Seating Queries: Club World

Old Jan 21, 2012, 6:16 am

Programs: OW Emerald (BA), UA*G, Marriott Plat, IC RA, Various others
Originally Posted by SaturdayKid
After a wonderful flight on BA0001 on Friday I am returning to LCY on BA0004 on Monday evening, current seat allocation is 1A which was fine for the way out but will it be noise for getting a good night’s sleep on the return leg. Should I try and switch seat? I’d welcome any thoughts.

Also I can’t post without saying a big thank you to the crew on Friday’s outbound service; it was superb in every aspect. Food and service was great, delightful CC and an informative chat with the Captain who gave some valuable insight into what the actual interference is that has been caused by mobile devices historically. Really nice to be given some constructive and objective explanations on the subject.

Take off to landing it may not be the fastest service but by the time you factor in the saving in getting through immigration and the overall level of comfort is a great way to fly.
Stay in 1A. The crew will have lights out within 45 minutes of take-off, subject to weather being okay. Few pax seem to eat on the 004, so it becomes very quiet quite quickly.

I love this service - it is easy, relaxing, comfortable and the addition of OnAir means I arrive in NY fully up to date with emails. The Shannon Shuffle is simple, and I've never met a group of nicer US immigration officials. They're getting to know the regular travellers, too, which makes for a nicer experience.

If the Captain you chatted with was a tad on the larger size, he is probably the best Captain on the route...and he just LOVES flying this route.

Have a good trip back!
Old Jan 21, 2012, 6:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by dzphilli
BA 777 3 Class

Thanks Mikey - thats helpful. I guess my concern over row 10 is the proximity to the toilets and the WT+ cabin coming forward to use these all night long as the other facilities are a long way back in WT.

Row 1 DEFG 1s occupied and row 2 DE occupied (strange choice for a couple!) but otherwise the cabin is showing completely free. I might have bagged row 2 but I'd like DEFG so the kids can have their own space and hopefully get some decent shuteye! I can honestly say my boys hardly make a noise on a flight and many times we have been complimented on their behaviour (this following the complete look of horror on other passengers faces when they realise they are sitting in close proximity to two little boys). I put it down to the fact that they rarely get any other time when mum and dad are quite happy for them to watch cartoons or play ds for 10 hours!!!!

Maybe I'll stick with row 10 for now but if row 3 (bulkhead in forward cabin) or row 11 (last row before WT+) become available (i.e. no infants travelling) before OLCI is it worth trying the move to these do you think?

Also, anyone have any advice whether there is any chance of row 3 or 11 getting released before OLCI?

Ive spent ages reading through this thread and its really helpful!!!!! Many thanks everyone.

Deb
We normally prefer the window pairs when travelling as a family- we normally get 2AB, 3AB and 4A. IMO, they are better than the DEFG middles. Unless they are reserved for an infant on your flight, 3DEFG and 11DEFG will get released at T-24. The WT+ pax are not allowed to use the CW toilets just forward of row 10, and should get told by the crew to go back to the toilets in WT.

Keep a close eye on 2DE- row 2 is the row that is assigned to pax by default- 2DE may look at their seats sometime soon and move themselves around.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 6:19 am

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, ABP ;)
I go straight to sleep on the way back with no drink/dinner so I like 8J/K, you don't get the noise of the front galley during dinner service, and you can grab an extra bacon roll in the morning as these seem to appear from the rear galley.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would take a seat a little further back from the galley on a night flight.

Although I have not travelled on the LCY service I have been in 64K and did find the light, noise and smell to be a bit annoying in that seat.

So I would take a seat in one of the middle rows.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
I would normally pick a row 2 seat but on my last trip back on the BA4 the choice was row 1 or 6. I took 1K which was ok for an overnight and was probably quieter than 1A.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by africaflier
Sorry if this is a remedial question---it has been a while since I flew on the 777. Flying in the 4 class 777 from LHR to US. If 10 A, K are taken and I want to be as far as possible from any bassinet in WT+, any thoughts on best seats?
Row 11 will be furthest from the bassinets in WT+ and CW.

However I have never been disturbed by a baby in a bassinet and I always choose window seats in row 13. Provided that you are not on the 773, of which BA only has a few aircraft and can be distinguised by their 7 rather than 6 rows of CW, row 13 is the only row guaranteed to have a full complement of windows.

As I like as much natural light as possible I always therefore choose to sit in row 13.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
Although I have not travelled on the LCY service I have been in 64K and did find the light, noise and smell to be a bit annoying in that seat.
Wow ... that's what I call sensitive

So why does everyone rate 64A or 64K so highly?

Whatever ... we use 63A/B ^
Old Jan 21, 2012, 1:50 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
It is years since I have been in J on a 777, and have selected 10B on a 4 class -200. I prefer an aisle seat when in CW (if I cannot get 64K on UD of the UD does not exist!), but they all seem similar. At least no one is climbing over me. It is a day light flight. Thought it might be good to be near the Club Kitchen .

I was thinking about the backrow of CW, although the window seat is blocked for bassinet use, I believe. Easy access to aisle but away from WC and close to WTP.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Last edited by TravellerFrequently; Jan 22, 2012 at 3:47 am
Old Jan 22, 2012, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by mikey2124
We normally prefer the window pairs when travelling as a family- we normally get 2AB, 3AB and 4A. IMO, they are better than the DEFG middles. Unless they are reserved for an infant on your flight, 3DEFG and 11DEFG will get released at T-24. The WT+ pax are not allowed to use the CW toilets just forward of row 10, and should get told by the crew to go back to the toilets in WT.

Keep a close eye on 2DE- row 2 is the row that is assigned to pax by default- 2DE may look at their seats sometime soon and move themselves around.
Thankyou - that's really helpful. ^
For various reasons DEFG would suit us better than two window pairs.
I'll also keep a look out for row 2 getting released and just see what happens.
Row 10 clearly not a dreadful allocation

Thankyou!!
Old Jan 22, 2012, 3:52 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by T8191
Wow ... that's what I call sensitive

So why does everyone rate 64A or 64K so highly?
I flew out in 64K to JFK and returned in 64A last year.

Although a day flight, I have travelled on night sectors and not been troubled in 64K, which I like for the extra leg room and privacy.

64A is less private and the noise and light was noticeable on my night sctor back from JFK as there is nothing blocking the galley light, although it does have considerably more leg room. Probably a good seat on a day light sector.

Another drawback of 64A, IMHO, is that the lockers are not as deep as at 64K.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 6:20 am

63j

hi,taking my first cw flight to las in a couple of weeks on a 747.i've selected 63j is this a reasonable choice?
thanks in advance.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by archmeister
hi,taking my first cw flight to las in a couple of weeks on a 747.i've selected 63j is this a reasonable choice?
thanks in advance.
A very good choice in my book ... I'm addicted to 63B

Oh, and welcome to FT, of course ... or at least to your first post
Old Jan 22, 2012, 6:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by archmeister
thanks in advance.
Firstly, welcome to Flyertalk.

It's a good seat on the upper deck of the 747 but general consensus seems to favour 62A, K or 64 A, K although note that these are all backwards-facing seats (which I happen to prefer, particularly on overnight flights although I acknowledge your flight won't be).
Old Jan 23, 2012, 2:34 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
What are the Best seat for a Family Club World 777

I am travelling with my wife and daughter in Club World on the 777 from ATL to LHR. What are the best seats for a family of 3? I assume 3 in the middle section of 4 with 2 of those pointing backward? Is it a strange sensation flying backward or do you not notice at all? Will I have to pay for advance seat assignments? Many thanks in advance.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 2:43 pm

Flying backwards is no different at all. I actually prefer it. I do it whenever I can.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.