Wiki Posts
Search

Going from Gold

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2010, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: british airways
Going from Gold

When Gold turns to silver and you can no longer chose 1A in first, club europe or domestic, do you lose any such seat reservations ? If so do you get assigned something else, or do you have to go back in and reassign? Would any other seat reservations, eg overwing in euro traveller stand ?

Realise this has been discussed before but have seen conflicting answers.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 4:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by genovese
When Gold turns to silver and you can no longer chose 1A in first, club europe or domestic, do you lose any such seat reservations ? If so do you get assigned something else, or do you have to go back in and reassign? Would any other seat reservations, eg overwing in euro traveller stand ?

Realise this has been discussed before but have seen conflicting answers.
By overwing - do you mean exit row? If so my understanding is that you would lose these if you will not be gold at the time of travel.

As for anything else I think you keep them. Obviously if you make any flight changes you will only be able to assign those seats available to silver card holders.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 4:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold
row one will go.
Anything you can choose ordinarily as silver won't.

If in 1a or k first for instance,you are likely to revert back to an available seat at the time of the change as if you booked it then.
You can change it if something better is available.

If you know ,you are dropping to silver before you fly,you're better off not going into row one and pick the best of the rest instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.