Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2010, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by E14 26C
I'll have to see what the DOCKLANDS LIGHT RAILWAY, LONDON spend is defined as - but it doesn't attract double points either
I wonder how flexible they are?

Do you think if you were to contact them, they would apply the bonus miles afterwards? Or are they strict by the transaction code?

FYI: Topping your oyster card up at T5 earns doube points. TFL machine although it shows as a HEX transaction.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 4:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat OZ Diamond SK Diamond BA Blue
I've now received the missing bonus points from Holiday Inn stays!

Just in time to determine which card gets flashed on checkout tormorrow
Old Jun 23, 2010, 11:38 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HHonors Gold, Club Accorhotels Silver
Following a second chasing email last week, my 20000 bonus points posted this morning ^^

Also have been credited with some extra points I chased for the travel bonus last week, including stays at a Sofitel and Park Inn Heathrow, an internet Novotel booking, and an Oyster card topup.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 12:39 am

Programs: WestJet Dollars, BAEC, Aeroplan, AirMiles, IHG, BW and others
Bonus Points have appeared overnight, so I've just sent my BA account 23000
Old Jun 24, 2010, 4:44 am

So I went ahead and activated my credti card and the fee is £95 however, my account is saying that my payment of the £95 was due on the 15th June! I only activated the card today, does this mean that my £500 spend date started back when the card was issued as I assume the fee was applied then
Old Jun 24, 2010, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
For safety you should assume this, yes. And the £95 does not count towards the £500.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 11:53 am

Gripe x 2

1) Triggered the £500 threshold in the first couple of weeks and as of yet no bonus 20k. Sent 2 messages to them chasing them up: first reply stated they would be added within in a month. A month had since passed and i this week sent another message asking where are they? Latest reply now states theey will be added on my next statement date(mid July).

2) Like many others, my quidco cashback has not tracked and is still 'pending' for investigation. However plastered all over the quidco homepage is promo for their exclusive offer with this card(£95 less £60cashback). I wonder why it is taking them so long to authorise the cashback for those who applied in April however they obviosuly have a close relationship with AMEX? As mentioned before, i never received my cashback from my BA PP+, so i am most definetly wary and determined to get it this time round.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 1:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Gold
eek!!!

ok, after sending a couple of emails chasing up missing points, a shiny new gold card plopped through the door this morning. New account number matches the online number (didn't notice they'd changed it!) and the next step is obviously to activate the new card. However, I have flights and hotel reservations already booked with the old card/acct number. Will the new card work when I swipe it at the check in desk to get boarding cards etc...or do I need to hang onto the old card? Using the new card surely won't stop the old card working will it?
Old Jun 24, 2010, 2:15 pm

Programs: BAEC
Not 100% with Amex but I've had a similar issue with a Mastercard that I'd booked parking that required me to card swipe. I was advised to keep hold of the original for that purpose and I did need to use it.

Probably best to play it safe and keep hold.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 2:20 pm

Programs: BD (in memoriam), BA
Originally Posted by FraseMath
Will the new card work when I swipe it at the check in desk to get boarding cards etc...or do I need to hang onto the old card? Using the new card surely won't stop the old card working will it?
I expect once you activate the new card, Amex will stop authorising charges on the old card. However, if your airline wants to see the card used for booking, it needs to see the exact matching card number - it doesn't charge the card at all, so it doesn't mind that it's cancelled. It just wants to see the physical card as a security check. So I'd hang on to the old card until you've taken the flights you booked on it.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 2:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Gold
thanks for the advice!
Old Jun 24, 2010, 3:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by pazza2000
1) Triggered the £500 threshold in the first couple of weeks and as of yet no bonus 20k. Sent 2 messages to them chasing them up: first reply stated they would be added within in a month. A month had since passed and i this week sent another message asking where are they? Latest reply now states theey will be added on my next statement date(mid July).

2) Like many others, my quidco cashback has not tracked and is still 'pending' for investigation. However plastered all over the quidco homepage is promo for their exclusive offer with this card(£95 less £60cashback). I wonder why it is taking them so long to authorise the cashback for those who applied in April however they obviosuly have a close relationship with AMEX? As mentioned before, i never received my cashback from my BA PP+, so i am most definetly wary and determined to get it this time round.
Same with me. The first email said a month, the latest today says August statement at the earliest. What are they playing at?

Ditto with Quidco. Still 'pending' after a month or more.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 3:33 pm

Programs: BA Blue
My Quidco didn't originally track so I submitted an earnings enquiry in late May (I think, or maybe early June). And to my surprise it tracked on 11 June, which seems a lot quicker than most. So I now have my 60 squid.

Hope this offers some encouragement for those still waiting.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by Teefaf
My Quidco didn't originally track so I submitted an earnings enquiry in late May (I think, or maybe early June). And to my surprise it tracked on 11 June, which seems a lot quicker than most. So I now have my 60 squid.

Hope this offers some encouragement for those still waiting.
What... well why is mine still in limbo then. Happy for you though^
Old Jun 24, 2010, 3:39 pm

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by pazza2000
What... well why is mine still in limbo then. Happy for you though^
Yeah, sorry about that. My first time using Quidco too, and I only remembered to check because I saw your post above. Been meaning to check for a while... was a nice surprise to see it had come through.

I wouldn't worry too much about it... if mine tracked I'm sure others will too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.