Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2010, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I'd prefer NCW on the 767 to the flying dorm on the 777 anyday.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 4:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by marcusr
The middle window out of the three is missing, so you have to lean back or lean forward to look out of the window.

The advantage is that it's a really private little cubby hole, where you don't have to step out over anyone.

I did find I was served last though, as the crew worked from the front of the cabin to the back, and right first, then left.
Thanks - do you happen to know if there are any other non-step-over seats on this configuration? I rather like looking out of the window

After the last few weeks, lack of menu choice won't be a problem ...
Old Jun 4, 2010, 4:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Not from experience, but row 11 should also be step free, but then you're just looking at the wing.

In 5A you just get a good view of the engine anyway :-)
Old Jun 4, 2010, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
I'd prefer NCW on the 767 to the flying dorm on the 777 anyday.
Thanks, I've now plugged my brain in and found many threads alluding to the same thing.

767 it is!
AF
Old Jun 10, 2010, 5:33 am

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion MM, Starwood Gold, Amex Platinum
Seats in Club World

I am taking my first BA flight with my wife from ORD-LHR on a 777. What are the best seats?
Old Jun 10, 2010, 6:03 am

Programs: PC RA, Hertz PC, (Flybe) Premier card, Tesco Platinum
Originally Posted by theWINEguy
I am taking my first BA flight with my wife from ORD-LHR on a 777. What are the best seats?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...h-airways.html
Old Jun 10, 2010, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by theWINEguy
The answer is... it depends:

- Do you want to sit next to your wife (side by side) or facing her?
- Do you mind flying backwards?
- Do you want to sit next to a window?
- Do you want to avoid being stepped over?
- Do you want to avoid stepping over another passenger (even your wife)?
- Do you mind being next to the lavatory?

Depending how you answer those questions could mean that one person's best seats may be your worst seats.

Last edited by SteveF; Jun 10, 2010 at 7:27 am
Old Jun 12, 2010, 5:05 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

LHR-MRU - 777 Seat 10A - Can I see out of the window?

Me, Mrs P and Junior P are travelling to Mauritius on the 8th December for two weeks in CW. I was wondering seat 10A/B and 11A are available as I wish to have two window seats without an obstructed wing view.

I see from various maps row 10 has a 'misaligned' window. Is there and view at all from 10 A. Sad I know but we like to see out for taxing/takeoff/landing etc.

I've never been in CW on a 777. Can anybody advise about this.

Thanks and regards.

Pete
Old Jun 12, 2010, 6:08 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Delta Skymiles, Hilton Honors, IHG One Rewards, Melia Rewards
Originally Posted by PETER01
Me, Mrs P and Junior P are travelling to Mauritius on the 8th December for two weeks in CW. I was wondering seat 10A/B and 11A are available as I wish to have two window seats without an obstructed wing view.

I see from various maps row 10 has a 'misaligned' window. Is there and view at all from 10 A. Sad I know but we like to see out for taxing/takeoff/landing etc.

I've never been in CW on a 777. Can anybody advise about this.

Thanks and regards.

Pete

We're off 2 MRU on 26 Nov in F. I've a feeling though that it will change from a 777 to a 744. That has happened at that time of year the last few years. It's busier in the (uk) winter months.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 6:10 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Flying Blue Gold
it's not sad at all to want to see out the window - that is why they are there afterall!
Row 11 is fine, row 10 is slightly restricted - but if you lean forward you still have your other windows. It depends on the available seats and what you are prepared to have
Old Jun 13, 2010, 3:05 am

I had a window on the way home from mru and the views were amazing. Well worth snagging a few window seats and snapping a few pics.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by imt24
it's not sad at all to want to see out the window - that is why they are there afterall!
Row 11 is fine, row 10 is slightly restricted - but if you lean forward you still have your other windows. It depends on the available seats and what you are prepared to have
Thanks Imt24. Went for 13 A/B for me and Junior P and Mrs P 13 D.

2A,3A,4A on way back ^ on the 23rd Dec. 2 CW (MFU'd to first on the return)and 1 paid CW with a paid one way u/g in sale as there were only 2 reward seats available.

Total was £5,500 app from EDI which isn't bad for 3 Adult CW with the return in F for a 12 hour flight I thought.

Gaz 68. Thanks and I'll be watching for a change to a 747.

Redsox 1918 You're right, the views on the departure from MRU are awesome. I will have my camera at the ready!

Its our 3rd time there and now deciding which hotel (s) to go for only previously having stayed at the Maritim. Think we will maybe go for 2 different ones 7+7.

Thanks

Pete
Old Jun 13, 2010, 10:58 am

Have a look at shandrani, stunning location, great all inclusive (champagne included!), and only a couple of miles from the airport, which is handy for the early morning return flight! We're going for our second visit next march!
Old Jun 13, 2010, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by trvllvr123
Have a look at shandrani, stunning location, great all inclusive (champagne included!), and only a couple of miles from the airport, which is handy for the early morning return flight! We're going for our second visit next march!
Thinking of this for the 2nd week as don't have to go through Port Louis. BA are doing 25% off just now for each night which is a good deal. A 10/15 minute journey on the day of departure sounds great. Thanks

Pete
Old Jun 14, 2010, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, IHG Plat., former LH HON (now Silver), Bonvoy Titanium
Rox 16 in OW in 772 4 class?

I just reserved my seating online at BA for flights 199 and 138, both on 772 in the OW class. The outbound flight LHR-BOM shows 15 rows in OW and the return 16.
What am I missing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.