Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Seating Queries: Euro Traveller/UK Domestic

Old Oct 17, 2015, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA
Is CE up to row 11, or up to e.g. row 6 with 5 rows blocked?
Old Oct 17, 2015, 3:48 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.

Can't be CE up to 11 on an A319. Sounds like the poster is referring to the blocked seats he cannot select further forward.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 4:09 pm

Aha - 8-11 appear but are unavailable, exit is row 10, nothing further forward is shown. Will these become available in the future? If not, are 12CD a reasonable choice?
Old Oct 17, 2015, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by richarddd
Aha - 8-11 appear but are unavailable, exit is row 10, nothing further forward is shown. Will these become available in the future? If not, are 12CD a reasonable choice?
They will become available at some point around T-72.

All the seats on an A319 are the same except for Row 21 backward which have a missing window, reduced pitch, or both. Nothing wrong with 12CD.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by paul4040
They will become available at some point around T-72.

All the seats on an A319 are the same except for Row 21 backward which have a missing window, reduced pitch, or both. Nothing wrong with 12CD.
Are the exit row seats worthwhile?

Not that this makes a tremendous difference on a short flight, but might as well get as good a seat as I can.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 4:44 pm

I don't sit in the over wing seats because you get a rubbish view with a big wing in the way, but you do get more legroom.

Both passengers must be able to assist in an emergency of course.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 3:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Quick question. Heading to Santorini in a couple of weeks and will be in ET for the return leg. Not sure where to sit. Does the food & drink service start from the front only or also from the back on an A320? Mind you, with a 4 hour flight I don't suppose it matters as long as I can get a snack and a drink at some time.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 3:36 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by DrGee
Quick question. Heading to Santorini in a couple of weeks and will be in ET for the return leg. Not sure where to sit.
Service starts from the front, drinks then food, so go for the exit row if it's in ET and you are eligible for it. If it is before 09:30 you may want to go Kosher or Vegetarian, otherwise it is the croissant and cereal bar. Later on it is a more substantial sandwich box. I did put a photo up of this recently somewhere.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 3:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Exit row not available to us lowly bronze sorts. It's a tea time flight so I'll look forward to a sarnie to follow my beer but after that I'll probably be looking for a bit of a snooze. Very useful info as usual. Thanks.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 8:33 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Has anyone else noticed that the row numbers on the (reputedly impeccable) seat maps on the thebaasource.com have gotten screwed up for quite a few of the BA shorthaul configurations recently ?

It *seems* this happened at the same time they introduced the whizzy 'moving divider' animations. Anyone here have sway with the folks at thebasource to get this fixed ?

Old Apr 11, 2018, 3:35 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
I'm booked on BA1474 LHR-GLA in early August (A321), which currently has exit rows 8 and 9 fully blocked out. Should i presume these are all reserved (would be surprised given the lack of seats currently reserved elsewhere on the flight, and exit rows 22 and 23 are wide open) or are these left blocked for other reasons (perhaps change of config where these move to CE rows etc)? Thanks in advance
Old Apr 11, 2018, 3:44 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by sudge27
I'm booked on BA1474 LHR-GLA in early August (A321), which currently has exit rows 8 and 9 fully blocked out. Should i presume these are all reserved (would be surprised given the lack of seats currently reserved elsewhere on the flight, and exit rows 22 and 23 are wide open) or are these left blocked for other reasons (perhaps change of config where these move to CE rows etc)? Thanks in advance
Most likely the latter, especially if the CE curtain is presently showing somewhere around row 6/7. The first couple of rows after the CE curtain can be routinely blocked - even to Golds - to permit such changes.

(Dunno why, but it seems variations on this question have been appearing quite a lot lately, maybe just a coincidence! Who knows )
sudge27 likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
E90 LCY - AMS: exit row?

Im currently booked on an Embraer E90 thats coming up next month and based on Seatgurus advice I have selected row 12 which is highlighted as the exit row with the extra legroom.

But on the App MMB, however, is indicating that the exit row with extra legroom is row 11.

Id be grateful for advice on which is the better row for legroom.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.