Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Strike Dates: 20-22 March and 27-30 March (Dates Inclusive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Strike Dates: 20-22 March and 27-30 March (Dates Inclusive)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2010, 7:53 am

Thanks for you advice. Already had the chat from the Mrs "you should of booked Virgin"
Old Mar 12, 2010, 7:57 am

Programs: BA Exec Member
Got the following info on MMB.

Your flights are currently planned to operate as normal.
During the strike period you may experience a different level of onboard service or your flight may be cancelled.
So that you can better manage your travel plans you have the following options:

You don’t have to do anything, you can keep your booking as it is.
You may rebook these flights and other flights free of charge, subject to availability.
Please call us to rebook your flights.
You may obtain a full refund by cancelling your entire booking. Please call us to request this refund.
If these flights are cancelled, we will notify you by email or text message/SMS. Please ensure your contact details are up-to-date.
Next to both outbound(between strike date flight on non-strike day) and inbound (strike date flight) the status reads "Subject to possible disruption"

Arghhhh...
Old Mar 12, 2010, 8:03 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Continental OnePass
Already had the chat from the Mrs "you should of booked Virgin"
Haha, funniest thing I've read in a while...probably because I have had the very same earache
Old Mar 12, 2010, 8:07 am

AussieDreamer, any news from MMB regarding the 19.20 flight to Capetown on the 22nd.

Many Thank

Reedy
Old Mar 12, 2010, 8:07 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Plat, Avis PC, Sixt Pl,
Originally Posted by Wing Man
Some further background on the dispute.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000..._LEFTWhatsNews
Good of BMI to publicly offer its assistance I thought. I wonder if beardy will make a similar statement?

The larger BMI statement also says that BAEC Gold and Silver cardholders flying with them will be able to use the BMI lounges.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 8:08 am

Programs: BAEC
Maybe someone can just clear the following up for me.

Reading the - Rebooking and refund options for proposed strike dates page on ba.com

Until we finalise our flying schedule, if you are booked to travel between 19 and 31 March 2010 and wish to change your travel plans you can:

* Rebook to travel on another BA flight on the same route up to 355 days in the future at no extra charge, subject to availability.

OR

* Cancel your booking and obtain a refund to the original form of payment. This option will only be available until we have finalised our flying schedule.

Is that basically saying that untill the have sorted out which flights will & wont fly, i can now get a full refund and maybe re-book with another airline, even though my flight hasnt actually been cancelled yet. As i usually thought BA didnt refund non-refunable tickets untill the flight was cancelled.

Last edited by Speedbird279; Mar 12, 2010 at 8:14 am
Old Mar 12, 2010, 8:24 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Got to love the unions, try and make out they are being thoughtful by not striking over Easter but truth is many people take their holidays over the 2 weeks of Easter not just the Easter Weekend so by striking on the 27th they are affecting peoples plans just as much if not more so! They may not spoil some peoples long weekend plans to Europe, but most people going longhaul will be doing it for a full week or two and this strike ruins their holidays!

My wife is a teacher so yes this affects me, we are meant to be travelling on the 27th to JNB. After speaking to You First he could not say the flight would be running but thought it is a high probability it will be and they will have everything confirmed on Monday so best to wait until then and call back.

He was very apologetic and while didnt give comment on his opinion of the unions he still made his opinion very clear which I get the feeling is the same opinion held by many BA non cabin crew staff!
Old Mar 12, 2010, 8:31 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by AussieDreamer
Got the following info on MMB.

Your flights are currently planned to operate as normal.
During the strike period you may experience a different level of onboard service or your flight may be cancelled.
So that you can better manage your travel plans you have the following options:

You don’t have to do anything, you can keep your booking as it is.
You may rebook these flights and other flights free of charge, subject to availability.
Please call us to rebook your flights.
You may obtain a full refund by cancelling your entire booking. Please call us to request this refund.
If these flights are cancelled, we will notify you by email or text message/SMS. Please ensure your contact details are up-to-date.
Next to both outbound(between strike date flight on non-strike day) and inbound (strike date flight) the status reads "Subject to possible disruption"

Arghhhh...
This is dreadfull.
I'm due to fly on the 26th which is not a strike date and I'm also getting that message.

When are we going to be told?

My present flights suit me,I don't want to change if I don't have to.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 8:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Originally Posted by Earthman
This is dreadfull.
I'm due to fly on the 26th which is not a strike date and I'm also getting that message.

When are we going to be told?
On the 26th you should be safe whatever your route is. I wouldn't worry to much about it. They're probably just trying to give nervoux pax a few options, and in the process free up some seats on the non-strike days

My present flights suit me,I don't want to change if I don't have to.
Me too. But if I move my flights I'll probably get double BA miles and TPs. Wonder if they'll let me move to a different flight time on the same day. I'd actually quite like to fly back 40 minutes sooner - but they didn't have availability in the right fare class when I originally booked. According to the rules, I should be able to move.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 8:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just spoken to BA, I fly on the 31st to Miami from LHR, and it 'should' run, also on the basis that they will cancel short haul domestic first, followed by European, and that the long haul flight will be the last to be cancelled.

There is also something on the table, so the strike, may still be averted, so here's hoping.....

AAF
Old Mar 12, 2010, 9:01 am

Programs: LH SEN (*G), BA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
do you think it is going to be possible to switch the outbound date to an earlier one? I am booked BUD-LHR-JFK on 27 march...
Old Mar 12, 2010, 9:05 am

Programs: I am a lowly ant
hmm, we're booked on BA11 to Singapore on 29th. Do the same planes continue on to Oz?

Is this likely to be cancelled?

I want to book a connecting flight on the 30th, within a few hours of scheduled landing in SIN, but it seems very risky at this point.

Last edited by meester69; Mar 12, 2010 at 9:45 am
Old Mar 12, 2010, 9:07 am

Programs: BA GfL, TK *G+
I do hope any stand-in CC have been fully trained on resetting the AVOD, this seems to be a vital part of the normal crews duties. Cold food only (no birdseed please) I can put up with for a 12.55hr day flight back from PVG, but no movies!
Old Mar 12, 2010, 9:09 am
Gaz

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, UA Gold
19th OK?

I'm booked on the 19th, the day before the strike starts proper, and my flight has the 'subject to possible disruption' status in MMB.

Flight is MAD-MAN and it is absolutely essential I am back in MAN on the Friday, even if it meant chartering private :s

Getting my TA to book a flexible emergency flight, but does anyone have any idea or experience to guess whether flights the day before really will be affected that heavily?
Old Mar 12, 2010, 9:10 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Might just get home

Me and my wife are due to fly home from CPT on the 20th so I am hoping that the flight will go ahead on the basis that the plane should have left LHR on the 19th with a crew as that is not a strike day.

We are in F on reward seats so I hope we will get some compensation if there are no meals.

I hope they do not use the voucher scheme they used during the Gate Gormless Affair when I had about 100 USD to spend at Burger King in LAX

Last edited by johnaalex; Mar 12, 2010 at 9:32 am Reason: typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.