Seating Queries: Club World

Closed Thread

Old Jan 1, 14, 9:40 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card
Originally Posted by flightmedic View Post
Have a flight Tuesday and can book seats tomorrow for BA174 JFK/LHR which looks to be a 777 4 class. Most seats look open now. Just me and my wife. I am quite tall and 10JK are open now. Am I correct that row 10 has some extra legroom? If these are not available do all the middle seat pairs such as 11E/F require climbing over someone's legs to get out? Any downside to choosing J/K pair on any row?

We connect through LHR to NBO in first and we have 2E/F for that flight.

Thanks
Be aware that the window on row 10 is missing, so you have to lean right forward to see out. I actually don't mind it at all, but it can be a disappointment for those who like gazing at the sky.

I'd also look at changing 2E/F to 2A and 3A. Interacting through the divider is hard work in F, and you can dine together in any seat, so Mrs W and I usually take a window each for more privacy. The only time I'll take middle seats in F or J is when in travelling with my young children.
Old Jan 8, 14, 7:29 am

Off on a slight tangent, but is there any concern that for us non-Silver/Gold members who can only choose seats 24 hours in advance, that it might be difficult to get two seats together in CW (since I assume most people flying CW are silver/gold and can choose seats further in advance and might have snapped up most of the seats by the time we can)?
Old Jan 8, 14, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
You can always keep and eye on the seats available by following the link to pay for seating and then choose to pay if you get too worried.
I have to say that we can see the seat numbers of people that have paid for their seats on the iPad and I really feel like telling them they are wasting their money.
Old Jan 8, 14, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you View Post
You can always keep and eye on the seats available by following the link to pay for seating and then choose to pay if you get too worried.
I have to say that we can see the seat numbers of people that have paid for their seats on the iPad and I really feel like telling them they are wasting their money.
Hehe this made me chuckle. I would never consider paying for seats. It'll be my first time flying CW and will be far too excited to really care about whether I'm sitting beside my other half or not (although of course, it would be nice to...)
Old Jan 8, 14, 8:22 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by laura711 View Post
Off on a slight tangent, but is there any concern that for us non-Silver/Gold members who can only choose seats 24 hours in advance, that it might be difficult to get two seats together in CW (since I assume most people flying CW are silver/gold and can choose seats further in advance and might have snapped up most of the seats by the time we can)?
The rear facing pair seats are probably the least popular, so unless you want to guarantee particular seats then I would not bother (unless the flight is filling up and you must sit together).
Old Jan 10, 14, 4:41 am

So I took the helpful advice of someone on FT and did a dummy "pay for seat" transaction just to see what availability was like, out of curiosity (FYI - answer is good, plenty of seats left).

I'm confused though because both aircraft appear as "777"s, but the seating plan is different? One has a galley in the middle of it, and one doesn't.

Could someone explain to me the difference - is it because one is a 200 and one a 300?
Old Jan 10, 14, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The one with the galley in the middle sounds like a 3 class B777 with no First.
What is the route?
Old Jan 10, 14, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you View Post
The one with the galley in the middle sounds like a 3 class B777 with no First.
What is the route?
Ah, that seems exactly it - as the CW seating starts in row 1. It is BA10, from BKK to LHR. The other one is BA27 from LHR to HKG, which does have a F class.

Are these both 777-200 (I take it that is the same as 772s)? Still learning lots on this forum... it seems from FT that these both have the new CW?

I would love to fly on a route with upstairs and downstairs CW...
Old Jan 10, 14, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The BKK is a 3 class B777-200, the HKG could be a -200 or -300, the way to check is that the -300 has a row 16.
Old Jan 13, 14, 4:16 am
pb3

Programs: BAEC - Blue - How the once mighty have fallen
Seats for best view of Jamaica on landing?

Hi everyone,

I'll be flying LGW to KIN in the spring. I've paid to select a window seat as I find these are usually gone by the Bronze window of opportunity at T-7.

The aircraft is a 3 class 777 with 48J config. I've chosen 2K at the moment but all the windows seats on the "A" side of the aircraft with the exception of 2A and 3A are available.

Can anyone advise the side of the aircraft that gives the best views of the island on landing / takeoff?

Last edited by pb3; Jan 13, 14 at 4:16 am Reason: grammar
Old Jan 16, 14, 3:05 am

Programs: BA GGL
On a high J 744, any preference on here for 12J over 20A or K or vice versa? Not a sausage left on the UD. I'm looking for seats with extra legroom (and preferably low noise).

Thanks,

BB
Old Jan 16, 14, 4:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Silver, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by pb3 View Post
Hi everyone,

I'll be flying LGW to KIN in the spring. I've paid to select a window seat as I find these are usually gone by the Bronze window of opportunity at T-7.

The aircraft is a 3 class 777 with 48J config. I've chosen 2K at the moment but all the windows seats on the "A" side of the aircraft with the exception of 2A and 3A are available.

Can anyone advise the side of the aircraft that gives the best views of the island on landing / takeoff?
If can't comment on the best view to Jamaica when approaching but for flights west bound the sun is always on the left so I always sit on right "K" side, but not a big deal as you have a window blind.
As for 2K, I often fly the 777-200ER with the 48J to SAN and have found the row 2 AK seats curves slightly as the fuselage tapers in towards the nose and therefore is narrower. I usually take row 3 A or K, but the best seat on the 48J is 5AK as nobody steps over you but there is no window at your head position. Personally I don't like it unless it's a nightly flight as I am not awake to care.

Last edited by alwaysTravelling; Jan 16, 14 at 4:35 am Reason: Grammer
Old Jan 16, 14, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by alwaysTravelling View Post
If can't comment on the best view to Jamaica when approaching but for flights west bound the sun is always on the left so I always sit on right "K" side, but not a big deal as you have a window blind.
As for 2K, I often fly the 777-200ER with the 48J to SAN and have found the row 2 AK seats curves slightly as the fuselage tapers in towards the nose and therefore is narrower. I usually take row 3 A or K, but the best seat on the 48J is 5AK as nobody steps over you but there is no window at your head position. Personally I don't like it unless it's a nightly flight as I am not awake to care.
IIRC the prevailing wind is easterly, so the A side would be favoured for viewing on the approach to RW 12.

Doing LGW-KIN tomorrow, wind forecast is ENE, so it could be approach to either end of RW 12/30!!

Last edited by T8191; Jan 16, 14 at 5:10 am
Old Jan 16, 14, 7:53 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card
The mystery of 64K.

So, 3 of the last 5 times I've booked on the 747 I've found that when I go to choose a seat, the only available UD seat is 64K. Not complaining, but just wondered if there's any reason? I know they were talking about making Row64 for GCHs, did that happen?
Old Jan 16, 14, 7:57 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by Wozza2404 View Post
The mystery of 64K.

So, 3 of the last 5 times I've booked on the 747 I've found that when I go to choose a seat, the only available UD seat is 64K. Not complaining, but just wondered if there's any reason? I know they were talking about making Row64 for GCHs, did that happen?
How far in advance? I think more than 7 days in advance it cannot be purchased by non-status passengers, and is only available to gold and possible silver members.

Search this Thread