Seating Queries: Club World

Old Mar 22, 11, 8:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Amex and some hotels
As you're a GCH, just check the map in MMB.

Some of the 3 class 777s have a row 5, some don't (someone who knows this stuff will probably be able to tell the difference)
I had 5K on a LAS trip recently and it was fine - extra legroom, window, direct aisle access and it had AVOD, but it broke as soon as we left LHR (crew were rubbish, though, as was the food, but that doesn't depend on the aircrraft!!)
Old Mar 22, 11, 11:29 am

Programs: Qantas, BA gold, SPG gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY View Post
This thread might be worth a look.
Thanks to HIDDY and LHR-HUB. I didn't find that thread when I searched, and the information is useful. I'll stay with 5A
Old Mar 23, 11, 3:22 am

Programs: MUCCI - Order of the Diamond Hairbrush and Champion of Queens,BA Broon,HH Diamond,PC Plat,BA Amex
Sorry chaps / chapesses --- had to give this a bump.

Can anyone help with my earlier post #747 ?

Thanks,

Rickers
Old Mar 23, 11, 4:01 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Rickers View Post
Sorry chaps / chapesses --- had to give this a bump.

Can anyone help with my earlier post #747 ?

Thanks,

Rickers
I have not flown to the US for years, but can understand the comment you make.

I think the answer lies in a combination of what is most important to you? The likely additional comfort and quiet on the UD for 7 hours, which comes at a cost, or a cost saving and quick exit on the MD, which may be more busy, etc.

Whilst I would always choose the UD, especially as I do not have to pay, I think on the outbound you should save your money, travel on the MD and get to the immigration desks quickly so that you can start your visit as soon as possible!

Have a good trip.
Old Mar 23, 11, 5:35 am

Programs: QF, JL, QR, McDonalds loyalty coffee card
BA15 LHR-SIN-SYD.
Can anyone advise on the service level and quality of the business class cabin, as I can't find anything more current than 2010.
Old Mar 23, 11, 5:59 am

Programs: BAEC, Flying Blue
Tactical seating (ie blocking)

Here's one for those of us who fly with kids.

I've booked our holiday to the USA from ARN to LAX via IAD in CW. Since we're travelling with an infant, we can pre-select our seats for free, but when checking for the best ones on the outgoing flight (4-class 777) I see that seats 15 D&F are taken. The cot seat being 15E. I assume some wiseguy is keen on the privacy and added space of 15E&F so they got the ones closest to discourage someone like me who wants to use the space for kiddo. I know that 15K is also a "cot" seat, but nowhere near enough space for our little tot to wallow around in. Space for kid = peace and quiet for all.

What next? Should I call their bluff and select 15 E&G and then see what the FA / ground staff have to say about it on the day??
Old Mar 23, 11, 9:10 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by Clubhopper View Post
Here's one for those of us who fly with kids.

I've booked our holiday to the USA from ARN to LAX via IAD in CW. Since we're travelling with an infant, we can pre-select our seats for free, but when checking for the best ones on the outgoing flight (4-class 777) I see that seats 15 D&F are taken. The cot seat being 15E. I assume some wiseguy is keen on the privacy and added space of 15E&F so they got the ones closest to discourage someone like me who wants to use the space for kiddo. I know that 15K is also a "cot" seat, but nowhere near enough space for our little tot to wallow around in. Space for kid = peace and quiet for all.

What next? Should I call their bluff and select 15 E&G and then see what the FA / ground staff have to say about it on the day??
I would book 15J&K. BA don't guarantee to seat the entire family together so I believe the most that would happen if you book 15 E&G is that you could ask the parties who have 15 D&F to swap. That might work but if it doesn't everybody could end up having a miserable flight.
Old Mar 24, 11, 11:53 pm

Programs: QF, JL, QR, McDonalds loyalty coffee card
Couples - window + aisle - overnight

For an overnight flight which would be better combination - 11A & 11B, or 11A & 12B. Doesn't,

. 11A have to exit via 12B; and
. 10A exit via 11B
ie: stepping over the foot of the aisle pax flat bed, or have I misunderstood the seat map?
Old Mar 25, 11, 12:42 am

Programs: British Airways Silver, Tesco, BA Amex, Kris Flyer
62K - 747

My boss has been forced by the office to fly on BA metal rather than his beloved Singapore Airlines (SIN-LHR).

I keep telling him that it really will be ok and I've suggested he takes 62K (as it is available).

Any thoughts on if there is a better seat to advise him of would be much appreciated.
Old Mar 25, 11, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Excellent seat IMHO ( my favorite) Some prefer 64k.

62K has unlimited leg room, right by the emergency exit door so no need to climb over the aisle pax and you might even get to chat to the crew when they are seated in front of you.

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 25, 11, 2:41 am

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Originally Posted by the_seeker1977 View Post
My boss has been forced by the office to fly on BA metal rather than his beloved Singapore Airlines (SIN-LHR).

I keep telling him that it really will be ok and I've suggested he takes 62K (as it is available).

Any thoughts on if there is a better seat to advise him of would be much appreciated.
Best seat in the CW cabin for most people as it is also a window seat so extra room and storage.

Assuming a Hi-J aircraft my personal preferences are 64A/K then 62A/K and then 14A/K. Preferences between the 64s and 62s are generally purely personal.

If your 62K is available, take it now.

How your boss will cope with the food compared to SQ is a whole different topic
Old Mar 25, 11, 3:25 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL CCR/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Starriott PPE, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Concur with the 62's, although I find myself crouching a bit on exit, I am 6'3", so prefer 64 K or A personally.

Talking of which, availability on UD is getting thinner recently. I have 12 Long haul flights booked, mainly HKG - LHR, up to end of July, and only managed to bag 3 out of the 12 on UD!

No Chilli mud crab for the boss this time then!
Old Mar 25, 11, 3:47 am

Programs: British Airways Silver, Tesco, BA Amex, Kris Flyer
Thanks for advice- he has got 62k! UD is actually pretty empty on the flight, 9 spare seats but row 64 has gone apparently.

No Chilli mud crab for the boss indeed, I hope the service in the UD is good, he is still moaning about BA metal!
Old Mar 25, 11, 6:28 am

Programs: Amex Plat, BA Silver
The BAs policy regarding seating pre-assignments post talks about the UD being opened for "sale" T-14 days out.

Booked on BA0278 LAX - LHR 04/07 but UD has not yet opened up.

Not going to happen or too impatient?
Old Mar 25, 11, 7:01 am

Programs: BA Plastic. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
I don't know how rigid the T-14 Upper Deck booking is, as I have paid for 64A at T-50-odd from JFK to Heathrow.

Was very surprised this was an option for a lowly blue at that far out.
There are only 8 seats showing taken with 6 weeks to go, 3 on the Upper Deck, so maybe it depends how many tickets are available now too?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: