Seating Queries: Club World

Old Apr 19, 11, 6:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Padmeister View Post
Hi Lady1964

Maybe you should look at it another way!

At the point of booking your flights and your about to pay if the cost was 6360 instead of 6000 would you of still booked the flights?

I think the answer would be YES! If i was in your situation it would not bother me spending a further 360 to choose my seats and know my daughter is by my side or close by than not pay and be concerned about her and not relax and enjoy the experience of CW! Catch my drift?

But i do no what you mean about having to pay to choose your seat after spending so much money in the first place but unfortunately thats a privilege to our SILVER AND GOLD superiors! to be able to choose there seat for free!

I will be in your shoes next year as i will take my girlfriend and myself to Sydney Australia and that will cost about 8k and then i will choose my own seats at a further 360 like your goodself may pay for

The joys of been a BLUE member

Paddy has sort of summed it up for you lady1964

These days, LGW flights seem to be going out chock a block in all cabins in the school holidays filled with a lot of status pax! My flight back from PUJ in late July has half of the seats in CW already occupied (including us 5) and we think seat selection is a lovely benefit. It is really nice to be able to know where you will be sitting other than worrying about being split up at OLCI! It is very unlikely that you will be moved in CW on a 3-class 777 either, but the one thing that may happen is that the aircraft will change from a 40J 777 to a 48J 777 which means that 4AB, 3DEFG and 4JK will not be the last row in the front cabin.

Also may I suggest that you should go for window/aisle pairs if you pay for seat selection- me and my older brother + sister had 10ABD on the way to UVF which were perfect, they allowed us to easily talk and we preferred them to the DEF seats which we had back from HKG because they gave us more personal space
Old Apr 20, 11, 2:11 am

^
Originally Posted by mikey2124 View Post
Paddy has sort of summed it up for you lady1964

These days, LGW flights seem to be going out chock a block in all cabins in the school holidays filled with a lot of status pax! My flight back from PUJ in late July has half of the seats in CW already occupied (including us 5) and we think seat selection is a lovely benefit. It is really nice to be able to know where you will be sitting other than worrying about being split up at OLCI! It is very unlikely that you will be moved in CW on a 3-class 777 either, but the one thing that may happen is that the aircraft will change from a 40J 777 to a 48J 777 which means that 4AB, 3DEFG and 4JK will not be the last row in the front cabin.

Also may I suggest that you should go for window/aisle pairs if you pay for seat selection- me and my older brother + sister had 10ABD on the way to UVF which were perfect, they allowed us to easily talk and we preferred them to the DEF seats which we had back from HKG because they gave us more personal space
Thanks Mikey! ^
Old Apr 20, 11, 2:11 am
formerly known as lady1964

Programs: BA Bronze
Padmeister & Mikey,

Thank you, you both make very eloquent points and ones I will think about. Paddy, you're right, I would have paid the extra 360 at the time of booking the flights, put like that, it's a bit of a no-brainer.

I might take a look in MMB to see how much the cabin is filling up, after all, CUN is a leisure route for us and we go right at the start of the school holidays.

Now to pursuade the hubster to part with another 360
Old Apr 20, 11, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by lady1964 View Post
Padmeister & Mikey,

Thank you, you both make very eloquent points and ones I will think about. Paddy, you're right, I would have paid the extra 360 at the time of booking the flights, put like that, it's a bit of a no-brainer.

I might take a look in MMB to see how much the cabin is filling up, after all, CUN is a leisure route for us and we go right at the start of the school holidays.

Now to pursuade the hubster to part with another 360
No problem Mikey and my Goodself are glad to help

Make the hubster a nice dinner tonight and then drop it in about how i think we should pay the extra so we can all sit together and enjoy the CW experience I think he will agree and if your anything like my girlfriend you will get your own way anyway

But on a serious note you will feel far more comfortable and relaxed having your daughter close to you ^
Old Apr 20, 11, 7:06 am

This is my flight - BA0274 LAS to LHR, 20:55 Tue 24 May 2011, Club World - I've just had a look at the seating and there seem to be very few seats together at all (perhaps 2 x middle pairs & 1 or 2 x window / aisle pair) - do I assume that two of the blocked out seats are actually me and my hubby (but that I'm not supposed to know which two) or that all of the blocked out seats are people who have paid or who have status and if the last pairs of seats go we'll be split up.

I don't care too much where we sit (prefer middle) but definately want to be together but can think of better ways to spend 120 in Vegas. Can anyone advise ?? Many thanks.
Old Apr 20, 11, 7:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1MM
Hi all, I have just been offered and grabbed what seems to me to be a fantastic deal on MMB - upgraded a WT+ booking on the return leg from SYD to LHR for 389. I have 2 quick questions about seat 20A or K on the 747's main deck - (1) how hard is it to get to the aisle if the person in the aisle seat is sleeping and (2) as it is the last row of CW and facing backwards, does everyone in WT stare at you during take off and landing?
Thanks.
Old Apr 20, 11, 8:07 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by jlsw7 View Post
Hi all, I have just been offered and grabbed what seems to me to be a fantastic deal on MMB - upgraded a WT+ booking on the return leg from SYD to LHR for 389. I have 2 quick questions about seat 20A or K on the 747's main deck - (1) how hard is it to get to the aisle if the person in the aisle seat is sleeping and (2) as it is the last row of CW and facing backwards, does everyone in WT stare at you during take off and landing?
Thanks.
Wow that is a good offer for both legs back to LHR! 20 A and K have direct aisle access , but there is a misaligned window.. No one should be staring at you as you will be 'shielded' by the partition from the Economy or WT+ cabin depending on the configuration. http://www.airliners.net/photo/Briti...e2ce5bca40a40f
Old Apr 20, 11, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by janed9388 View Post
This is my flight - BA0274 LAS to LHR, 20:55 Tue 24 May 2011, Club World - I've just had a look at the seating and there seem to be very few seats together at all (perhaps 2 x middle pairs & 1 or 2 x window / aisle pair) - do I assume that two of the blocked out seats are actually me and my hubby (but that I'm not supposed to know which two) or that all of the blocked out seats are people who have paid or who have status and if the last pairs of seats go we'll be split up.

I don't care too much where we sit (prefer middle) but definately want to be together but can think of better ways to spend 120 in Vegas. Can anyone advise ?? Many thanks.
You will not have been assigned seats yet. CW is almost sold out. At the moment there are still plenty of pairs available but there is no guarantee that you will be seated together unless you pay to reserve seats.
Old Apr 20, 11, 8:25 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by janed9388 View Post

3 E/F (Middle pair) and 5 A/B (Window/aisle) seem available and if I were you for a 10 hour flight I think it is worth paying. You may even win it in Vegas before you leave.

Row 5 has a misaligned window but has direct aisle access. Henkybaby did a recent trip in this seat (5A) but don't have time to look just now as going out so do a search. I've been split once and will now pay as it was a very lonely flight! (Although it was on the UD )
Old Apr 20, 11, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by PETER01 View Post
No one should be staring at you as you will be 'shielded' by the partition from the Economy or WT+ cabin depending on the configuration.
Ah, but there is that strange flap thingy (what's it for anyone?) that is opened for take off and landing and you can see the heads of the front row WT+ pax from 15E/F on a 4 class 777 through the opening (depending how tall they are of course). You can also see the front row aisle pax from there when the curtains are open so yes, staring is possible. Who really cares though?
Old Apr 20, 11, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Sorry, can I try this one again, please?
Perhaps my question wasn't specific enough.

How are the seat rows aligned in a 4-class 777?

Originally Posted by T8191 View Post
Completely puzzled by seat maps on the 4-class 777 for our LHR-IAD next week.

It looks as though we're going to have to go for a 'pair' of aisle seats, but the various seat plans on ba.com, SeatGuru and indeed this exalted Forum's Dashboard can't seem to agree on whether the aisle seats are actually aligned with each other or not.

BA.com shows them in straight lines on MMB, this Forum's Dashboard shows either staggered or straight, SeatGuru also shows both options.
It's even more confusing when MMB shows the 777 seating plan, labelled as a 744

I can only assume that the mish-mash of 777 configurations means that until you actually get on the aircraft, with a specific airframe Registration, you have no idea how the seats are actually arranged? That makes the whole thing a lottery, doesn't it?
Old Apr 20, 11, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by PETER01 View Post
3 E/F (Middle pair) and 5 A/B (Window/aisle) seem available and if I were you for a 10 hour flight I think it is worth paying. You may even win it in Vegas before you leave.
I might win it, but I can pretty much guarantee that I'd spend fairly quickly too . I think I'll wait and watch to see if the pairs start booking up but I guess I'll probably pay up eventually.
Old Apr 20, 11, 3:46 pm

Hi all. Long time lurker - first time poster!

Flying CW: LGW - MLE in June on 3 class 777 and can't decide which seats to go for. I've currently got 5A & 5B secured but as someone who enjoys looking out the window more than watching the latest offering from Harry Potter on the 'big' screen, would I be better off elsewhere? (The other half is happy to sit anywhere so long as the IFE works and drink flows!)

Not flown on this version of 777 before so would appreciate some insider help

Thanks

M
Old Apr 20, 11, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The 777 aisles are pretty closely aligned, just a couple of inches ahead on the 2 side iirc.
Old Apr 20, 11, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by misaps View Post
I've currently got 5A & 5B secured but as someone who enjoys looking out the window more than watching the latest offering from Harry Potter on the 'big' screen, would I be better off elsewhere? (The other half is happy to sit anywhere so long as the IFE works and drink flows!)

Not flown on this version of 777 before so would appreciate some insider help

Thanks

M
henkybaby is your friend. See this thread at post # 7.

Palmer

Search this Thread
Search Engine: