Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2010, 5:02 pm

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by badoc
Thank you clubman but I have trawled through all the threads here, including your suggestion. Still doesn't answer the question though, can I believe the BA seat plan given there are 40J and 48J 772's operating? There is no row 5 on the available seat choices, does this mean the LGW-MLE route on that day is definitely a 40J product? I have read that BA use the RR powered 772's for the MLE route, in which case it should (I think) be a 48J config (all the MM series) but everything I see on ba.com seems to contradict this. Any suggestions. BA C/S have been little help so far.
My return flight for MLE in December was operated by G-YMMB (an LHR aircraft) I believe with a crew rest above the Club cabin. This had NGCW, 5 rows and AVOD. Note that this aircraft displayed 4 rows up until OLCI when a 5th was added.

Thanks.

tom139
Old Mar 7, 2010, 1:32 am

the a/c to mle will be the G-YMMF as the lenth of the flight means the crew need the bunks so there will be 5 rows in the fwd cabin lgw 29
Old Mar 7, 2010, 3:25 am

Programs: BA Silver - QF Lifetime Silver
The only aircraft to have operated this rotation this year are G-YMMB &
G-YMMF. Both reported to have 5 rows in the forward cabin. Obviously
between now and October LHR/LGW 777 allocations may alter.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 3:38 am

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le médecin personnel à PUCCI GALORE
That's great, thank you everyone. How do you know all this? Doesn't this defeat the point of seat pre-reservation that BEAC offers us? Is there anything they can do to automatically swap our seats into row 5/4 when the extra row goes online?
Old Mar 7, 2010, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by badoc
That's great, thank you everyone. How do you know all this? 1) Doesn't this defeat the point of seat pre-reservation that BEAC offers us? 2) Is there anything they can do to automatically swap our seats into row 5/4 when the extra row goes online?
1) Yes it does. Paying will only guarantee that you are sitting together in the event of a different seating configuration.

2) No, I very much doubt it.

AFAIK BA will not know the plane config that will be used on a particular flight until a day or two in advance in which case they will always show the 4 row config untill OLCI.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 5:28 am

Hey. Newbie here and have decided to try BA for my flight to LAX this coming wed in CW.

At the moment there are 14 avaliable seats in upper deck and should I pay extra to reserve 64A, I'm 6'4", or is that a misstake with regards to possibility of an infant coming along and move me?( ie will the money I spend on reserving the seat be forefi if I'm moved)

Or if I shoud wait for OLCI since I'm flying CPH-LHR and can do the OLCI 28 hrs before the rest on the LHR-LAX flight?

Chiro
Old Mar 7, 2010, 3:01 pm

Programs: BAEC, HHonors, East Coast Mainline, Sheraton
You missed the ZZZs out lol
Old Mar 7, 2010, 3:06 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, A|Club, Tesco CC, Costa Coffee Club
Originally Posted by chiro72a
...At the moment there are 14 avaliable seats in upper deck and should I pay extra to reserve 64A...
You can't pay to reserve seats on the upper deck. Before OLCI, these are only available to passengers with status in BA Executive Club (that is, holders of Silver Card or above). Sorry!

Oh, and welcome to FlyerTalk!

Last edited by larryflyer; Mar 7, 2010 at 3:07 pm Reason: Forgot my manners!
Old Mar 7, 2010, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Hey. Newbie here and have decided to try BA for my flight to LAX this coming wed in CW.

At the moment there are 14 avaliable seats in upper deck and should I pay extra to reserve 64A, I'm 6'4", or is that a misstake with regards to possibility of an infant coming along and move me?( ie will the money I spend on reserving the seat be forefi if I'm moved)

Or if I shoud wait for OLCI since I'm flying CPH-LHR and can do the OLCI 28 hrs before the rest on the LHR-LAX flight?

Chiro
Hey chiro72a!

Unfortunately, under the scheme to pay to reserve your seat, you are unable to pay to reserve a seat on the upper deck. Also, I was under the impression that 64A would not be available for pre-selection till -72 hours before departure.

If I were you, I would not pay to reserve your seat and be there to check in -28 hours before departure when you check in for your CPH flight and take your chance. At the end of the day, there really is not a "bad" club world seat, and you may very well still be able to get a good seat on the upper deck when you OLCI.

I hope you enjoy your flight with BA, Club World is a great hard product.

Regards,
Old Mar 7, 2010, 3:13 pm

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb

Chiro
Welcome to FT chiro72a

You can't reserve a seat on the upper deck. It is reserved for silver/golds and full fare paying passengers. As you will do the check in 28h before flight you will have a reasonable chance to get some seats there.

Now, upper deck is good but there are also plenty of good seats on the main deck. I would recommend a window/aisle pair. I wouldn't pay extra for seating. Just check in early and in the worst case, ask the crew to help you sit together. Seat swapping is much more easy on the main deck compared with upper deck. On the upper deck people tend to be much more protective about their seats

I've done the LHR-LAX many times, please drop me a PM if you want to ask a question in Swedish
Old Mar 7, 2010, 3:26 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
Hey chiro72a!

I hope you enjoy your flight with BA, Club World is a great hard product.
I hope I'm not being too disingenuous here, but is this a tacit admission that the food, IFE are sub-par?
Old Mar 7, 2010, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flatbedfan
I hope I'm not being too disingenuous here, but is this a tacit admission that the food, IFE are sub-par?
No, not by any means... Just that the hard product is very good.

I find the service and IFE great, but some people do not. But the Hard Product, seat, is one of the best in the sky for a Business Class product.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 3:48 pm

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
No, not by any means... Just that the hard product is very good.

I find the service and IFE great, but some people do not. But the Hard Product, seat, is one of the best in the sky for a Business Class product.
Agreed, I had my very first CW trip many years ago. It was London-Harare and I had an Op-Up to upper deck (I was a new blue member). At that time it was the cradle seat. Sorry BBB this must have been when you had a propeller beanie on your head dreaming of a job in the travel industry

Today the CW seat is second to none when it comes to privacy and comfort. I think the food and service is excellent but I guess this is very individual, some people are very demanding
Old Mar 7, 2010, 4:58 pm

Hello again.

Have now confirmed seat 64K

Chiro
Old Mar 7, 2010, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hello again.

Have now confirmed seat 64K

Chiro
Ha hah! Someone has status that he is not telling us about then!

I have 64K for coming back from SFO in May... I am very excited about it!

Welcome to FT too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.