Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2012, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by phol
Bit of an odd question perhaps - but on the new 777-300ER's do the CC start meal service from row 10 or row 16??
Start at row 10, working towards the back of the cabin.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Row 10.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
Start at row 10, working towards the back of the cabin.
Thanks ^
Old Jan 17, 2012, 8:24 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by mikey2124
I would choose the UD in a heartbeat. Row 20 is right next to WT, so it will be much noisier than the UD, even if you can't get row 62 or 64 I would definitely go for the UD, probably row 60 as you get served first
thanks
Old Jan 17, 2012, 8:31 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by FenLandK
Actually, row 20 on a Hi-J is adjacent to WT+, not WT. Having sat in 20K, you don't get many (if any) WT+ pax coming through, and I couldn't detect any additional noise from there, although I'm not sure how many of the famed "screaming babies" were beyond the bulkhead and the curtain.

You do get a bit of extra engine noise in row 20, so it would be noisier than the UD because of that. Fantastic view down the wing from 20A/K though. Oh, and you do get a smidge more legroom, as well as not having to step across someone to get out.
thanks also - we are still undecided - I think we are hoping those horrible peeps who have nicked our row 64 seats will cancel their flight ! Thankfully this flight is not our next flight (its the flight just before we go gold - so after that we expect to be upgraded to F all the time ). We have another flight before then in CW on a 747 so will check out row 20 and see what they look like - will report back - never bothered looking before.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 10:34 am

Wink new to CW - BA 777 3 class - which row please?

Dear all,

I am a CW newbie! and need some advice please.

We are a fmaily of 4 booked on a 777 3 class. CW is rows 1-11. We have two children (10 and 8) and, yes, I appreciate that kids arent always so welcome in CW but I would very much appreciate some advice re seating. We have seats preassigned at 10 DEFG and I think the middle seats would be perfect for us so the kids can be 'trapped' in the middle seats^

I'm after row advice please. Row 10 is just behind the toilets and I guess many passengers come forward from WTplus to use these facilities. Do you think this is a busy traffic area for a night flight in particular? The only middle rows left 'available' are 3 or 11 and I guess they are available as some of the seats are blocked for a cot. Can anyone advise whether it is worth trying to book these (in place of row 10) when they become unblocked - any when might this be? Flight isnt until April. Hubbie has only accunlated bronze this year due to a previous perference for another airline!!!

I would VERY much appreciate your thoughts? I've passed through CW many a time but never had the fortune to be able to sit there so this is all new to me!!!! Having paid a small fortune for the 4 seats I'm keen to try to bag the best available!!!

Many many thanks
deb
Old Jan 17, 2012, 11:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by dzphilli
Dear all,

I am a CW newbie! and need some advice please.

We are a fmaily of 4 booked on a 777 3 class. CW is rows 1-11. We have two children (10 and 8) and, yes, I appreciate that kids arent always so welcome in CW but I would very much appreciate some advice re seating. We have seats preassigned at 10 DEFG and I think the middle seats would be perfect for us so the kids can be 'trapped' in the middle seats^

I'm after row advice please. Row 10 is just behind the toilets and I guess many passengers come forward from WTplus to use these facilities. Do you think this is a busy traffic area for a night flight in particular? The only middle rows left 'available' are 3 or 11 and I guess they are available as some of the seats are blocked for a cot. Can anyone advise whether it is worth trying to book these (in place of row 10) when they become unblocked - any when might this be? Flight isnt until April. Hubbie has only accunlated bronze this year due to a previous perference for another airline!!!

I would VERY much appreciate your thoughts? I've passed through CW many a time but never had the fortune to be able to sit there so this is all new to me!!!! Having paid a small fortune for the 4 seats I'm keen to try to bag the best available!!!

Many many thanks
deb
Row 10 is good- right by the bulkhead wall so 10D and 10G get a little bit of extra legroom as the foot stalls are attached to the bulkhead. The cabin is quite small too so should be nice and quiet- in my experiences infants are normally in the bassinet position in the front cabin (3E or 4E).
Old Jan 17, 2012, 11:32 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, Scandic 3rd Floor, PC Pleb, FB Off White, Tufty Club
Welcome to FlyerTalk, dzphilli. Forgive the young mikey2124 for not extending you a welcome in his post

(only kidding mikey!! )
Old Jan 17, 2012, 11:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by FenLandK
Welcome to FlyerTalk, dzphilli. Forgive the young mikey2124 for not extending you a welcome in his post

(only kidding mikey!! )
Hehe- how rude of me! Welcome to FT dzphilli!
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:14 pm

Programs: UA 1P (w/ no expectations whatsoever); Marriott Gold; Hilton Silver; Hertz Pres
Hello all,

Lots of firsts here:

First post here in the BA community. Found out today that I'll be traveling DEN-LHR next month in CW, on the usual 772. This will be my first trip on BA, first trip to Europe, and first time in any kind of premium international product. I'm very excited to say the least; visiting the UK and flying a premium international class are certainly on my bucket list.

Looks like my travel department booked me in 2J. I'm usually a window person but a colleague is traveling in 2G, so I may as well stay where I'm at so I can lean over and chat with him if I needed to briefly. Looks like CW has access to lounges in DEN and LHR as well, another first for me...I'm just your barebones, non-elite DL/UA flyer who occasionally gets the domestic first upgrade with miles or luck and sits at the gate with the other riff raff . Just look at my trips from last year in my signature.

I've browsed some of the pages here (not all 95 of them, but some)...any tips or suggestions on how to get the most enjoyment out of my experience? It's even more exciting that my first premium international trip is on a BA 777...looks like the service blows DL/UA out of the water.

Thanks!
Old Jan 19, 2012, 8:25 pm

Programs: sans status now :(
Best seat in CW on 777 if 10 A, K already taken

Hi,

Sorry if this is a remedial question---it has been a while since I flew on the 777. Flying in the 4 class 777 from LHR to US. If 10 A, K are taken and I want to be as far as possible from any bassinet in WT+, any thoughts on best seats? I know it comes down to personal preference, so please feel free to give yours.

Thanks!
Old Jan 20, 2012, 1:30 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Originally Posted by CaptKornDog
Hello all,

Lots of firsts here:

First post here in the BA community. Found out today that I'll be traveling DEN-LHR next month in CW, on the usual 772. This will be my first trip on BA, first trip to Europe, and first time in any kind of premium international product. I'm very excited to say the least; visiting the UK and flying a premium international class are certainly on my bucket list.

Looks like my travel department booked me in 2J. I'm usually a window person but a colleague is traveling in 2G, so I may as well stay where I'm at so I can lean over and chat with him if I needed to briefly. Looks like CW has access to lounges in DEN and LHR as well, another first for me...I'm just your barebones, non-elite DL/UA flyer who occasionally gets the domestic first upgrade with miles or luck and sits at the gate with the other riff raff . Just look at my trips from last year in my signature.

I've browsed some of the pages here (not all 95 of them, but some)...any tips or suggestions on how to get the most enjoyment out of my experience? It's even more exciting that my first premium international trip is on a BA 777...looks like the service blows DL/UA out of the water.

Thanks!
Welcome to the BA Community

I have my first ever CW trip tomorrow and found this linki really useful.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13303139-post22.html

have a great trip
Old Jan 20, 2012, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA 1P (w/ no expectations whatsoever); Marriott Gold; Hilton Silver; Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by stewaran
Welcome to the BA Community

I have my first ever CW trip tomorrow and found this linki really useful.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13303139-post22.html

have a great trip
Excellent. Thank you so much!!
Old Jan 21, 2012, 5:03 am

BA 777 3 Class

Originally Posted by mikey2124
Row 10 is good- right by the bulkhead wall so 10D and 10G get a little bit of extra legroom as the foot stalls are attached to the bulkhead. The cabin is quite small too so should be nice and quiet- in my experiences infants are normally in the bassinet position in the front cabin (3E or 4E).
Thanks Mikey - thats helpful. I guess my concern over row 10 is the proximity to the toilets and the WT+ cabin coming forward to use these all night long as the other facilities are a long way back in WT.

Row 1 DEFG 1s occupied and row 2 DE occupied (strange choice for a couple!) but otherwise the cabin is showing completely free. I might have bagged row 2 but I'd like DEFG so the kids can have their own space and hopefully get some decent shuteye! I can honestly say my boys hardly make a noise on a flight and many times we have been complimented on their behaviour (this following the complete look of horror on other passengers faces when they realise they are sitting in close proximity to two little boys). I put it down to the fact that they rarely get any other time when mum and dad are quite happy for them to watch cartoons or play ds for 10 hours!!!!

Maybe I'll stick with row 10 for now but if row 3 (bulkhead in forward cabin) or row 11 (last row before WT+) become available (i.e. no infants travelling) before OLCI is it worth trying the move to these do you think?

Also, anyone have any advice whether there is any chance of row 3 or 11 getting released before OLCI?

Ive spent ages reading through this thread and its really helpful!!!!! Many thanks everyone.

Deb
Old Jan 21, 2012, 6:12 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & GfL, HHons Diamond, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, IHGSpire Elite, Kimpton Inner Circ
BA4 - Seat 1A or further back?

After a wonderful flight on BA0001 on Friday I am returning to LCY on BA0004 on Monday evening, current seat allocation is 1A which was fine for the way out but will it be noise for getting a good night’s sleep on the return leg. Should I try and switch seat? I’d welcome any thoughts.

Also I can’t post without saying a big thank you to the crew on Friday’s outbound service; it was superb in every aspect. Food and service was great, delightful CC and an informative chat with the Captain who gave some valuable insight into what the actual interference is that has been caused by mobile devices historically. Really nice to be given some constructive and objective explanations on the subject.

Take off to landing it may not be the fastest service but by the time you factor in the saving in getting through immigration and the overall level of comfort is a great way to fly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.