Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Strike Dates: 20-22 March and 27-30 March (Dates Inclusive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Strike Dates: 20-22 March and 27-30 March (Dates Inclusive)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hedwig
Strangely all NCL flights still showing as operating, but perhaps they're concentration on the LH flights and haven't got around to cancelling the domestics yet?
I think that is right, There does not seem to be any domestic canx for now, which sounds highly improbable as domestics are usually those most likely to be canx'd.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:39 am

schedules updated

go look at the strike section on ba.com

looks like they are getting a firmer idea of what they will be doing for the first 3 days of strikes
^
Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:40 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by lozza1974
Rather than doing that, why don't they start by putting a simple list of flights and dates together on their website, with their status? You can't tell me it's difficult to do that? Then they could start loading the timetable etc.
They have sort of done that! Go and look at Arrivals & Departures on ba.com and type in the airports and date and you will see what has been cancelled and what hasn't.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:45 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by heartybob
Looking at a random selection of BA flights on 22nd on KVS it seems that UK and Euro destinations with multiple flights each day are seeing between 0% and 60% cancellations, although all three flights to LIS seem to be cancelled on 22nd.
Look at milan 2 airports LIN and MXP out of 10 flights per day only 2 to 3 operating....
Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:46 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Continental OnePass
Yes, they've done it now. Thanks.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:46 am

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
They just canx'd my flight. Never again BA. I'll just keep on connecting through FRA.

The BA page just updated with a searchable engine be flight number and city.

Ciao,
FH
Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:51 am

Programs: BA GGL
Looks like no route swaps

A quick glance at long haul on the 20th suggests that most, perhaps all, 744-operated routes are cancelled...

However, it looks like the 21st and 22nd are better. Whether that's just as they haven't as yet uploaded those days, I don't know!

Either way, I'm meant to be on a JNB on the 22nd to be at work on the 23rd...
Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:51 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
OK I get that it is difficult for BA to juggle everything but just clicked on the link for the second set of strike dates to get the message that they are planning on running everything as normal but will not make any decisions on any cancellations until the 22nd at the earliest!

I support BA in this strike and can see why they need to take on the unions, but I have 2 seats to JNB in First booked for the 27ths and looking at the 20th-22nd stikes all JNB flights are cancelled, so not exactly looking good!
What do BA suggest I do sit in limbo for the next 7 days waiting for them to decide!

People are willing to forgive a lot and put up with a lot but the thing people hate is not knowing!!

Thats my thoughts anyway!
Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by toddml
OK I get that it is difficult for BA to juggle everything but just clicked on the link for the second set of strike dates to get the message that they are planning on running everything as normal but will not make any decisions on any cancellations until the 22nd at the earliest!

I support BA in this strike and can see why they need to take on the unions, but I have 2 seats to JNB in First booked for the 27ths and looking at the 20th-22nd stikes all JNB flights are cancelled, so not exactly looking good!
What do BA suggest I do sit in limbo for the next 7 days waiting for them to decide!

People are willing to forgive a lot and put up with a lot but the thing people hate is not knowing!!

Thats my thoughts anyway!
It is pretty clear that they are waiting to see the level of participation in the first strike period before determining what is going to happen in the second wave. At this date, they are letting you cancel or move your dates.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:55 am

Programs: BA GfL, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SFU? NFW!
A quick glance at long haul on the 20th suggests that most, perhaps all, 744-operated routes are cancelled...

However, it looks like the 21st and 22nd are better. Whether that's just as they haven't as yet uploaded those days, I don't know!

It's not all fixed yet...

On 20th only 1 flight running to HKG, but both still operating back on 21st. Unless they fly the plane out empty (or cargo only) and use the downroute crew to bring it back I can't see how this is possible.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by SFU? NFW!

LHR to LAX, SFO, and PHX all cancelled on the 20th however the return flights ARE operating. I guess they are going out with just cargo as not enough CC at the beginning.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:58 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Virgin FC
My flight CPH-LHR has been cancelled....looks like I won't be doing my weekend trip away then
Old Mar 15, 2010, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by matthewuk
LHR to LAX, SFO, and PHX all cancelled on the 20th however the return flights ARE operating. I guess they are going out with just cargo as not enough CC at the beginning.
and repatriating cc from downroute.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 11:06 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
booked flights for Strikes during 2nd wave will receive an email on 18th March

As above

Just spoke to very helpful person at customer service desk around my visa running out on the 30th March for russia (well not running out, but thats when i say i will be leaving).

She said all strikes for first wave should have an email, and strikes for 2nd wave will receive an email on the 18th March if flight is cancelled or effected, if mine is they will move me to a Finnair flight via HEL.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 11:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I was hoping for a cancelation to pickup double miles and tier points but they have cancelled every flight to/from my destination each day but mine, I guess I will have to go without. Meanwhile those who don't want a cancellation are getting one.

Maybe BA should have had an online poll over the weekend to find out what people wanted?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.