Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2010, 5:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold,HHilton Diamond VIP,Intercontinental Ambass,Amex
Originally Posted by HilFly
What's the best seat on the UD?

What are the best seats for couples?

What are the best seats travelling with children? (Answer A & K seats - they have 'special' children's seating on the adjacent wings! )

Why do I have to pay to reserve a seat?

Can I pay & reserve a seat on the UD?

Waaaaghh - I want a seat on the UD!

I'm BA Irridium. Can I get an op-up and reserve a seat in CW for my parakeet whose ticket is WT but he's BA Purple? I can't? Waaaaghh - that's why I will never fly with BA again and I'm going to Sleazy Jet, right now!

Ad infinitum.
Just a question...what is BA Irridium & what is BA purple?????
Old May 10, 2010, 6:23 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by babunny
Just a question...what is BA Irridium & what is BA purple?????
There are no such things. (Yet. )

It was my attempt at humor, impersonating a DYKWIA who tries to trump everyone with the color of his shininess.
Old May 12, 2010, 11:16 am

Programs: BAEC, Emirates Skywards, Etihad Guest & HiltonHHonors.
Best seats in CW main cabin.

Originally Posted by Jimmie76
There is a thread dedicated to this very topic - where I suspect this will end up. The reason you can't select the upper deck now is that it is blocked from sale, and the only people who can pick these seats are status pax and full fare. You get the remains at OLCI.
Thanks for that, Jimmie76. It explains a lot.
Cypress
Old May 13, 2010, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by phlashba
So my question now is: If higher status pax can bump me from my seat --- can I then bump a lower status one? E.G. If a Gold (or famous D.J.) boots me from 62K that I reserved at 8 months out would I be put in 62A if someone of status lower than mine is there? I would just seem extremely unjust to choose the seat so early only to lose it at the last minute and be left with the worst choice after everyone else has already done OLCI.
No passengers have the right to 'bounce' you. BA might - very very exceptionally - move a passenger to accomodate a Prem or VIP (think Nelson Mandela here, not Desmond Tutu). Really, don't worry.
Old May 13, 2010, 5:42 am

Programs: BA Gold,HHilton Diamond VIP,Intercontinental Ambass,Amex
Originally Posted by HilFly
There are no such things. (Yet. )

It was my attempt at humor, impersonating a DYKWIA who tries to trump everyone with the color of his shininess.
Thank the lord....I was beginning to think I was was going mad !!!
Old May 13, 2010, 7:18 am

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
No passengers have the right to 'bounce' you. BA might - very very exceptionally - move a passenger to accomodate a Prem or VIP (think Nelson Mandela here, not Desmond Tutu). Really, don't worry.
Thank you Swanhunter!

One can easily get all sorts of impressions from reading these pages. It is easy to imagine all kinds of contingencies. I will relax and not worry about it --- much!
Old May 26, 2010, 4:16 am

Upper Deck or Lower?

Hi all,

So I'm checking in for my first CW flight and have the option for 64A or the seat I've paid to seat 14K...

Is sitting Upper Deck any better? More comfortable?
Old May 26, 2010, 4:18 am

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush. And Nouveau Bronze
UD has a nicer feel to it - that's the best way I can described it. No more comfortable, no different inflight offerings, but a nicer feel.
Old May 26, 2010, 4:24 am

Programs: BA Gold
Take 64 A before it's gone.
Far better than downstairs.
More space (2 big window cupboards) and a better more private experience.
Old May 26, 2010, 4:36 am

Cheers guys, took 64A The plane looks pretty empty which was a surprise, only about 17 seats taken so far out of about 70? Must be the strike!
Old May 26, 2010, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by dannster2010
Cheers guys, took 64A The plane looks pretty empty which was a surprise, only about 17 seats taken so far out of about 70? Must be the strike!
With that load, if you are on a longer night flight and the UD is too hot to sleep, you could always move to the LD.
Certainly UD on a day flight.
Old May 26, 2010, 5:15 am

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
Originally Posted by dannster2010
May we hope for a trip report with pictures?

A trip report without pictures is like a girl without ...........
Old May 26, 2010, 6:20 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Definately take 64A if it is not taken, as UD is much better. Hurry Hurry^
Old May 26, 2010, 6:29 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
So glad you took the experts advice and got ud you will enjoy it. Also more space and you have the side lockers to put your stuff into. Enjoy. Yes and we want a trip report.^
Old May 26, 2010, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
As you seem to be travelling alone, why did you pay to reserve a seat? It seems a bit pointless. It seems especially pointless on a 747 route when the upper deck is not available for pre-selection but was highly likely to have 1 seat available when check-in opened.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.