Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Strike Dates: 20-22 March and 27-30 March (Dates Inclusive)

BA Strike Dates: 20-22 March and 27-30 March (Dates Inclusive)

Old Mar 16, 2010, 8:41 am

Programs: BA GfL, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jonnye
How much repositioning are BA going to have to do to get things in order? (i.e. 744's)
From the lists of LH flights posted by Continentalclub it looks like a degree of repositioning is being built into the schedules to get staff in and aircraft in the right places, although you can expect some destinations to take a couple of rotations to catch up depending on the availability of non-striking CC.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 8:48 am

Programs: BAEC, Lifemiles, HH, PC
Originally Posted by milly
Hi can anyone tell me if Ba have helped in any way regards rescheduling the
Miami flights cancelled in the first bought of strikes ie offered you another airline. We are due to travel in the next round and am hoping someone can give us an insight as to what will be offered if anything at all. Ba209 are all cancelled on the 20 -22nd ! We are due to fly on 3oth and can not find a reasonable flight anywhere.
Milly - like you I am booked on a Miami flight on 30th. Just a guess but I'm assuming that I may be transferred onto AA if BA207/9 do not fly as American also fly this route. AA57 has gone to fully booked in the last couple of days so I'm thinking that BA have taken all the available space. Hope that helps.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 9:37 am

Miami

Thanks for that lets hope so!Good luck
Old Mar 16, 2010, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), *A Gold - TAP, SkyTeam E+, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Diamond, Sixt PL, GE/TSA Pre
Originally Posted by Hedwig
From the lists of LH flights posted by Continentalclub it looks like a degree of repositioning is being built into the schedules to get staff in and aircraft in the right places, although you can expect some destinations to take a couple of rotations to catch up depending on the availability of non-striking CC.
So basically, there's going to be a fair amount of pretty empty BA aircraft making their way to various destinations then.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 1:50 pm

am a little confused, can anyone help me? sorry for being so dense.

I'm flying from the East Coast to LH on the 19th, continuing to AMS on the 20th. (2 hour layover at LH). Flight from the US to LH is confirmed, but leg to AMS says "subject to possible disruption." I look at it (0434) on the arrivals page and there is no indication that its cancelled. Am I good?

My return trip is from CDG to LH (0309) and then LH to the US (0227). both of these indicate "subject to disruption" but I can't pull up data on them on the arrivals page since those are more than 7 days out (both strike dates).

BA in several places claims to have released full details of the cancelled flights, and I see lots of other FT'ers changing plans. Can I assume I'm good, at least for the first 2 legs? Or are you guys seeing similarly vague warnings and just moving to non-strike days proactively?

I get the sense that BA is doing everything they can to staff the intercontinental flights, but the flights over to the continent are more likely to be cancelled. when am i going to know if my LH-AMS leg is cancelled? Should I proactively be changing dates?
Old Mar 17, 2010, 3:00 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Well it looks like BA redeemed themselves... to me at least.
I had them move my canx'd flight from CTA to NAP, since it showed one NAP flights was operating on the 20th and that was as close as I could get to Sicily on BA. BA had told me the CTA flight on the 19th was booked. Well last night while surfing BA I saw that the LGW CTA flight on the 19th had two seats for sale. I called the BA center as soon as they opened and was able to get into the 2 club world seats left on the flight (my original class was club world and those were the only two left, Iwould have taken coach!). So barring a late flight into Heathrow the morning of the 19th or problems on the bus to LGW we will still make it home. yay.

Ciao,
FH
Old Mar 17, 2010, 5:07 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Not sure anyone has mentioned this, but BA are also chartering aeroplanes from Ryanair!

From http://www.britishairways.com/travel...ption2_charter

The following airlines are being chartered for flights operating between 20 and 22 March 2010:

* Air Finland
* Arkefly
* Astraeus
* Czech Airlines
* EuroAtlantic Airways
* Jet2
* Monarch Airlines
* Ryanair
* Titan Airways
* Transavia
* Viking Airlines

These charter companies employ the pilots and cabin crew working on these aircraft, which will be operated on behalf of British Airways.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 5:15 pm

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
The schedules already tell you which charter you'll be on (if applicable), my wife is flying EuroAtlantic to LCA next week.

Astraeus - you might get Bruce Dickinson, if he's not touring

good luck if you're on Ryanair

Originally Posted by SmilingBoy
Not sure anyone has mentioned this, but BA are also chartering aeroplanes from Ryanair!

From http://www.britishairways.com/travel...ption2_charter

The following airlines are being chartered for flights operating between 20 and 22 March 2010:

* Air Finland
* Arkefly
* Astraeus
* Czech Airlines
* EuroAtlantic Airways
* Jet2
* Monarch Airlines
* Ryanair
* Titan Airways
* Transavia
* Viking Airlines

These charter companies employ the pilots and cabin crew working on these aircraft, which will be operated on behalf of British Airways.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 1:49 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by LemonThrower
I'm flying from the East Coast to LH on the 19th, continuing to AMS on the 20th. (2 hour layover at LH). Flight from the US to LH is confirmed...
I think you won't be the only one who is a little confused if we add "London Heathrow" to the list that "LH" stands for...

"I'm flying LH on BA to LH then SH on LH from LH to FR (rather than FR SH to HH)."

(Apologies for unhelpful post.)
Old Mar 18, 2010, 4:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by PEK Duck
I think you won't be the only one who is a little confused if we add "London Heathrow" to the list that "LH" stands for...

"I'm flying LH on BA to LH then SH on LH from LH to FR (rather than FR SH to HH)."

Will you have time to pop into the GF with your GF ?
Old Mar 18, 2010, 4:44 am

Very unhelpful but rather funny too
Old Mar 18, 2010, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
At least five of
Originally Posted by BA
These charter companies ...
are scheduled airlines ...

OT: I see that the current FR offer is from £/€ 12 all in per sector, far too expensive for me. Has BA's chartering upped FR's expectations?

Will FR crew provide FR cabin service? If so, BA Europeasant passengers will have the option of better food, albeit BOB.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR

Good point. I know that LH = Lufthansa, except in this forum where it can mean longhaul, though I prefer l/h. I've never heard Heathrow referred to as LH until today. LHR yes, LRH yes, but not LH.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 5:07 am

Programs: Mucci Grandee (Upgraded), BA Silver, AZ MilleMiglia
Originally Posted by LemonThrower

I'm flying from the East Coast to LH on the 19th, continuing to AMS on the 20th. (2 hour layover at LH). Flight from the US to LH is confirmed, but leg to AMS says "subject to possible disruption." I look at it (0434) on the arrivals page and there is no indication that its cancelled. Am I good?
All flights on strike days (including 20th) are labelled "subject to possible disruption". Is your LHR-AMS on 20th on the list of shorthauls scheduled to operate ? If not, I guess you'll get there somehow but perhaps with a few hours' delay, as it's a high-frequency route and there are plenty of other flights.

Can't help you with your return trip - you'll need to wait for a few more days until things become clearer.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 12:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), *A Gold - TAP, SkyTeam E+, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Diamond, Sixt PL, GE/TSA Pre
Wow, just looking at the departures boards from yesterday, it actually looked pretty impressive on BA's part relative to what we though would happen.

Just heard this morning they'll be reinstating a couple of the TLV flights that were slated for cancellation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.