Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access questions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2010, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, Delta Gold, AA Lifetime Gold
Lounge Access questions

I have a question about lounge access. I am flying from LAX-LHR on 6/25 in first, then LAX-AMS on 6/26 in business arriving at 6:15pm. I spend the night in Amsterdam and return to LHR the next morning 6/27 at 11:40am in coach (voluntary downgrade). All of these flights are on the same first class award ticket from BA. I then fly from LHR-NCE in coach on an AA award ticket. Will I have lounge access in AMS and/or LHR on the 27th? Not sure as the entire ticket is for first, but the AMS-LHR is in coach.. I am an AA gold If that makes anY difference..and I am meeting family at LHR who will be arriving into LHR in CW, connecting to NCE on the same flight as I, except they are in business. If I can't get into the lounge on my own, can they guest me in?
Old Mar 26, 2010, 9:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum
I'd say no lounge access @ LHR or AMS on the 27th.

You aren't flying business, you don't have status and Club World/Europe passengers (unless they are OW Sapphire/Emerald) cannot guest passengers in.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 10:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
I agree with SeatedInFirst although I don't understand this "voluntary downgrade" thing - hard to see how a M-class ticket will get you into the lounge even if the other legs are in F or C.

AA Gold is no use as it's only OW Ruby. There's no equivalent BA tier, but if their were it would be called Brass. It will get you Club check-in but no lounge access. Unless your family have Sapphire or Emerald status, you're stuffed as far as the journey to NCE is concerned.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, Delta Gold, AA Lifetime Gold
Maybe I'm using the term "Involuntary downgrade" incorrectly.. There are no business seats available from AMS-LHR, only coach, so that is what I had to book. I was just thinking that maybe I could get in to the lounge since the itinerary is in first.. And it was my understanding that you can use your previous leg (in business) to get into the lounge even if your next leg is in coach.. So, using the LHR-AMS leg that is in business should allow me access to the lounge in AMS, right? I just didn’t know if this was valid since I am staying overnight in AMS... Or could i just show my first boarding pass from the LAX-LHR route to get in since it is all on the same segment?
Old Mar 26, 2010, 2:37 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Not as present, but if you can find business availability on AMS - LHR, then you will get lounge access in both AMS and LHR.

Keep an eye on that availability as it is very possible to open up.

Are you on AA First or BA First LAX - LHR?

If in AA first you get galleries first access on LHR - AMS
If in BA first you get Concorde ROom access on LHR - AMS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.