Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

RANT: This really is the thin end of the wedge [no bacon rolls in T5B GC after 0930]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RANT: This really is the thin end of the wedge [no bacon rolls in T5B GC after 0930]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2010, 3:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold GL

Look - I can put up with most things.... paying nearly 5k for a club ticket to go to BOS and having to wait to check in, wait to go through security, taking practically everything off to be searched, to be searched again before boarding the plane, cabin crew that have voted to go on strike so travel plans have to be rerouted or not depending what happens over the forthcoming week, random lottery for getting a spa treatment blah blah and so on.

BUT this morning - I thought, you know what, I will go directly to B gates to use the lounge there as would save a bit of time and the F lounge while nice, well it's just a place to sit. Sat in B gate lounge now waiting to board to BOS I thought - "I know I will get a bacon roll"...

So - I wander off to try and find one. Couldn't find any. So I ask a very nice catering lady...

ME: Excuse me - do you have any more bacon rolls.

HER: Im so sorry - we are not allowed to serve them after 09:30. It's not us - we would love to and in fact we have the stuff out the back, but we have been told not to.

ME: Oh really - er, well is there anything else?

HER: No - Im so sorry - just some pastries. We don't start lunch service til 12.

ME: OK - thank you - I know it's not your problem

HER: I'm ever so sorry.

So - while I am sure bacon rolls are probably available in the F lounge and probably my own stupid fault for coming over here early, I really do think this is the most ridiculous bit of cost cutting I have ever seen in my life. Do they really think a bit of bacon is going to save the airline.

12 years a gold card holder, unwavering loyalty to this airline and it has come to this! Rant rant rant rave rant - must find a glass of something stronger to calm down.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 3:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, Amex P
Calm down dear, it's only a bit of bacon.

Old Mar 13, 2010, 3:19 am

Yet more cost cutting.

Whilst this happens people still pay over 5k for a seat?
Old Mar 13, 2010, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Deleted.

Last edited by Can I help you; Jun 7, 2011 at 6:02 am
Old Mar 13, 2010, 3:43 am

Programs: BA Gold. Kangorucci. NZGE.KLM Gold. VS gold
It is I have to say extremely irritating. I had the same at T3 last week. Let's not serve the most popular breakfast item: cheap and nasty
Old Mar 13, 2010, 3:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
The sad things is that people who travel up front regularly (and therefore provide the most income to BA) are the ones who are going to notice the deterioration in standards and consider going elsewhere.

OTOH, people who travel J or F rarely will just accept the product for what it is and not have internal or external comparisons.

So, the people who are most likely to walk from BA because of this are the ones who spend the most money with them. That's really smart.

And although it's only a bacon roll, for some it will be the straw that breaks the camel's back, coming on top of a long line of enhancements from birdseed on domestics to no newspapers in CE.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I assume they would still serve bacon in Galleries F after 930am?

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 13, 2010, 3:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I felt your exact pain yesterday here
Old Mar 13, 2010, 4:03 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
You could write a complaint to BA:
"Please, save your bacon by serving bacon [rolls] after 0930"
Old Mar 13, 2010, 4:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

As long as the cabin crew demand out of date working conditions there'll be more than bacon rolls disappearing.

They're not very healthy anyway......so BA could be doing you a favour and saving your bacon.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Deleted.

Last edited by Can I help you; Jun 7, 2011 at 6:03 am
Old Mar 13, 2010, 4:55 am

Programs: Mucci, BA-GGL, LH-Sen
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I am sorry to say that this is what you get when become costs focused instead of service focused.
CIHY
Trouble is, pretty much every industry I can think of is cost-focused these days, certainly travel -related ones.

Still, this is absolutely ridiculous. You'd think they would be allowed to serve the damn things until they run out. They're going to throw them away anyway. Sounds to me like a triumph of procedure over common sense. Arghhh!

PS: Bacon rolls are bad for you
Old Mar 13, 2010, 5:00 am
vla

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Gold, Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I assume they would still serve bacon in Galleries F after 930am?

Regards

TBS
It is 11.58. Bacon (and the full breakfast spread) is available for another two minutes, when the lunch service will be set out.

RJLondonGold I'm sorry for your lack of bacon. I'm afraid I may have had your portion, on brown toast, with brown sauce, just now. With the usual beverage.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 5:08 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Calm Down...its just another BA Con

Anyhow they were removed from T3 GL and GF after 0930 because all the AAdvantage People were...well taking AAdvantage.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Deleted

Last edited by Can I help you; Jun 7, 2011 at 6:03 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.