Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Old Feb 16, 2011, 5:22 am

I hit the £500 minimum spend for the bonus points three days ago but didnt receive the bonus points so I rang up and they told me that they get credited at the end of the three months.

This is different to the BA Amex which gave the bonus as soon as I hit the target.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Old Feb 16, 2011, 5:51 am
k3v

Yes it was the same for me, I had to wait the full 3 months for the points to credit, but then i also had to fire off lots of emails as well to get the points.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 6:27 am

This is turning out to be a right pain, the quidco hasnt paid out either!
Old Feb 18, 2011, 10:07 am

Programs: BA bronze card, NHS Blood Donor silver card
Originally Posted by teflon
I have auto top-up enabled on my Oyster card, and the most recent transaction had double points for the Travel bonus.

It's still listed as "LON UNDERGRND OYSTER TRAVLCRD AUTO, LOND", and the description is still "GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENT".

Has anyone else received bonus points from the tube, or could this just be a fluke? (And is it worth chasing them for extra points for TfL spend?)
To answer my own question, I've had some more TfL spend go through (more auto top-ups, and a Travelcard purchase), and it's all come up with the Travel bonus points. Which is nice.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 12:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Quidco finally paid out - 6 months after I applied for the card!
Old Feb 18, 2011, 7:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Virgin Gold, Starwood Gold
I have been waiting for Quidco to pay up the £60.00 since 8th May 2010, that is more than 9 months.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by Oilrig fella
I have been waiting for Quidco to pay up the £60.00 since 8th May 2010, that is more than 9 months.
I had to submit a query after applying, which was validated in July, and I haven't been paid yet either. Double points are finally posting on all spend without requiring my intervention, however.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 5:53 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat OZ Diamond SK Diamond BA Blue
Originally Posted by JamieT
I had to submit a query after applying, which was validated in July, and I haven't been paid yet either. Double points are finally posting on all spend without requiring my intervention, however.
Ditto:.. Queried, Validated, and still waiting for Quidco payment, but reaping the double points every day.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 12:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I am finally getting double points on Holiday Inn without having to chase it
Old Mar 8, 2011, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I finally decided to cancel my card 3 weeks ago - I'm into my new BA Amex year so my Amex spend will be pushed onto that until the time my Amex Gold renewal fee is due. Card is now showing as cancelled online, with a c £30 credit for the pro-rate annual fee refund.

It is not yet clear if they will send me a cheque for this £30, pay it into the account my direct debit comes from or (as I requested) credit it against my other Amex cards.

Next step ... apply for the SPG Amex!
Old Mar 8, 2011, 3:48 am

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by Raffles
OT - still no sign of any bonuses above 10k (as far as I can tell?)
Old Mar 8, 2011, 4:07 am

Programs: VS Silver; BA Blue; HH Gold; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Raffles
I finally decided to cancel my card 3 weeks ago - I'm into my new BA Amex year so my Amex spend will be pushed onto that until the time my Amex Gold renewal fee is due. Card is now showing as cancelled online, with a c £30 credit for the pro-rate annual fee refund.

It is not yet clear if they will send me a cheque for this £30, pay it into the account my direct debit comes from or (as I requested) credit it against my other Amex cards.

I can help on this Raffles... They will send you a cheque unless you ask them to transfer the credit elsewhere. They refused to pay it to the account my dd comes from though. And my wife has got a cheque and a transfer to her BA amex (counts as a payment not a refund) - so no issues with reducing spend needed.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 4:26 am

Programs: BA - Blue
Originally Posted by kitbag1984
I hit the £500 minimum spend for the bonus points three days ago but didnt receive the bonus points so I rang up and they told me that they get credited at the end of the three months.

This is different to the BA Amex which gave the bonus as soon as I hit the target.

Has anyone else experienced this?
My 20,000 credited when I hit the £500 spend or possibly at the end of that month but not at the end of 3 months as I only got it at the end of December.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 5:43 am

Programs: VS Silver; BA Blue; HH Gold; SPG Gold
It looks liek this is still runnning...

https://www212.americanexpress.com/d...94RCRD&page=CM

Amex being slow to update website, or still running?
Old Mar 8, 2011, 6:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Jamjaw
They refused to pay it to the account my dd comes from though.
Strangely that's exactly how I got my pro-rata refund

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.