Seating Queries: Club Europe

Old Jul 12, 2019, 4:51 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by pythonisman
Digging up an old thread -- I'm looking to book LGW-ACE in Club next year to celebrate father in law's 60th with family -- Expertflyer is currently showing the seatmap as matching the CY177 aircraft (no row 1 DEF).
Is your post above saying that 2D / 2F are good seats? If so, I'll look to reserve them. I prefer a bulkhead seat particularly if there's extra legroom for 4+ hours!

I take it from your comment that these seats are better than the standard row1 seats on other BA 320s?
Yes, if it remains as a G-GAT (and that cannot be taken for granted) then 2D and 2F are even better than 1D and 1F on the remaining A320 fleet. Second only to the Embraer 190s. Note this is more about knee room rather than leg room, given that most travellers are able to put their legs under the seat in front in the rest of the cabin.
pythonisman likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 5:01 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Thanks for that - as I hoped!

And yes, I'll keep an aircraft change alert on the (probably good) chance that something changes in the next 9-10 months...
Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:06 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver
Hello,

I am BA Bronze, and have an upcoming CE flight LHR to HEL (this Fri, returning Sun) with my partner.
BA0794 31.01.20 & BA0799 02.02.20

I was able to select seats for the two of us outbound, but for the inbound, all seats are showing as unavailable (shows rows 1-12, 11 and 12 being exit row, with only one seat on each side of the plane??)

Does anyone know why this might be? will I be able to select seats at check-in? I would like us to be able to sit next to each other.

Thanks in advance for any help, much appreciated.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:16 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AlexIG
Hello,

I am BA Bronze, and have an upcoming CE flight LHR to HEL (this Fri, returning Sun) with my partner.
BA0794 31.01.20 & BA0799 02.02.20

I was able to select seats for the two of us outbound, but for the inbound, all seats are showing as unavailable (shows rows 1-12, 11 and 12 being exit row, with only one seat on each side of the plane??)

Does anyone know why this might be? will I be able to select seats at check-in? I would like us to be able to sit next to each other.

Thanks in advance for any help, much appreciated.
The 799 on Sunday is rather busy partly due to it being a repatriation flight from the HEL Do Mini do: Helsinki, 31 Jan to 02 Feb, 2020

Having said that there are free seats which I imagine you can't see as they are currently blocked, but they will become available later this week. The free seats are 11C, 12A, 12C, 12D, and 12F so you should be able to sit together. Failing that I am sure the FT'ers can move around on the day to ensure you can sit together
Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
The 799 on Sunday is rather busy partly due to it being a repatriation flight from the HEL Do Mini do: Helsinki, 31 Jan to 02 Feb, 2020

Having said that there are free seats which I imagine you can't see as they are currently blocked, but they will become available later this week. The free seats are 11C, 12A, 12C, 12D, and 12F so you should be able to sit together. Failing that I am sure the FT'ers can move around on the day to ensure you can sit together
Cheers KARFA, will keep monitoring the seat map!
Old Jan 30, 2020, 9:08 am

Apologies to ask again, but it is now showing row 12 as free, but only 1 seat on each side (A and D) as per the screenshot I posted above.

Expert flyer is showing the entire row as free, A, C, D & F.

Does anyone know why this might be?

I have selected us A and D with the view to switch with whoever is in C with our D seat if possible.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 11:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by AlexIG
Apologies to ask again, but it is now showing row 12 as free, but only 1 seat on each side (A and D) as per the screenshot I posted above.

Expert flyer is showing the entire row as free, A, C, D & F.

Does anyone know why this might be?.
its an IT glitch

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.