Seating Queries: Club World

Old Feb 24, 10, 7:14 am
  #16  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ireland
Programs: No longer bothered chasing FF status.
Posts: 2,345
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
......all in one place so the rest of the forum is not filled with seating questions.
As I've said I think it's a great idea for a thread, although it may need to be closly monitored & trimmed a little occasionally so as not to let it get too unwieldy.

If it proves to be successful, I wonder should it (along with the F thread) be stickied, as if activity dies off every so often, it will disappear off the first page, into the depths. Resulting in a re-emergence of seating question threads.

While any new threads or quires on the subject can be merged to this thread, it would put unnecessary additional work on to the Mod team.
kered is offline  
Old Feb 24, 10, 7:38 am
  #17  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: SE1, London
Posts: 21,892
Originally Posted by kered View Post
While any new threads or quires on the subject can be merged to this thread, it would put unnecessary additional work on to the Mod team.
In all honesty the merging process is very easy. It is producing the content that takes the time.
Swanhunter is online now  
Old Feb 24, 10, 9:22 am
  #18  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London WC2/W1
Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Posts: 6,627
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer View Post
Here's a Club World seating query to help this thread along - when is BA going to apply the same rules as they do for 1A/K in First to the 'best' seats on UD?

I'm getting fed-up with all these impertinent Silvers nicking 64K!
Golds travelling in CW are travelling below their station: you're supposed to be in F, and then you'll get some benefit!

62 A/K, 64 A/K and other extra legroom seats should be allocated to those passengers with special needs, i.e., over 6'2". Really, if I wasn't tall I'd be perfectly happy in any other UD window seat - I don't mind steppnig over someone.
LeisureFirst is offline  
Old Feb 24, 10, 10:17 am
  #19  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somerset/Dorset/Wiltshire borders, England [home].
Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Posts: 6,154
Originally Posted by LeisureFirst View Post
Golds travelling in CW are travelling below their station: you're supposed to be in F, and then you'll get some benefit!

62 A/K, 64 A/K and other extra legroom seats should be allocated to those passengers with special needs, i.e., over 6'2". Really, if I wasn't tall I'd be perfectly happy in any other UD window seat - I don't mind steppnig over someone.
Well I'm Gold and 6'4". It's how people achieve Gold travelling in Y that I am in awe of.
Phil the Flyer is offline  
Old Feb 24, 10, 10:48 am
  #20  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 704
Helpful thread thanks, especially with the links to the seat plans.

Flying to LAS on a 3 class 777. Can anyone comment on the merits of 3E? It looks quite private but a worry would be noise and disturbance from the Galley. Would you opt for both 4A and 3K as your first choice seats?
CatchThePigeon is offline  
Old Feb 24, 10, 3:05 pm
  #21  
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Carbon Conscious Travel
2020 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: London, UK
Posts: 19,640
Seat plan upload to OP complete (at least as far as CW is concerned)
Prospero is offline  
Old Feb 24, 10, 3:08 pm
  #22  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,959
Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
Seat plan upload to OP complete (at least as far as CW is concerned)
I LOVE the photos Mr Prospero . I am mighty impressed.

Congratulations my favourite moderator. Well joint with that Hunter of Swans....

However, the last seat map is of a 3 class not a 4 class 777 !!
andset1191 is offline  
Old Feb 24, 10, 3:13 pm
  #23  
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Carbon Conscious Travel
2020 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: London, UK
Posts: 19,640
Originally Posted by andset1191 View Post
I LOVE the photos Mr Prospero . I am mighty impressed.

Congratulations my favourite moderator. Well joint with that Hunter of Swans....

However, the last seat map is of a 3 class not a 4 class 777 !!
Many thanks for the ^.

Ironically, the three class 48J 777 needed to be drawn from scratch and after all that I go and make a bunder with the sub title. Back to the editing suite
Prospero is offline  
Old Feb 24, 10, 4:41 pm
  #24  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: County Tyrone
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 1,477
Hi all,

long time reader of the forum and thanks to many of you for some great advice. Could someone please help me and offer some advice on the laptop power options in CW. All being well i'll get to use it unless the strike decides otherwise

Thanks
ardboe is offline  
Old Feb 24, 10, 4:44 pm
  #25  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ireland
Programs: No longer bothered chasing FF status.
Posts: 2,345
Hi & a very warm welcome to FT ardboe & in particular the BA Board ^

CW on all but the 767, has a UK/Euro/U.S. combo socket, providing 220V ac. So you can just plug in as you would normally do at a wall outlet.

Edited to add....

As can been seen in the bottom left corner of This Picture.

Further edit / Correction The power socket will accept European or US type plugs. If you have a UK plug you'll need either a US or European adapter, I was incorrect to state that it could be used with a UK plug. Which does seem a bit strange, given that it is "British" Airways

Last edited by kered; Feb 24, 10 at 4:55 pm Reason: Add picture link / Correction
kered is offline  
Old Feb 24, 10, 4:47 pm
  #26  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: County Tyrone
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 1,477
Originally Posted by kered View Post
Hi & a very warm welcome to FT ardboe & in particular the BA Board ^

CW on all but the 767, has a UK/Euro/U.S. combo socket, providing 220V ac. So you can just plug in as you would normally do at a wall outlet.
Thanks for the advice.^
ardboe is offline  
Old Feb 24, 10, 5:03 pm
  #27  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: County Tyrone
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 1,477
Originally Posted by kered View Post
Hi & a very warm welcome to FT ardboe & in particular the BA Board ^

CW on all but the 767, has a UK/Euro/U.S. combo socket, providing 220V ac. So you can just plug in as you would normally do at a wall outlet.

Edited to add....

As can been seen in the bottom left corner of This Picture.

Further edit / Correction The power socket will accept European or US type plugs. If you have a UK plug you'll need either a US or European adapter, I was incorrect to state that it could be used with a UK plug. Which does seem a bit strange, given that it is "British" Airways
That is strange that its not a UK plug. Maybe something to do with the power requirements- im not sure but I thought UK plugs voltage is higher than the US
ardboe is offline  
Old Feb 24, 10, 5:28 pm
  #28  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ireland
Programs: No longer bothered chasing FF status.
Posts: 2,345
Correct UK voltage is higher than the U.S. as is European voltage.

220/240 versus 110, but given that the Euro plugs can be used, I doubt it's a voltage / power issue.

Just thinking about it as I write, it could be due to the way the cable exits a UK compared to a U.S. or Euro plug. With a UK plug the cable exist from the bottom, whereas with U.S. or Euro plugs it comes straight out. Meaning that the socket can be mounted closer to the floor, if only U.S. & Euro plugs are used, as you don't need to factor in enough height for the cable.

Maybe not, just a thought !
kered is offline  
Old Feb 24, 10, 5:44 pm
  #29  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,922
Originally Posted by ardboe View Post
Hi all,

long time reader of the forum and thanks to many of you for some great advice. Could someone please help me and offer some advice on the laptop power options in CW. All being well i'll get to use it unless the strike decides otherwise

Thanks
Hope some of this is of use to you.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...top-power.html
hammythehammer is offline  
Old Feb 25, 10, 6:28 am
  #30  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 704
Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon View Post
Helpful thread thanks, especially with the links to the seat plans.

Flying to LAS on a 3 class 777. Can anyone comment on the merits of 3E? It looks quite private but a worry would be noise and disturbance from the Galley. Would you opt for both 4A and 3K as your first choice seats?
Anyone able to offer some pearls of wisdom?
CatchThePigeon is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: