Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2010, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by adl73x
BMI (BD) Diamond Club miles. [OT} so not surprising they're not in the glossary.

But good value while they last, nonetheless.
Thanks!
Old Sep 28, 2010, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by kitbag1984
What are BD points? I cant see them in the glossary section?

Thanks
Sorry for that, BD is the international airline code for BMI, which can be confusing
Old Sep 28, 2010, 2:18 am

Where is the glossary section?? Is there somewhere where people from the uk can get info on the best deals etc as alot of what I can see applies to the US?
Old Sep 29, 2010, 2:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I received my £60 cashback from Quidco yesterday
I didn't apply to July 4th, so hopefully I was one of the last people waiting!

Now there is just the small matter of those 20,000 points...
Old Sep 29, 2010, 12:46 pm

Programs: NZ *Gold
Originally Posted by britbronco22
I received my £60 cashback from Quidco yesterday
I didn't apply to July 4th, so hopefully I was one of the last people waiting!
Unfortunately no. Applied 12 May, had to chase to get validated (19 July). I then waited 2 months as the website says payment is "fair" at an average of two months. Emailed customer support and reply was - can take up to 120 days

So I suspect many others are still waiting But good to know some are going through. I suspect by the time you applied they had worked out most of the issues that caused problems earlier.

Regards
R3dV
Old Sep 29, 2010, 12:56 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Likewise, still waiting.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 1:55 pm

Programs: BA Blue, HH Diamond
Still waiting here as well. Applied on 17th May 2010, after chasing was emailed to say it had been "approved for payment" on 23rd July 2010. But thats as far as I've got
Old Sep 29, 2010, 7:09 pm

Programs: BA gold
Applied on 23rd April...

£60.00 from American Express Preferred Rewards Gold Card received on 6 Sep 10 ^

Only just got my MR bonus points now after chasing Amex up. ^

What a drawn out process this has become... like pulling out teeth.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 5:05 am

Strangely my most recent transactions(where i have earned double miles in the past) all seem to be showing single base points only. Anybody else having this problem?

Also... purchased some top-up points with this card(through points intl), hoping that it will either show as a travel or an intl. purchase to earn me double points.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by pazza2000
Strangely my most recent transactions(where i have earned double miles in the past) all seem to be showing single base points only. Anybody else having this problem?
Yes, form transactions since 18th Sept. These are at Tesco & Sainsburys, including petrol (which was tripple in the past).

Ariva Trains has doubled up though within the same period.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 5:22 am

Programs: BA Exec Club,Skywards,Hilton Honours,Mariott Rewards,SPG
Originally Posted by trickster
Yes, form transactions since 18th Sept. These are at Tesco & Sainsburys, including petrol (which was tripple in the past).
I've got the exact same problems and sent a secure email last night chasing this up.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 5:26 am

Programs: NZ *Gold
Originally Posted by stevie-d
I've got the exact same problems and sent a secure email last night chasing this up.
Me too! Please let us know the response you get. I don't want to chase if this is a recognised system wide glitch they are aware of.

Thanks
R3DV
Old Sep 30, 2010, 5:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Snap!
Old Sep 30, 2010, 5:39 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Also... purchased some top-up points with this card(through points intl), hoping that it will either show as a travel or an intl. purchase to earn me double points.
I thought I'd read somewhere that they didn't get double points (so I used my SPG card), but I'd like to hear how this pans out....

Originally Posted by trickster
I've had purchases from BA, Waitrose, Sainsburys and Shell post since 18 September with no problems, so it doesn't look as though it is a system-wide problem

I've sent two secure messages, one last Thursday and a chaser on Monday, with a simple query and had no response so far, so I'd be interested to hear when/whether you get a response.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 6:42 am

Programs: BA Blue, Amex pp
I sent a secure message a couple of days ago about missing bonus points on tesco and they said technical problems and points would be be applied manually.

Here we go again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.