Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Old May 24, 2010, 3:46 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by mad_rich
Thanks larryflyer

Anyone else get triple MRs at Tesco petrol stations, or is this a freak result?

I got a rogue transaction that had 3x MR but it was a Tesco grocery shop not fuel.
Old May 24, 2010, 11:25 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HHonors Gold, Club Accorhotels Silver
My experience since the bonus points started being added automatically:

First year welcome bonus:

Waitrose
Tesco online groceries

Travel bonus
First Great Western train tickets

Outbound Spend bonus
All spend in the USA

No bonus
M&S Simply Food (railway station store)
Old May 25, 2010, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by hingethunder
No bonus
M&S Simply Food (railway station store)
These outlets are operated by Select Service Partner, so they probably have the wrong merchant code.
Old May 25, 2010, 6:17 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat
more for the list of double miles merchants...

I'd like to get together a list of merchants which count for double MRs - particularly given the myriad ways there are to buy tickets these days. Am happy to collate if people wish to report their successes and failures in this thread.
and here's mine - over and above Sainsburys and Morrisons:

Travel Bonus

Trailfinders (no cc fee either)
East Coast (train tickets)
Old May 25, 2010, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Outbound Spend bonus
All spend in the USA
Assuming you had a hotel or car hire in the US, I don't suppose you got triple points for those transactions?!
Old May 25, 2010, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
Assuming you had a hotel or car hire in the US, I don't suppose you got triple points for those transactions?!
My hotel was pre-paid on my BA Amex card, and no car hire - I used the Gold Card to settle the bill for a few incidentals at the hotel, this just got the outbound spend bonus.

I paid for a hotel in Spain last week on the Gold card, still waiting for the MR points on that one to appear.
Old May 25, 2010, 8:55 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, BA Silver, FB Explorer
Travel bonus also on East Midlands Trains.

Like others, I've had to get the Hilton extra points manually added.
Old May 25, 2010, 9:17 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
My first statment had only the card fee of 95 quid, and a MR balance of 0.

I have now spent almost 1k on travel and other spend on the card, but my MR balance still shows as 0. i.e. not even the actual spend MR has been credited. Will the MR balance update only when the next statment is generated or should it happen as and when spend takes place?

Is a call to Amex in order....?
Old May 25, 2010, 9:33 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by AJLondon
My first statment had only the card fee of 95 quid, and a MR balance of 0.

I have now spent almost 1k on travel and other spend on the card, but my MR balance still shows as 0. i.e. not even the actual spend MR has been credited. Will the MR balance update only when the next statment is generated or should it happen as and when spend takes place?

Is a call to Amex in order....?
Hi AJ,

You can always use the secure message center - then at least you have everything confirmed.
Old May 25, 2010, 9:36 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred Plus, Amex Plat
My MRs are crediting within 24-48 hours after the transaction appears on my online account (which is 24-48 hours after the transaction itself). I haven't had to wait for a statement to be produced.
Old May 25, 2010, 9:58 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by uk1
Hi AJ,

You can always use the secure message center - then at least you have everything confirmed.
Great advice! Thanks. ^
My MRs are crediting within 24-48 hours after the transaction appears on my online account (which is 24-48 hours after the transaction itself). I haven't had to wait for a statement to be produced.
Good to know. Given that the transactions only credited overnight, I'll give it another 48 hours before getting my boxers in a twist!
Old May 25, 2010, 11:35 pm

I paid for a hotel in Spain last week on the Gold card, still waiting for the MR points on that one to appear.
These points have now appeared: double points on all spend in Spain, including double (not triple) points for the hotel bill.

I only got single points for my bill at the Park Inn at Heathrow so will need to chase that manually. (In fact the Park Inn is not so much a hotel, more the fifth circle of hell, so perhaps Amex is aware of that!)
Old May 26, 2010, 12:14 am
k3v

Ive just checked my account and my last two purchases of tesco fuel have given me tripple points. ^
Old May 26, 2010, 1:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by k3v
Ive just checked my account and my last two purchases of tesco fuel have given me tripple points. ^
I'd be happy to get any multiple on anything. Still waiting for any points from my April spend, multiples on eligible purchases and the 20,000 bonus.

The only thing that works efficiently is the timing of reminders on what I owe each month.

Last edited by Blueboys999; May 27, 2010 at 1:47 am
Old May 26, 2010, 1:46 am
k3v

I'd give them a call again, i had to call quite a few times. I have only just got my introductory 20k, it seems that all the spend in the early days did not count against the £500 to trigger the bonus. They still havent back dated all my MR points properly but i cant be bothered to chase them as all seems to be working correctly now.

Last edited by k3v; May 26, 2010 at 3:02 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.