Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2014, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Correct, front to back on the main deck, if we run out of an option we use status, we don't run out of choices as often as some might think.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 12:23 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Correct, front to back on the main deck, if we run out of an option we use status, we don't run out of choices as often as some might think.
How is it working for the cabin crew, getting what ever meals are left over after the passengers have chosen? I dread the thought of you all living on beetroot risotto!
Old Jan 25, 2014, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's not really, we are seeing a lot of sea bass and main course salads at the moment, luckily I love fish.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 12:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by Can I help you
It's not really, we are seeing a lot of sea bass and main course salads at the moment, luckily I love fish.
I had sea bass a few days ago - yummy! With one notable exception, I have never been disappointed with a CW fish meal. I am surprised that so many fish meals are left over. Are they loading crazy amounts of it, or is sea bass not popular with passengers?
Old Jan 25, 2014, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also loving the cheesecake, yum yum.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 2:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Is there a consolidated 787 seating thread?

I've used the very helpful A380 seating thread to pick our outbound F seats for a trip later this year but can't find a 787 version to pick our J return seats.

Any advice re: accommodating a tall OH would be most gratefully received! Also - is there really a 'mini CW cabin' as the seat map seems to suggest in rows 6/7? Thanks in advance folks
Old Jan 27, 2014, 3:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
The dreaded kids in CW question, yet again.

I have never flown BA before, usually use KE or CX.

Yes I searched, but my query is one I didn't find (sorry if I didn't search thoroughly enough)

My wife will possibly travel SIN-LHR-JFK / DEN-LHR-SIN this summer with our two kids. The picture I've seen aren't very clear, but it appears all 777/747 LD have 4 seats across the middle.

Could she have the two middle seats for her and the youngest (2) and still be able to see / talk to my 5 1/2 year old in the "aisle" seat?

KE has a 2-3-2 bix layout so not an issue and in the past on CX, the baby was a lap child and this wasn't an issue with the two middle seats, as my oldest could talk and ask for help across the stowed seat divider thing. I imagine this is probably what would happen anyways (the 2 year old leaving her seat empty and sitting with the wife the whole flight, while the 5 1/2 year old sat next to my wife in the middle).

Anyone have a photo?
Old Jan 27, 2014, 3:34 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by DeepUnderground
Could she have the two middle seats for her and the youngest (2) and still be able to see / talk to my 5 1/2 year old in the "aisle" seat?
Yes, the aisle faces forwards and the middle pair face backwards. There is a divider in between the aisle and middle, which can be kept lowered to see/talk between aisle and middle.
Wife in say E, older child in D, youngest in F may well be best.

Quick google found this: http://neveradullmoment.typepad.com/...89dbc3a970b-pi
Old Jan 27, 2014, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by nux
Yes, the aisle faces forwards and the middle pair face backwards. There is a divider in between the aisle and middle, which can be kept lowered to see/talk between aisle and middle.
Wife in say E, older child in D, youngest in F may well be best.

Quick google found this: http://neveradullmoment.typepad.com/...89dbc3a970b-pi
Quite perfect, thank you so much. That actually looks fantastic for letting the little one have some wiggle/play room on the floor as well.^
Old Jan 27, 2014, 7:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
E and F seats do have a lot of room in the chamber style area they offer - perfect seats for adult and child.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 2:30 am

Originally Posted by BHDATC
E and F seats do have a lot of room in the chamber style area they offer - perfect seats for adult and child.
Thanks to you also. I hope the kids are good in case any of you have to share the cabin with us. The older has been just fine, but the younger still has issues for about the last 30 min due to descent.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 2:33 am

Is there a reference thread for the B777-300ER?
Old Jan 28, 2014, 4:40 am

Using my points for a mini break from UK to New York for the wife and I.

Been put in economy and wondered what are the best seats for the type of flight.

LHR - EWR on 787 allocated seat numbers 21H & 21J
JFK - LHR on 747 allocatedseat numbers 40B & 40C

The seats we have look good but enquiring if there are better ones in my class

Last edited by SheepyAFC; Jan 28, 2014 at 5:04 am
Old Jan 28, 2014, 4:02 pm

I've just booked CW from London to Orlando in April. I thought the aircraft had no F but I notice the CW section begins at row 10. It is a 777 aircraft. Could someone please clarify.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Pepelondontourguide
I've just booked CW from London to Orlando in April. I thought the aircraft had no F but I notice the CW section begins at row 10. It is a 777 aircraft. Could someone please clarify.
Hi,

This will be a 4-class 777 ( with F) but F will not be sold. Only if CW is oversold will they put some pax ( gold car holders may be chosen first) in the f seats but with Club world service.

Regards

TBS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.