Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2011, 10:12 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Lots of seats to choose from at the moment so I shall be expecting the sociable cabin - as I'm off to ski for a week with a mate I am sure we can find something to do to pass the time
Old Jan 30, 2011, 9:46 am

747 64 AB vs JK Upper deck

Hi People

Our first Club world experience beckons in May and although seats outbound from LHR - JFK still have loads of space on the 777 outbound, the inbound sleeper service 747 has only the seats near the toilet left for pre booking.

Now never having been anywhere near these lofty heights before i'm mindful that we get this right! Are these still great seats (albeit with some risk of noise form galley/toilet) is one set better than the other for couples or will any do and are they better than the lower deck Club world seats?

So defo worth the £80 x 2 costs involved over playing Russina Roulette in the lower deck and not pre booking?

Getting pretty excited now, but mindful we get it just right

Any pointers/advice gratefully received!

Cheers

Rich

Last edited by Richardc77; Jan 30, 2011 at 9:57 am
Old Jan 30, 2011, 9:55 am

Programs: A3 *G; AA EXP
YESSS, get them!

IMO 64JK are the best seats on a 747. The toilet shouldn't be a big problem, there are 2 toilets for 20 people (max)
Old Jan 30, 2011, 9:57 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Go for the upper deck. Like your own little private jet.

Cheers,
Rick
Old Jan 30, 2011, 10:06 am

Thanks guys, will snap em up before they go then (64JK)!

No again im green on these things...does the Cliub lounge at LHR get you a complimentary breakfast or lunch...?

I really have no clue about what you get when you fly Club, or are we paying a visit to Ramseys again for food...?

Cheers

Rich
Old Jan 30, 2011, 10:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
I have not been fortunate enough yet to fly on the UD but i no alot of the FT experts on here swear by the UD and if you have a chance of getting some seats in the loft then go for it! ^
Old Jan 30, 2011, 10:09 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Richardc77

No again im green on these things...does the Cliub lounge at LHR get you a complimentary breakfast or lunch...?

I really have no clue about what you get when you fly Club, or are we paying a visit to Ramseys again for food...?

Cheers

Rich
Yep, there are bacon rolls and things before 9:30. After that there is pasta/sandwiches/salad/curry. All with free booze.

Nothing too special, but it does the trick.

Cheers,
Rick
Old Jan 30, 2011, 10:14 am

Cheers

Rich
Richard i am sure if you get to the lounge nice and early you could have some breakfast/lunch and some drinks before your flight i have only travelled Club Europe so far from T3 but we got there about lunch time and i had chicken tikka masala but its literally help yourself to whatever is there including drinks/wine/champagne (ask for champagne mind!)

There are crisps and all sorts of snacks and also tea and coffee etc etc.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 10:16 am

This forum continues to amaze me! So helpful and it clearly has a big readership as the response time is amazing! Obviously you're a clever lot

Thanks again, seats now booked, so i just need to work out the seats on the 777 from LHR now, would the wing 12 JK be a good bet, i'm keen (for obvious reasons!) to be isolated from any potential babies...

I was tempted as its cost a few quid s ofar to take a punt outbound but i know if i get it wrong the wife will be telling me so!

Rich
Old Jan 30, 2011, 10:23 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
This forum continues to amaze me! So helpful and it clearly has a big readership as the response time is amazing! Obviously you're a clever lot

Thanks again, seats now booked, so i just need to work out the seats on the 777 from LHR now, would the wing 12 JK be a good bet, i'm keen (for obvious reasons!) to be isolated from any potential babies...

I was tempted as its cost a few quid s ofar to take a punt outbound but i know if i get it wrong the wife will be telling me so!

Rich
And you know just how the play the people here: flattery will get you everywhere! Have a good flight!
Old Jan 30, 2011, 10:23 am

Rich
There a fantastic bunch on here they really are i would love to meet alot of them! 12j/k look good to me but we need one of the guru's to come along and show us how its done someone who knows the 777 and 747 inside out would be good mate.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

12K would be a mistake as it has a missing window. No seats are that special on the 777 4class, but row 10 will serve.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 10:38 am

Swanhunter is right after looking on Seat Guru row 10 would be a much better option.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 10:42 am

10AB about to be booked then, is the first row close to the bassinets and the possibility of little monsters screaming though? This is my number one stressful flight scenario

Can anyone confirm that?

Thanks for advice again.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 10:53 am

10AB about to be booked then, is the first row close to the bassinets and the possibility of little monsters screaming though? This is my number one stressful flight scenario

Can anyone confirm that?

Thanks for advice again.
Richard you sound just like me the thought of a screaming brat on a long flight in Club World would be my worst nightmare especially after spending so much money to sit in CW in the first place

I am sure the Bassinet position is at row 15 at the other end and not at row 10

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.