Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2010, 2:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
After raising the issue of the missing points last week, all my reward points vanished on Monday. They're all back now, with the first ones showing the correct bonus points, either as

"First year welcome bonus"

or

"Outbound spend bonus" for non-uk spend.

The card still shows as Gold Card in the account page, but I'm happy my 20,000 points will trigger now, and I think the more recent grocery shops at Tesco will get the bonus points a couple of days later as expected.
Old May 13, 2010, 1:24 am

I appear to be getting double MR points on all of my purchases. Restaurant/Local shop/Local Petrol Station... Not complaining!!

Time to chase quidco yet
Old May 13, 2010, 1:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Time to chase quidco yet
Not long! Four more days to go I think. I haven't received double MRs for anything yet but I've fired off an e-mail and received a vaguely encouraging response so we'll see.
Old May 13, 2010, 2:01 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonors Gold, Club Accorhotels Silver
I've started getting double MR points for qualifying spend automatically. Still missing some points for the period before this was sorted, and not got the 20000 bonus points despite having spent over £500. Will chase again next week.
Old May 13, 2010, 6:20 am

Programs: BAEC
My MR's are all over the place. I've got 3x on one purchase, basically i got base points plus 2x bonus points. Oh well
Old May 13, 2010, 7:50 am

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
no double points for me on a flight booking I made with the gold card. Have used the secure messaging service to ask about it.
Old May 13, 2010, 8:06 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
I haven't got any MR points yet. Phoned to query it but was told that they wouldn't credit for another month. Tried a second time and just told that the query has already been done. Not sure what is happening. Has anyone's Quidco tracked?
Old May 13, 2010, 1:06 pm

Am on the phone to Amex now walking the guy through their site to see the 20,000 offer as neither he nor his supervisor know about it! This is customer service not sales so I suspect they don't have the right info - very odd.
Old May 13, 2010, 1:32 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Just called Amex as my MR points weren't coming through either. CS said the card had been set up as a normal gold card and I wasn't the first to have this issue, she needed to raise an individual case to get fixed but said it wouldn't be an issue. I would double check if you've got the card, seems to be a common issue. No quidco either yet, next on the list
Old May 13, 2010, 2:50 pm
uk1
Suspended

I'm completely confused.

I sent them a secure message and they said they'd get back to me. I've noticed by chance that the account number has changed on the on-line account and no longer matches my card.

Anyone else have a similar situation?

I bet this means a challenge with the quidco ..............
Old May 13, 2010, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by uk1
I'm completely confused.

I sent them a secure message and they said they'd get back to me. I've noticed by chance that the account number has changed on the on-line account and no longer matches my card.
Same for me and I have a flight tomorrow morning that I used the card with the old number to pay for, so that could be interesting at the airport!

I'm also away for a month now, so if they send me a new one and ave cancelled the old one, I'm going to be pretty annoyed.
Old May 13, 2010, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by Beansprout
Am on the phone to Amex now walking the guy through their site to see the 20,000 offer as neither he nor his supervisor know about it! This is customer service not sales so I suspect they don't have the right info - very odd.
After a bit of time on hold they confirmed it was setup ok and the 20k points will appear in due course - I've got the double points too on BA spend.
Old May 13, 2010, 4:01 pm

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
Originally Posted by uk1
I'm completely confused.

Anyone else have a similar situation?

I bet this means a challenge with the quidco ..............
Yes, I mentioned it before, I queried it with them they told me a new card was on it's way.

It's a complete cock up.

My MR vanished toom they told me it would come back and when it did all would be corrected and bonus miles shown. MR is back on my acc but no sigh of the bonus miles I'm due for travel and supermarket spend.

I'll get there in the end, no sign of my new card yet either.
Old May 13, 2010, 5:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
No double points here for me, no 20,000 and no TopCashback tracking.

MR Rep said she'd been hearing the problem time and time again and that it wouldn't be an issue to be fixed within 7 days. Let's hope so.
Old May 14, 2010, 12:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
I have also had troubles with MR and have sent a secure message to AMEX, without reply, some days ago. They must be very busy. I am too early to query the Quidco payment as I need to wait 30 days!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.