Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2011, 9:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
I'm wondering if it's better this time to get on the LD on the E,F seats or will 64A/B will be good?
The E/F seats are very cosy and great for couples. The advantages of E/F is that you are not disturbed by people walking in the aisle, however, you would both have to step over someone to get to the aisle, unless you are in row 20 on the 70J.

Someone posted a trip report with a great photo of the E/F seats but I cannot for the life of me find it.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 3:05 am

Thank you both JumboD and Mikey2124 for your considered and detailed responses...I really do appreciate it.

I'm not Gold unfortunately so no advantage there but will keep an eye on the situation over the next few months.

Many thanks and safe travelling.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 3:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL Diamond, QF Platinum, SPG Plat Amb
LHR-SFO

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Would like some help regarding this,

I'm flying with my wife (LHR-SFO) on the 70J 747 in Club World.

I've done the LAX trip on the UD and always got 64A which I love. I'm wondering if it's better this time to get on the LD on the E,F seats or will 64A/B will be good?
Unless you have a need to be first off the aircraft, sit upstairs. I prefer 64A/B is a good choice since you both have aisle access without stepping over anyone.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 1:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SK *G, Hertz President's Circle
Having just flown EZE-LHR on a three-class 777, I thought I'd share my experience and changed opinion on seats.

On LHR-EZE I was in 5A, and while I did not have to climb over anyone to get to the aisle and I was able to be the first off the plane, the lack of the middle window made the seat feel very claustrophobic and made me realise that if I have a window seat, I really want to be able to see outside.

So, on the return leg, I chose 2A, and this was a far more pleasant experience. Granted, I was not the first off the plane and I did have to climb over a gentleman to get to the aisle, but it was a positive experience.

I suppose the moral of the story is that if you like a window seat in CW, virtually any seat except for 5A/K is good.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 6:17 am

Programs: BA Avios
Question BA 777 World Club Seating config...dumb question!

First, I want to apologize in advance for the posting, however, I have looked and looked a feel a bit confused about the seating config/arrangements relative to traveling with another person in Club World on a BA777!

As I look at the seatmap, the Club World 777 offers 2-4-2 seating.

It almost appears that in the middle section (4) seats, that the aisle seats (D &G) are independent of the middle on each side and the two middle seats (E & F) are arranged to be together.

My question is can the seat/s be configured so that the aisle and adjacent seats (e.g. D/E, or F/G) are partnered with privacy for the E or F from the D or G??

Again, my apologies for this post but would appreciate any info I can use in booking an upcoming flight for me and my wife!

Thank you in advance to anyone who responds.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 6:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Platinum Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by ddschur
First, I want to apologize in advance for the posting, however, I have looked and looked a feel a bit confused about the seating config/arrangements relative to traveling with another person in Club World on a BA777!

As I look at the seatmap, the Club World 777 offers 2-4-2 seating.

It almost appears that in the middle section (4) seats, that the aisle seats (D &G) are independent of the middle on each side and the two middle seats (E & F) are arranged to be together.

My question is can the seat/s be configured so that the aisle and adjacent seats (e.g. D/E, or F/G) are partnered with privacy for the E or F from the D or G??

Again, my apologies for this post but would appreciate any info I can use in booking an upcoming flight for me and my wife!

Thank you in advance to anyone who responds.
Sorry there is no way you can do this, the E & F seats are great for a couple travelling together but must be the worst if you're sat next to somebody you don't know.
Old May 1, 2011, 12:05 pm

Programs: Exec Plat. American Plat. Starwood
CWLCY LAX to LHR Seat ?

I am on the above configuration(747) from LAX to LHR and got seat 11J which doesn't show on seat guru and on BA's seat plan shows it a row ahead of the bulk head row. Has anyone been on this or familiar?
Old May 1, 2011, 12:24 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by tomcal38
I am on the above configuration(747) from LAX to LHR and got seat 11J which doesn't show on seat guru and on BA's seat plan shows it a row ahead of the bulk head row. Has anyone been on this or familiar?
You've set us quite a conundrum there

What is the flight number? It is not BA1509 per chance?
Old May 1, 2011, 12:55 pm

Programs: Exec Plat. American Plat. Starwood
It is BA 0278 departing 3:55 and was booked in WTPlus
Old May 1, 2011, 4:15 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by tomcal38
It is BA 0278 departing 3:55 and was booked in WTPlus
11J is def a WT+ seat and is on seatguru and also as below. Maybe a gremlin in the ba seating plan?

http://seatexpert.com/seatmap/90/Bri...n_Club_World)/
Old May 1, 2011, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by ba273
Sorry there is no way you can do this, the E & F seats are great for a couple travelling together but must be the worst if you're sat next to somebody you don't know.
Yes the E&F are great for couples/people traveling together, the best pairs are 20 as mentioned before and 14 if on the Hi J 744. There always used to be a curtain that came from the bulkhead to the back of the D & G seats further enhancing your privacy.
Old May 1, 2011, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by PETER01
11J is def a WT+ seat and is on seatguru and also as below. Maybe a gremlin in the ba seating plan?

http://seatexpert.com/seatmap/90/Bri...n_Club_World)/
I've gone off SeatExpert after I noticed that they said
Seat: 1K
IFE: None
Type: Recliner
Power: None

the same as

Seat: 53B
IFE: None
Type: Recliner
Power: None

Which I found wrong in the extreme and the only airline I found like this was BA, all the others I looked at have correct info. So I went back to SeatGuru instead. http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Bri..._747-400_B.php
Old May 8, 2011, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA 1MM
Is 4K on the LH 763 blocked for Gold?

I wanted seat 4K on an upcoming flight, and the Expert Flyer seat map shows it open, while the BA seat map (when I go to select my seat) shows it as occupied. My experience has been that EF will show 1A/K on the 744 as open while BA shows them as occupied, but EF marks them specifically as "premium" (with the little "P"). Worth calling BA, or just wait for OLCI to see what's what?
Old May 8, 2011, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
NF Cot seat?
Old May 8, 2011, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
It's not a crew rest seat, is it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.