the voucher and used it in Tesco. It only went through as £1 and had to corrected at customer services.
Interesting. I thought they had stopped accepting competitors' coupons, so it appears not.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 9:55 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
In the mailing for the £10 off £60 at Morrisons I also got an ad for double MR points at Morrisons until Xmas (I think). Does this mean 3x in Morrisons and 4x if you buy Morrisons petrol?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.