Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Old May 29, 2010, 7:57 am

Programs: M&M SEN, BA
Same here. No MR balance anymore today.
Here is to hope that they'll credit the 20k... finally...
Old May 29, 2010, 1:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by romster
Same here. No MR balance anymore today.
Here is to hope that they'll credit the 20k... finally...
Same but it's been like this for 24h+.
Old May 29, 2010, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Access to German AMEX MR points is also broken.
Old May 29, 2010, 3:27 pm

£500 now spent. Has the 20k bonus been posting automatically or do i have to chase it up with a PM?

Also... if anybody is thinking about getting an MR supplementary card then i would ward against it. Not an easy process at all, as opposed to applying for supp cards on the PP+.
Old May 30, 2010, 2:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by pazza2000
£500 now spent. Has the 20k bonus been posting automatically or do i have to chase it up with a PM?

Also... if anybody is thinking about getting an MR supplementary card then i would ward against it. Not an easy process at all, as opposed to applying for supp cards on the PP+.
Mine posted automatically, although it was about a month after I actually triggered the £500 spend level.
Old May 30, 2010, 12:58 pm

Programs: BAEC
Rewards/Miles are back up.

Still not got my 20k yet though.
Old May 30, 2010, 1:06 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by weirdfish

Yep, I can see MR points as well but still no double points.
Old May 30, 2010, 1:19 pm

Just checked and my quidco is still pending investigation. Everybody else the same? Also, my MR access is down. What with the difficulty faced with applying for a supp card also.... dissapointing experience over all with this card compared to the PP+
Old May 30, 2010, 2:24 pm

I get the impression that this is a classic case of the marketing department pulling the trigger before the backend work has been finished.

I'll be making a complaint and shall either ask for my annual fee back or some other kind of compensation (points might do the trick!).

They sent me out the original card (which I wouldn't have known was the wrong one for a long time if it hadn't been for these forums), so I sent them a PM and they said it would be fixed, no mention of replacing the card.

I left the UK for a business trip to the USA. A few days into my trip and the old card stopped working. Again, thanks to this forum I checked my account online and the card number had changed. So I assume that there's a new card waiting for me when I get home (still a few more weeks yet). In the meantime, I've had to put much of my travel expenses on other cards, missing out on the benefits of this card - which I've paid £95 for.

Everyone should complain. You've paid for a product that's supposed to give you a level of service for 12 months. At the moment, it looks like most of us haven't received the service we signed up for and have had to waste our own time contacting Amex to correct their errors (I haven't heard anyone mention Amex contacting them).
Old May 30, 2010, 3:44 pm

I wouldn't complain just yet.....

1) Because the issues are still on going and you could have more reason to complain in the future. I would wait and see how it pans out.

2) As was the case with a small issue i encountered with my PP+, AMEX took reponsibility without complaint and gifted me with 1k BA miles
Old May 30, 2010, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by Bloomsbury
I get the impression that this is a classic case of the marketing department pulling the trigger before the backend work has been finished.
That never happens, surely
Old May 30, 2010, 4:52 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, A|Club, Tesco CC, Costa Coffee Club
Originally Posted by weirdfish

+1
Old May 30, 2010, 11:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by larryflyer
+1
+ another.

They appear to have no such problems sending balance and payment reminders, which is about the only thing that works properly with my account.

I intend to advise them that I will continue to pay my balance less the £95 fee until I start to receive the benefits they promised before I paid it.
Old May 31, 2010, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by Blueboys999

I intend to advise them that I will continue to pay my balance less the £95 fee until I start to receive the benefits they promised before I paid it.
Good idea, however with a charge card the balance is required sharply and in full. You do not want to run the risk of this card being cancelled, unless you genuinelly are dis pleased enough to forefeit the bonus.
Old May 31, 2010, 2:54 am

Just to let you know, I emailed a complaint about the double miles not posting and the fact I had been assured they would on two different phone calls and got an apology and 2000 MR points. Still not got the double miles/20,000 bonus though!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.