Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Minimum cancellation notification? - and my worst CW to date

Minimum cancellation notification? - and my worst CW to date

Old Mar 24, 10, 9:40 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Carbon Conscious Travel

I can add to the tale of dissapointment with my own experience on board todays BA297. Taking no pleasure recounting the fiasco with catering today which transpired as a continuation of last weekend's strike rations.

Cold artichoke salad or cold chicken salad, both products of Lucifer but I was able to pick around the 'chokes and enjoyed the few asparagus spears, cherry tomatoes resolving myself Club Kitchen would provide a suitable back up. Alas CK products never made it on board. Wines were the exact range of mini bottles crew hand out on the 35 min LHR-MAN shuttle.

Apparently passengers who had checked in at T5 were given warning of the reduced on board catering but connecting passengers such as myself were left blissfully in the dark until after boarding. I concede partial responsibility for the disappointing experience having rolled up to the gate on an empty stomach and expecting some level of choice plus CK supplement.

Can anyone point me to the nearest Greggs? I'm at the ORD Hilton
Old Mar 24, 10, 10:08 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by Jimmie76 View Post
Yes the new seats (which other airlines such as AC have as well) are very good, despite the herringbone layout
The biggest drawback to the herringbone is it is difficult to talk with a travelling companion. Great for a solo traveller though. I do like the AC J product though.
Old Mar 25, 10, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Originally Posted by BAAZ View Post
That is sad - I haven't been to JFK T7 for several years but used to go once or twice a month before then, and was always pleasantly surprised by (most of) the offerings in the CW dining room. Certainly much better than what was offered on board, and they also never used to object when I brought in a couple of glasses of champagne over from the F lounge. But I have heard from others that it's really gone downhill lately.
I've been using the CW dining at JFK 2-3 times a year for about four years now. When I first started using it I agree it was a real pleasure. We're not talking about anything that would get the Michelin inspector excited, but it was good honest tasty food. It's gone steadily downhill and this recent experience was by far the worst. All the hot offerings were absolutely inedible. The salad was ok but a $5 sandwich from a randomly chosen Manhattan deli (e.g. the one on the SE corner of 9th and 14th, conveniently located for the Gansevoort and my odd sleeping patterns when going to a lot of parties in New York) would have been better.

The wine, too, was uniformly repellent.

Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
Apparently passengers who had checked in at T5 were given warning of the reduced on board catering but connecting passengers such as myself were left blissfully in the dark until after boarding.
No such advance information for us. The first time I was told we were to be subject to "simplified catering" was an on-board announcement. It was not late enough to be officially a Sleeper Service so I'm sure some CW and F pax were expecting a full meal and would be rightly disappointed to be offered only a cold salad in a box.

I also recall BA clearly stated that extra food would be available in the lounges in cases when the onboard service was reduced. What a lie that turned out to be.
Old Mar 25, 10, 12:28 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Gold)
Originally Posted by LeisureFirst View Post
I also recall BA clearly stated that extra food would be available in the lounges in cases when the onboard service was reduced. What a lie that turned out to be.
This surprises you because...? Their food has always been indifferent at best and managed to slide further and further downhill over the last couple of years.

Try Continental - I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

BAH
Old Mar 25, 10, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
Originally Posted by BAHumbug View Post
This surprises you because...? Their food has always been indifferent at best and managed to slide further and further downhill over the last couple of years.

Try Continental - I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

BAH
Indeed....no use moaning about. There are plenty of other airlines out there willing to take your money.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: