Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2010, 4:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Teece
Always a window pair, whether upstairs or down. Only one of you has to step over a pair of legs to get out, and it's much easier to talk to each other face to face.
That's what we've always ended up with before, dare I risk change... LOL
Old Mar 3, 2010, 4:59 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Definately try and go for AB or JK, the middle pair not good as you still have people either side of you. If you can get UD then you must definately take those they are the best seats in the house^
Old Mar 3, 2010, 5:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold
Might have a chance of getting the upper deck on the outbound as our domestic flight is the evening before, may not be quite as lucky on the way home.

Now if only I could pre-pay for my upper deck seats...
Old Mar 3, 2010, 5:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Originally Posted by JeremyAO
No flaming please! I checked Search and the results were inconclusive.

For those who have travelled on the London City to New York service, what are the views on the best seat/row?

Thus far I've heard 1 is too close to the galley; 2 is good but has a mismatched window; 3,4, 5, and 6 have no view due to the wing; 7 & 8 have good views but no overhead bin. I've also heard that service is from front to rear and so it's best to be close to the front. Anything I've missed?

JAO
Row 1 is indeed quite close to the bathrooms.

I sat in 2A and had no problem with any 'mismatched' windows and would happily sit there again.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 8:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA
Great. Thanks for the tips, all. I'll aim for Row 2.

Ta,

JAO
Old Mar 6, 2010, 8:22 am

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le médecin personnel à PUCCI GALORE
Red face 772 CW Seating (LGW-MLE)

Have seen some contradictions on seating plans for BA 777's out of LGW. Am flying to MLE and have booked seats 4A, 3D, 3E. I think this is the last row but there seems to be some differences of opinion. Does anyone know if the MLE route has the 5 rows of seats in the forward cabin or 4, as the BA seat selection website implies? Don't want to lose that 4A if it is truly the last row!
Old Mar 6, 2010, 9:49 am

hi the A/C to mle will have 5 rows in the fwd cabin hope this helps lgw29
Old Mar 6, 2010, 11:32 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by lgw29
hi the A/C to mle will have 5 rows in the fwd cabin hope this helps lgw29
Not all of them! Some only have 4 rows. Depends on which a/c you are on, varies all the time. If the seat map shows row 5, then you will have 5 rows! Pretty obvious from the seat map - what date are you flying?
Old Mar 6, 2010, 11:40 am

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le médecin personnel à PUCCI GALORE
Am flying on 17th October O/B then 1st Nov I/B. The BA map for the purpose of choosing seats shows 4 rows without the crew rests at 3F/G so I presume it is a 40J configuration, rather than the 36J that is on seatguru. Have heard of people booking this row before and then on OLCI there is another row, that often has been snaffled up already and like the sound of 4A as hate the climing over but love the window - especially into MLE.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 12:10 pm

Programs: LH SEN (*G), BA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Good evening!

I am flying LHR-JFK-EWR-LHR in Club together with my father.

Now I was wondering, what would you recommend:
-Two window seats behind each other
-a window pair

We don’t really care about communicating with each other as we will have more time for that left during the vacation; we rather care about privacy and silence.
What would you recommend?

I will definitely try to get seats on the upper deck on the outbound flight...
Old Mar 6, 2010, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Ahem... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...lub-world.html
Old Mar 6, 2010, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Christian K
We don’t really care about communicating with each other as we will have more time for that left during the vacation; we rather care about privacy and silence.
In that case take two window seats.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Surely this thread should be made a sticky?
Old Mar 6, 2010, 12:58 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, A|Club, Tesco CC, Costa Coffee Club
Originally Posted by sammyh25
...have never travelled in the E/F seats? What do you all think?
Just travelled back from LAS, and decided to try the E/F seats for the first time. Would we choose these again? Yes, probably, subject to:

a. getting a row at the back of a cabin (e.g. we got 4EF on a three class 777), so no need to step over anyone's legs; and

b. it being a nighttime flight, when priority is maximising sleep with no wish to look out of the window.

Even then, I do like to have a view of the ground/horizon if possible for take-off and approach - am at risk of feeling queasy if there is too much banking and turning and I don't have a visual reference. Don't need to be sat next to a window, just have some kind of view (which can be difficult if all the privacy screens are up).

HTH...
Old Mar 6, 2010, 2:41 pm

Thank you clubman but I have trawled through all the threads here, including your suggestion. Still doesn't answer the question though, can I believe the BA seat plan given there are 40J and 48J 772's operating? There is no row 5 on the available seat choices, does this mean the LGW-MLE route on that day is definitely a 40J product? I have read that BA use the RR powered 772's for the MLE route, in which case it should (I think) be a 48J config (all the MM series) but everything I see on ba.com seems to contradict this. Any suggestions. BA C/S have been little help so far.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.