Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2013, 11:54 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Anyone have recent experience on how long the 20K/22K bonus takes to appear after you do the £2000 spend ? Welcome docs are stating it'll appear on the 5th statement. I think this is a new stipulation.

Anyone have any recent contrary experience ?
Old Jan 4, 2013, 12:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by tangey
Anyone have recent experience on how long the 20K/22K bonus takes to appear after you do the £2000 spend ? Welcome docs are stating it'll appear on the 5th statement. I think this is a new stipulation.

Just over a month ago, the transaction which took me over £2k for the 30,000 bonus posted as follows:

Old Jan 4, 2013, 12:46 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by britbronco22
As far as I can tell the answer is no (according to their app). There isn't even a Priority Pass lounge in T4.
T4 has no lounges other than for paid J pax (EY lounge, for example).
Old Jan 4, 2013, 12:47 pm

Programs: Who cares ?
Originally Posted by tangey

A couple of weeks ago I passed the £2,000 spend target (within the 1st two months). The 20,000 mile bonus was posted along with the expenditure that took me over the spend target

Regards
StH
Old Jan 4, 2013, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sparkythehamster
A couple of weeks ago I passed the £2,000 spend target (within the 1st two months). The 20,000 mile bonus was posted along with the expenditure that took me over the spend target

Regards
StH
Same.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Not sure where to ask this but maybe someone on here can advise?

If I switch over to Amex Plat, can I -

1. Transfer my MR points to Plat account
2. Get the 50k bonus points for the plat.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 4:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Not sure where to ask this but maybe someone on here can advise?

If I switch over to Amex Plat, can I -

1. Transfer my MR points to Amex
2. Get the 50k bonus points for the plat.
1. Yes, you won't lose your points
2. Dream on (well, officially, someone mentioned recently they referred themselves from Gold to Plat and got the points but I wouldn't bank on it)
Old Jan 4, 2013, 4:42 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
1. Yes, you won't lose your points
2. Dream on (well, officially, someone mentioned they referred themselves from Gold to Plat and got the points but I wouldn't bank on it)
I referred myself from Plat to Gold and got the points, but think I got lucky. When my Gold card was set up, it was done with a new MR account and I got both the referrers bonus and, even after I got the MR accounts merged, I still got the new applicant bonus was I reached the £1000 (as it was then) spend.

I've tried to think back if i might have done something in my application that caused it and it *might* be because my address has a house name with a couple of variants, but I do think I used the existing one. I'm also pretty sure I entered the existing card numbers in the application form.

Another factor could be that, by the time my Gold card was set up (I was not accepted online), I'd already cancelled my Plat card, though my MR account was still active, so I'm not convinced it was that.

I also got the cashback via Quidco.

Last edited by Prospero; Jan 4, 2013 at 5:40 pm Reason: Apologies for the bad timing of the annual thread reset. This post and replies have been moved into the old thread
Old Jan 4, 2013, 4:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Paralytic
Tried to post this just as the old thread was getting closed so copying here.

I referred myself from Plat to Gold and got the points, but think I got lucky. When my Gold card was set up, it was done with a new MR account and I got both the referrers bonus and, even after I got the MR accounts merged, I still got the new applicant bonus was I reached the £1000 (as it was then) spend.

I've tried to think back if i might have done something in my application that caused it and it *might* be because my address has a house name with a couple of variants, but I do think I used the existing one. I'm also pretty sure I entered the existing card numbers in the application form.

Another factor could be that, by the time my Gold card was set up (I was not accepted online), I'd already cancelled my Plat card, though my MR account was still active, so I'm not convinced it was that.

I also got the £40 cashback via Quidco, which is why I didn't go down the referral route - that was a better deal at the time.
Did you use different email addresses?
Old Jan 4, 2013, 4:57 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by whiskerxx
Did you use different email addresses?
Pretty sure I used the same email though I'm not sure if I was logged into my Amex account when I made the application. Not very helpful, I know

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.