Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2010, 2:39 am

Programs: BA gold
I guess it's my turn to post a boring but important question. I will be flying business class for the first time ever on BA Club World LAX-LHR, 1700hrs LAX depature, arriving UK around 11am in August. I will be travelling with a companion as well.

I had a look at the seat map, and see that 62/64 is snagged already - but I guess they are better for solo travellers anyway. I have picked 60J and 60K which are right at the front of the UD.

Club World guide made some mention of extra legroom for these seats but I don't think this will be an issue for us, we're not that tall. Apart from that, I haven't heard much positive/negative comments about these seats so I'm assuming they are ok for us CW-virgins?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 4:20 am

Programs: MUCCI Classe des Flatteurs Preferes, LH SEN, BA silver, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat
Swanhunter, thanks!

I'm also a person who is also cancelling and moving flights at short notice. When I look at how many seats I get booked and then don't fly, I can understand why they overbook...

Should one be happy if a nice window seat opens up due to an upgrade, or miffed that one has been overlooked for said upgrade?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyingbee
Should one be happy if a nice window seat opens up due to an upgrade, or miffed that one has been overlooked for said upgrade?
Be happy you aren't down the back.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 6:51 am

Programs: Mucci Grandee (Upgraded), BA Silver, AZ MilleMiglia
Originally Posted by Stez
I guess it's my turn to post a boring but important question. I will be flying business class for the first time ever on BA Club World LAX-LHR, 1700hrs LAX depature, arriving UK around 11am in August. I will be travelling with a companion as well.

I had a look at the seat map, and see that 62/64 is snagged already - but I guess they are better for solo travellers anyway. I have picked 60J and 60K which are right at the front of the UD.

Club World guide made some mention of extra legroom for these seats but I don't think this will be an issue for us, we're not that tall. Apart from that, I haven't heard much positive/negative comments about these seats so I'm assuming they are ok for us CW-virgins?
They are indeed excellent - look forward to a good trip.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

My only complaint about 60K would be the absence of a window just behind your head, so there is a bit less natural light. 60J might also be mildly irritated by the lav traffic. Certainly nothing wrong with them. However you might want to consider 63JK if available.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 7:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
Folks flying home from Boston tonight on the 212 in club. At the min BA is showing alot of seats available up and down. Picked 64K but perhaps anyone with a bit more of experience: Should I stay put?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 7:09 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Yes, 64k is great. Private, no draught from the exit a-la 62k, no-one to step over.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 7:21 am

Programs: Muccihood de la Rotisserie Doree, BAEC Gold, SAS Eurobonus basic, Ansett Golden Wing :-(
Originally Posted by Teece
Yes, 64k is great. Private, no draught from the exit a-la 62k, no-one to step over.
Worth noting if upper deck is not available that 14K downstairs has all these advantages too, and you will probably be off the aircraft ahead of the upper deck pax. It does not have side bins though.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 9:22 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by James S
Worth noting if upper deck is not available that 14K downstairs has all these advantages too, and you will probably be off the aircraft ahead of the upper deck pax. It does not have side bins though.
Thanks for the advice guys. Bit off topic but buy an iPad asap, great piece of technology. Can't wait to show off when I get to the emerald isle.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 9:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Originally Posted by ardboe
Folks flying home from Boston tonight on the 212
Who assigns the flight numbers?
If there were a number that's just screaming to be a flight from NYC, this is it.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 9:56 am

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
Originally Posted by Teece
No, you have misunderstood this. The "draught" is actually a feature:

62K has a subtle cool breeze that keeps you fresh and dry on the overnight flight
Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Originally Posted by Lobengula
62K has a subtle cool breeze that keeps you fresh and dry on the overnight flight
I definitely prefer it. I think it's just as private as 64K, if not more so (you don't get people staring at you while they're waiting for the loo, and the crew rest seats mean no seated passenger can see you) and it feels less claustrophobic. I actually like being able to see that their are other pax in the cabin, rather than just facing a wall.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

My problem is that the cool breeze from the exit can - if the door doesn't fit that well - be more of an arctic gale than makes for very cold feet and lower legs. Cold enough that 2 pairs of sock and 2 duvets aren't enough to keep you warm.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:14 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Originally Posted by LeisureFirst
I definitely prefer it. I think it's just as private as 64K, if not more so (you don't get people staring at you while they're waiting for the loo, and the crew rest seats mean no seated passenger can see you) and it feels less claustrophobic. I actually like being able to see that their are other pax in the cabin, rather than just facing a wall.
On a day flight, 62K is significantly darker, due to the missing windows by the door, whereas 64K has three and a half all to itself. I also prefer 64K for a rapid exit, thus getting the jump at immigration. Either seat is very good, though.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 1:29 am

Programs: BA gold
Thanks for your feedback guys. ^ Unfortunately my only choices of pair on the UD is 60 or 61 on J or K. Think I will move them to 61 to have some more windows!

Originally Posted by BAAZ
They are indeed excellent - look forward to a good trip.
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
My only complaint about 60K would be the absence of a window just behind your head, so there is a bit less natural light. 60J might also be mildly irritated by the lav traffic. Certainly nothing wrong with them. However you might want to consider 63JK if available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.